Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Any New Coaches in your area 12's&14's

by notthisagain » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:33 pm

Any new teams pop up with new coaches? Or is it the same old coaches with just a shuffling of players replanting?
notthisagain

by Onebadhab » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:23 am

YardSharks 12u 06 Escobar becomes AASA 14u 06 Escobar/Diggle. Rob Diggle joins the coaching staff. Long time AASA 18’s coach. He’s bringing his experience to this young group!
Onebadhab

by jimmya22 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:45 pm

From what I've seen and read, there are about 5 brand new 06 teams. I think there was a 6th one as well, but they were not able to fill a competitive teams. With so many new teams, it spreads the talent out even more, so it's tough for existing teams to fill those last few spots. Many of the 06 teams have added 05 players, so it will be interesting to see how many of the 14u teams are still all 06.

There are also a few brand new 12u teams that have started up.
jimmya22
Premium Member
Premium Member

by notthisagain » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:07 am

jimmya22 wrote:From what I've seen and read, there are about 5 brand new 06 teams. I think there was a 6th one as well, but they were not able to fill a competitive teams. With so many new teams, it spreads the talent out even more, so it's tough for existing teams to fill those last few spots. Many of the 06 teams have added 05 players, so it will be interesting to see how many of the 14u teams are still all 06.

There are also a few brand new 12u teams that have started up.

5 brand new? are you saying all those coaches are brand-new to travel ball?Not old coaches with new shuffle of players.
notthisagain

by notthisagain » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:21 am

Almost no team stays completely together going into the next season. Raise your hand and speak up if you've been on a team that didn't change the next season.
Applaud that. But even a few players shuffling changes a team. Lose best pitcher, hitter, or defensive player, add a coach who's a jerk, its a different team.

Any new coaches?
notthisagain

by BB12 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:48 am

Back from a family camping trip in San Francisco, strange how an urban center has become so popular with camping enthusiasts. Met a nice guy named Wally, he must have been a diabetic because he was constantly jambing needles in his arm. He asked if I wanted to try but my glycemic levels are normal and I hate needles.

As for coaching changes, there have been lots in 12s and 14s and until a few games are played, no one will know the impact is.

I do love all this hoopla over Rob Diggle. A guy blessed with great players in 18s, now gets the 06 Yardsharks. I am sure he will show all the current crop of coaches how the pros do it.

That AASA 3D defense is key to success, just ask the AASA 12U teams that returned from PGF a month ago.

No mention of the Breeze also moving their 18s coach to 14s, effectively creating a new Grapettes team with all the kids who fled after the coaching change was announced. Well played...

Speaking of Grapettes, the San Jose Grapettes folded before they ever suited up. Apparently the image of the coach in a purple leotard scared all the talent over to the Cal Rays and the Sirens.

Lady Magic proved that being honest and consistent in your message and approach work, they returned every player which is rare in the day of instant gratification.

The Sting and Nuggets both fired their 12U staffs and replaced them with their own "Organizational Saviors". Apparently they didnt enjoy winning and wanted to get back to business as usual.

You feel the theme? Coaches coming down to 14s to get a new flock to fleece. They are gonna make your daughter a star for $50 per 1/2 hour.

These coaches are "legends" and coach High School Ball (Rec-Ball for High School players). Its pretty comical. Saw this act a few years back. Like putting used tires on a Tesla.

Most High School softball coaches these days are anyone who can pass a background check and can spell softball.

These dudes need to earn a buck, and dropping into 14s gets them some new guaranteed lesson $$, until that huge $3000 high school coaching check drops.

I am rooting for the coaches who have been with us since 10s, they may be loud, obnoxious, make ridiculous proclamations from the coaches box, do poor reenactments of YouTube videos at practice, wear gender neutral outfits, but they are the survivors.

They have endured insane parents, multiple roster purges, and themselves. They have a tough hill ahead with all these "legendary coaches" poised to teach them how its done.

Some of you may reach that status someday, all you need is some chapstick and a little luck, oh, and a pair leggings or some really cool sunglasses wont hurt.

So lets raise a toast (Cabernet for Moose) Natty Light for the rest, to the survivors "may they make it to 2020".

2020 will be the year that a male coach finally wears leggings without the shorts over, 1st to 3rd or AST may give a cash prize for that level of commitment.
BB12
Premium Member
Premium Member

by notthisagain » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:38 pm

Well what comes around goes around. That's the pattern.

14u and up rather have a coach that's been through the cycle at least once then coaches still yet to figure out the showcasing aspect and the connections. Significantly important 2nd year 14 and on.
notthisagain

Return to NorCal