Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

12u rankings NorCal

by LoveMeSomeFastpitch » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:20 pm

:(
Last edited by LoveMeSomeFastpitch on Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LoveMeSomeFastpitch

by eclipse09 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:00 am

LoveMeSomeFastpitch wrote:Well, it's finally going to happen. BB12 is about to get woke. California Crossfire will be gracing the Phil Mumma Memorial tournament with their presence this coming weekend. BB12, I hope you can make it out to Stockton this weekend, because if you do, you are going to witness a level of play that you didn't think was possible for this age group.

And while we're at it, what in the hell is a Grapette? Who names their team after common table grapes that people can buy at Costco for $1.78 a pound?" If someone can think of a less compelling team name, I'd like to hear it.

Actually it would be good if someone could explain the Grapette's origins. My kid is in college and the Grapette org has been around for a long time.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BB12 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:19 am

LoveMeSomeFastpitch wrote:Well, it's finally going to happen. BB12 is about to get woke. California Crossfire will be gracing the Phil Mumma Memorial tournament with their presence this coming weekend. BB12, I hope you can make it out to Stockton this weekend, because if you do, you are going to witness a level of play that you didn't think was possible for this age group.

And while we're at it, what in the hell is a Grapette? Who names their team after common table grapes that people can buy at Costco for $1.78 a pound?" If someone can think of a less compelling team name, I'd like to hear it.

Ok, I almost spit up my morning Tampico punch and Royal Gate Vodka screwdriver.

The beads of morning dew on the double wide means fall is here, almost time to set the clocks back and check the air-pressure on the foundation.

If the Crossfire will be in Stockton, I will be there to evaluate them. I am pretty sure I will be watching the "fall special" an 04 team that is playing down.

I had them in my 12U rankings after a concerned parent posted that the rankings should not be based on record and performance because the team tries really hard.

I cant wait to see the best team that no one has ever seen play. I anticipate they will methodically advance through the bracket on Sunday.

Are Grapes really only $1.78 a pound at Costco? that's a good price. I think the Grapette name came from Lodi being a Grape producing area when they were formed 30 years ago. If I started a team out there today I might name them the Methettes. Life is all about timing.

In my opinion most of the names are kind of lame, but that transcends all sports. I will tell you that I probably wouldnt want my daughter playing for a team with the name "Shocker".

If you are confused, Google: Urban Dictionary "the shocker".
BB12
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:12 pm

Or "dirt dog" when you consider what girl dogs are called
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to NorCal