Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

2019 Pre-Season Rankings

by PunchlinesportsNC » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:36 pm

Updated after some research in regards to team and player movement.

14u
1. CA Breeze 04. Undisputed top team in Nor Cal. (PGF Invited)
2. Sorcerer Schroll. Picked up a solid pitcher to go along with what they already have. (PGF Berth)
3. Universal Fastpitch 05. Young but very deep team. We'll see how they handle the target on their backs. (PGF Invited)
4. Firecrackers Mettler. Loaded up with some PS33 kids jumping ship.
5. Suncats Noriega. Deep mixed team.
6. Universal Fastpitch 04. Strong pick ups.
7. Salinas Storm Plascencia. Status quo.
8. CA Yard Sharks 04. Lost some strong players going into fall.
9. PS33 National. Lost a lot of talent after fall
10. CA Nuggets. Have to do it on the field.

12u
1. AASA Mortimer. Top Team. (Winners) (PGF Invited)
2. Sorcerer Litton/Bigley/Everett. Solid team but needs closers. (PGF Invited)
3. San Jose Sting 2024. Very strong. (PGF Invited)
4. Lady Magic Boykin. Lost some talented pitching but should be ok.
5. Hollister Heat. 2nd tier name, 1st tier team.
6 Grapettes McNair. Should be a healthy change for them.
ALL TEAMS 7-10 NEED TO STEP IT UP
7. Suncats Calvo.
8. Firecrackers Garza
9. Sorcerer Marks
10. LTG

10U
1. San Jose Sting. Big and Talented (PGF Invited)
2. Universal Fastpitch Kimura Best Pitcher in Nor Cal. (PGF Invited)
3. Sorcerer Yoder. Good team with help from the Sorcerer name. (PGF Invited)
4. CA Nuggets. Also a good team. (PGF Invited)
5. CA Breeze Almont
ALL 5 TEAMS SHOULD MAKE SEVERAL TRIPS TO SO CAL TO SEE WHERE THEY REALLY STAND.

PLEASE RESPOND AND TELL US WHAT YOU THINK. DID I MISS ANYONE?
PunchlinesportsNC

by crankshaft » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:03 am

12u
2. Sorcerer- needs closers
4. Lady Magic - lost pitching

Did i hear correctly, Sorcerer picked up that talented pitcher that left Lady Magic? Filled the need!
crankshaft

by Baller50 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:21 pm

First and foremost, is this a ranking post or a rant? While you trying to inform the general public about news and information, there needs to be credibility on your post. Half of the stuff you said on here is not entirely true. Then again everyone is entitled to their opinion unless this post is about your opinion. Here is what I know being around NorCal softball for many years. (Opinion)

1. CA Breeze 04 is not the undisputed top team in NorCal. Yes, they got a PGF invite, but because of the name. Teams like AASA Ayala, YardSharks, to name a few have defeated this team before. Breeze 04 has been exposed and have plateau’d. It is yet to be seen if they will be undisputed top team this season.

2. PS33 National team did not lose a lot of talent. They lost a few girls, but the talent is still there. They have won a paid PGF Nationals tourney entry fee as long as they EARN a berth this upcoming season.

3. Firecrackers Mettler loaded up on some kids because they are not happy with not getting playtime. (Not surprising in NorCal)

4. Universal Fastpitch 05 is a young team and talented and will give older teams a run for their money.

Bottom line is, don’t sleep on some these teams. Here are my top 10 14U rankings for 2019:

1. Ca Breeze 04
2. Sorcerers Schroll
3. PS33 Nationals
4. CA YardSharks
5. WestBay Warriors
6. Firecrackers Mettler
7. Universal Fastpitch 04
8. Universal Fastpitch 05
9. Nevada Batbusters
10. Suncats Noriega
Baller50

by anderho1 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:03 pm

Not sure how Baller50 can say that the California Breeze 04-Fernald team only received a PGF Berth because of the team name? It may be that the team received a PGF Invite because the team has been the #1, 2004 birth year team since 10u. It also can be that they earned a PGF Premiere berth last year by earning it as a 1st year 14u team in Portland. It can also be that the Breeze 04 team had a good fall season by making it to the Championship game at the PGF Shootout losing to the Mercado Athletics 3 to 5. The team went 3-0 in pool play and still went 3 and 1 in bracket play. While in bracket play they beat the Suncats 12-0, Batbusters Flores 3-0 and Cal Nuggets 9-0. After coming up short in the PGF Shootout which is an Invite only tournament, the team went to another Invite only tournament in Salinas at the PGF Ultimate Challenge and went 6-0 to win the championship. The team went 3-0 in pool play and in bracket play beat the Cal Nuggets 13-2, West Bay Warriors 10-6 and in the ship beat a good Sorcerer Schroll team 2-1. You can look these scores up and verify them if you would like. I am not sure how you can say that this team does not deserve the invite when they have proven that they can play and are a good team. In regards to the Yardsharks and AASA Ayala, yes they have lost to these teams but what team doesn't lose? They have more wins over the Yardsharks since 10u. While playing against AASA Ayala majority of the times that they have played them has been in friendlies and have not been able to play them in local tournaments due to the teams not being able to face each other in bracket play. The team lost to them in the fall at the Surf City showcase and they had girls getting reps at their 2nd and 3rd positions, no excuse but so what they lost at a showcase...lol. No knock but keep it real this team has been putting in work since 10u and continue to strive. Instead of worrying about the Breeze 04 team maybe you should worry about your team and stop hating and put in work like they do. You said all that about the Cal Breeze 04 team but in your own ranking you still have them listed as #1...... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by anderho1 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
anderho1

by anderho1 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:18 pm

OHHHH, I forgot maybe it is because they are ranked as the #7 team in the country by FLO SOFTBALL...... :lol: :lol:
anderho1

by UniqueSports » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:11 am

Breeze winning in Salinas was huge. Really good teams at the tournament. Rankings are opinions. Fun to do. If you do a ranking and a lower team beats a higher seed then they should move up. Universal 05 beat univ. 04 team, beat Sorcerers, beat mettler ( i think) should be ranked higher as a result of field play...I do enjoy the rankings nevertheless...where are grapettes. will they be a factor this year?
UniqueSports

by WhoMe » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:44 am

Let's talk about the rankings that really matter!!

1. Habit, In and Out tied for #1 best burger
2. Five Guys
3. Wendy's
4. Carls Junior (Hardees for our Southern friends)
5. Jack In The Box
6. Burger King
7. McDonalds

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WhoMe
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:51 am

WhoMe wrote:Let's talk about the rankings that really matter!!

1. Habit, In and Out tied for #1 best burger
2. Five Guys
3. Wendy's
4. Carls Junior (Hardees for our Southern friends)
5. Jack In The Box
6. Burger King
7. McDonalds

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey a list I can agree with...... ;)
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Baller50 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:49 pm

anderho1 wrote:OHHHH, I forgot maybe it is because they are ranked as the #7 team in the country by FLO SOFTBALL...... :lol: :lol:

Flo Softball is a joke and only rank teams who are registered with them. They are so biased as well. Keep on thinking Breeze is ranked 7th in the country cause I know that Georgia, Texas, Florida, and some teams in SoCal have at least 20 teams ranked higher.
Baller50

by anderho1 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:32 am

Baller50 wrote:
anderho1 wrote:OHHHH, I forgot maybe it is because they are ranked as the #7 team in the country by FLO SOFTBALL...... :lol: :lol:

Flo Softball is a joke and only rank teams who are registered with them. They are so biased as well. Keep on thinking Breeze is ranked 7th in the country cause I know that Georgia, Texas, Florida, and some teams in SoCal have at least 20 teams ranked higher.

Hahahaha....bro I can feel the hate through the screen...lol.....There is no way to get an accurate ranking with all the teams through out the country but I know the girls feel good just getting the recognition after all the hard work they put in. They are 14 year old girls that put in the time in class as well as on the field. Let me ask you a question, what team are you associated with?
anderho1

Next

Return to NorCal