Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

12u rankings NorCal

by sballcoach » Mon May 27, 2019 7:20 pm

This forum on hiatus or ? Figured 12u would be in full swing by now and some good sh)( talking. Any good news or changes?
sballcoach
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 3BB » Tue May 28, 2019 7:30 am

It's quiet because the usual s-talkers know that if it wasn't for the double elimination format this past weekend, most of them would have been at home watching the Indy 500 on Sunday. :o
3BB
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BB12 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:48 am

What no update? Here is a possible reason....the San Joaquin County Mutual Admiration folk, were too busy spending their Memorial Day shotgunning Natty Light, fighting dogs, getting tattoos, racing their lifted trucks, to provide any updates. I also heard there was a hell of a Memorial sale at the Lululemon outlet so please excercise patience.

The real reason there was no update is because the 4 most hated teams in Norcal 12U softball made the final 4.

This weekend:

1. Nuggets (7-0 won it)
2. Grapettes Moose ( 2nd)
3. SJ Sting (impressive as usual)
4. Grapettes Kapp ( good run )

and as usual AASA Mortimer and Lady Magic stayed and played for a long time

Mortimer shot themselves in the foot vs. Hollister Blackjacks but had a good Sunday losing a close one to Sting

Magic played 12 games in 36 hours finally running out of gas losing to Moose

UFP Walling is the best pure 07 team.

It looks like Nuggets and Grapettes Moose may have entered the group dominated since fall by Sting, Mortimer, and Magic.

It's just one weekend, but valley folk who brought you the mullet, and still wear jean shorts and Corona beach club t-shirts are probably a little pissed off right now behind the sales counter at Les Schwab.

What happened to the California Crossfire dude? They must be getting ready for Zoom Jrs.

Sorcerer?
BB12
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tommyd2142 » Fri May 31, 2019 12:09 pm

Now that I have seen just about every team play not much has changed this spring just My 2 cents

1. Lady Magic (very tough in every way!)
2. AASA Mortimer (monster hitters very strong)
3. San Jose Sting (number 1 pitcher is strong)
4. Sorcerer (Still a very solid team play great D)
5. Grapes Mc Nair (Last 33 games 27-5-1, 20 against qualified teams plus earned PGF premier berth in Salinas)
6. Nuggets 06 (just having played them they play great D and do the little things great!)
7. LTG 06 (also qualified for PGF premier)
8. UF 07 (very talented team with great pitching)
9. Hollister Black Jacks(still strong but need pitching)
10. Grapettes Kapp (big wins against good teams every week!)
Having been around all these teams this spring I think this is pretty accurate. Would love some feedback on some other teams doing well.
tommyd2142
Premium Member
Premium Member

by drsaline » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:19 am

I believe a couple of the teams you have ranked are a too high as we have played a bunch of these teams but not too bad
drsaline

by Norcalfastpitch » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:05 am

With The last 2 months on Spring/Summer season coming here are my current rankings. My rankings our for the season not the last month. Top 3 have been the most consistent teams in Northern California.

1. San Jose Sting (Strongest team, hands down)
2. Lady Magic (deep team, plenty of talent)
3. AASA Mortimer (Talented team)
4. Grappettes 06 (Playing well last 2 Months)
5. Cal Nuggets 06 (playing well last month)
6. Sorcerers Bigley ( No top 3 in a while, MIA)
7. Hollister BlackJacks (Scrappy Bunch)
8. LTG
9. Universal 07
10. Grappettes 07
Norcalfastpitch

by BB12 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:16 am

Just Finished watching the Cornhole National Championship on ESPN 2. Where I live the term "cornhole" has a completely different meaning and is not associated with beanbags and plywood boxes. It was a good watch, some tweaker from Ohio (could have been Stockton) was amazing.

Now on to important stuff 12U NorCal softball:

What in the spandex is going on in Stockton?

This weekend AASA Mortimer replaced Grapettes Kappenmeir as the Valleys lone representative in the final 4.

Dont be fooled by the Grapettes 06 name, the team spends their weekends being shuttled back and forth from Marin in Teslas. They are the "cabernet" Grapettes, and their organic food eating kids are playing great, making the championship on consecutive weekends.

The teams west of the windmills that separate California from where methamphetamines, food and traffic come from are looking pretty good at the moment. Sting has been strong since fall, Mooses teams play better in purple (Smackers) and Nuggets (playing well) decided that being home in time for lunch on Sundays is not a strategy for success.

Lady Magic Boykin is strong and probably enjoyed a weekend off after playing 12 games last weekend.

Sorcerer went down to Socal to play against some great teams and share loud motivational quotes about launch angles and softball fashion with all the programs that take NorCal for granted.

This weekend:

1. Sting
2. Grapettes 06 (Moose)
3. AASA Mortimer (lost to Sting)
4. Cal Nuggets (lost to Grapes 06)

My "very important"Top 10....as of 6/3/19

1. Sting
2. Grapettes 06 Moose
3. AASA Mortimer
4. Lady Magic Boykin
5. Nuggets 06 - Woods
6. Sorcerer Bigley
7. Grapettes Kap
8. LTG
9. Universal 07
10. California Crossfire (cant resist)
BB12
Premium Member
Premium Member

by drsaline » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:33 pm

Just wondering how people are compiling there rankings. I know no one watches all these teams every week so I'm kinda curious. Teams own websites. Game Changer, friends on teams? Also is t only Sundays that matter or do Saturdays factor in?
drsaline

by tommyd2142 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:11 pm

I think most of us are around all these teams pretty much every weekend and GC does come into play if you are running it for your team like I do. I also have a daughter that pitches so I get to see most of these teams often. It’s a tight circle and everyone keeps track of what’s going on at 12u. Moose just had another great weekend in San Diego going 6-1 lost in championship to a very good I-5 North team. My original rankings left out Cal Breeze 06 much improved team. They are in the conversation I believe. There are some big tourneys coming up that should give us some more clarity on Nor Cal 12u teams.
tommyd2142
Premium Member
Premium Member

by drsaline » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:48 pm

the week before Nationals there will be a pre Nationals invite only warm up with only teams who have berths. All the big teams will be there. Should be a good gauge of which teams will be ready for the show.
drsaline

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal