Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

12u rankings NorCal

by Norcalfastpitch » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:12 am

My Top 10 12u Rankings after this weekends tournament:

1. San Jose Sting
2. AASA Mortimer
3. Lady Magic
(Yes these 3 can win any given tournament week in and week out, most tournaments will have 2 of these 3 in the championship)

4. Sorcerers Bigley
5. Firecracker Garza
6. Hollister BlackJacks
7. Cal Breeze
8. Cal Nuggets 06
9. Dirtdogs Close
10. Grapettes 06

Next In:(Alphabetical Order)
AASA Macias
All American Mizuno
Firecracker Galaviz
Grapettes 07
Ltg
Sorcerers Marks
Universal 07
Norcalfastpitch

by Showout » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:42 pm

Norcalfastpitch wrote:My Top 10 12u Rankings after this weekends tournament:

1. San Jose Sting
2. AASA Mortimer
3. Lady Magic
(Yes these 3 can win any given tournament week in and week out, most tournaments will have 2 of these 3 in the championship)

4. Sorcerers Bigley
5. Firecracker Garza
6. Hollister BlackJacks
7. Cal Breeze
8. Cal Nuggets 06
9. Dirtdogs Close
10. Grapettes 06

Next In:(Alphabetical Order)
AASA Macias
All American Mizuno
Firecracker Galaviz
Grapettes 07
Ltg
Sorcerers Marks
Universal 07

This is about as accurate as it can get this early in the season
Showout

by Showout » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:05 pm

:ugeek: I would love to hear some scouting reports of these teams from u that have seen these teams play . I see a lot of people putting teams down but nothing really about each one
Showout

by bulnbr » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:06 pm

Keep an eye on Folsom Freedom. They beat Macias and Universal Walling earlier in the season. Lost to Firecracker Garza by 1. Beat Cal Nuggets 06 and Grapettes 07 this past weekend.
bulnbr
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BB12 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:11 pm

I am glad these rankings are back

AASA Mortimer, Lady Magic, and Sting are the top 3 because they can beat you in different ways and their "back end" of the lineup would be middle of the lineup hitters on many other "ranked teams". They can win if their best players have off days. They play good defense, and their pitchers are consistent.

The rest of the teams listed have decent "cores" but if opposing teams focus on shutting them down or pitching around them, they struggle. They usually are either pitcher dominated "Hollister" or hitter dominated "yet to be seen". Proof
again, that there are too many 12U teams.

Of the teams outside the top 3, Sorcerer Bigley/Everett is probably the closest to the top 3. Losing to Dirtdogs (Elmer Fudd) Close last weekend is not a bad loss, Dirtdogs are a quality, well coached team.

There were other teams mentioned (Hollister Blackjacks, UFP 07, AASA Macias, Breeze, Grapes 06, Nuggets, Firecrackers Garza, ect.) They all have berths (except UFP 07 and Grapes), they all should spend the next 120 days getting better or they will be done at PGF before Sue Enquist tells them they are "the best of the best"....

Hopefully some of these teams can improve and challenge the teams (AASA Mortimer, Sting, Lady Magic / AASA Boykin) that have dominated 12U since September 2018. It will make this thread a little more interesting, and please no BS "we beat AASA in a friendly in January or we beat Sting in pool play in the rain" No one cares about results in friendlies and congratulations beating a team that bats their lineup (13) while you are batting 9. Beat them on Sunday 9 on 9.

Have a nice Easter
BB12
Premium Member
Premium Member

by LoveMeSomeFastpitch » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:29 pm

How come I'm not seeing California Crossfire on any of these top 10 lists? It's not always just about wins and losses, you know. Those girls play their hearts out every game.
LoveMeSomeFastpitch

by Showout » Wed May 01, 2019 2:55 pm

California crossfire ?
Showout

by BB12 » Fri May 03, 2019 12:14 pm

LoveMeSomeFastpitch wrote:How come I'm not seeing California Crossfire on any of these top 10 lists? It's not always just about wins and losses, you know. Those girls play their hearts out every game.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I thought "Rankings" were about wins and losses. The ranking are opinions and as far as I know there is not a weekly meeting or conference call where the rankings are compiled. Some of these dudes probably follow GameChanger while consuming Keystone Light and Cheetos in their underwear, so I wouldn't sweat your team not making the list.

I hope that you "LoveMeSomeFastpitch will forego the Bernie Sanders rally and come check out some of the top teams play. 1stto3rd tourneys welcome tin foil hats and the porta-potties are gender neutral for those who want all youth sports to end in a tie.
BB12
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bigjav8 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:03 pm

1st SJ Sting Moser - took down there 3rd tournament of the year. 6-1 this weekend defeated I-5 in championship of dirt dog classic. Only 2ea loses on Sunday this year. Both to eventual tournament winner.

2nd Mortimer

3rd Lady Magic

Yes I bias but there record speaks for itself!
bigjav8

by BB12 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:07 pm

bigjav8 wrote:1st SJ Sting Moser - took down there 3rd tournament of the year. 6-1 this weekend defeated I-5 in championship of dirt dog classic. Only 2ea loses on Sunday this year. Both to eventual tournament winner.

2nd Mortimer

3rd Lady Magic

Yes I bias but there record speaks for itself!

The win vs. I5 is very solid.

Your rankings are spot on.

It's "their" not there × 2

It's "losses" not loses

It's "I am biased" not I bias

Brutal
BB12
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal