Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Odd new rule

by B286708 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:19 pm

So as games have resumed at Rainbow fields, I felt pretty good about most of the rule changes to improve player safety. I felt like during the games most umpires were trying to keep contact to a minimum while allowing the game to have a normal feel to it. The only rule I found baffling was around video/photos. On website the rules state that each team was allowed one videographer to setup gopros for the families and limit traffic behind backstop (which is a good idea) but then when rules were emailed directly to coaches it seems the rule was each team was allowed only one camera. Then when you get there the rules are even stricter and parents weren't allowed to even take a photo from the sideline. I am wondering what this has to do with player safety? Or is there something else behind these rules?
B286708
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SDTitans » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:12 pm

Spazsdad wrote:We are scheduled to play up there next weekend. I saw the “rules” and there is so much crap in there it makes you scratch your head..
The photo thing for one. What are they trying to hide from public view?
Batters have to wear a mask and if they reach base they can remove it. So of the girl is trying to leg out a double or triple she is supposed to be running full speed with a mask on? Totally dangerous behavior due to the restriction of oxygen.
After the third out players are supposed to take a mask from their pocket and put it on before running of the field. Are you kidding me?
Only 3 players in the dugout, the rest sit in the stands.
Teams are responsible for disinfecting the dugouts after their game. So we pay them $1000 for 80 min games and we are supposed to clean the facility for them.
The rules are also full of power trip comments like;
We don’t need spectators.
If you don’t like it stay home.
Etc.
They keep crying how they are only running at 60% capacity like we are supposed to feel sorry for them.

Never played with 1st to 3rd but sounds like a real shit show they are running

Spaz..

I have taken a few of my teams up there the last few years and every time has been a great experience. The places we played were good and great competition. I have taken 10u up to 18u teams that go up there, so seen it for all the age divisions no complaints and the staff was nice and treated us well.
SDTitans
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Under the Radar » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:01 am

most likely they do not want photos or videos due to playing games while the state prohibits it.
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member

by softballparent60 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:26 pm

We were at Rainbow Fields, Modesto last weekend (1stto3rd). Girls didn't complain about the wearing the mask while batting. My daughter didn't think it affected her.

The girls didn't clean the dugout. They just needed to clear out quickly. Rainbow fields had a guy with a cannister spraying the dugout after the girls left.

Most of the girls on the team are just happy they are playing. We'll be at 1stto3rd events every weekend in June.
softballparent60
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SouthbayFP » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:06 pm

Spazsdad wrote:We are scheduled to play up there next weekend. I saw the “rules” and there is so much crap in there it makes you scratch your head..
The photo thing for one. What are they trying to hide from public view?
Batters have to wear a mask and if they reach base they can remove it. So of the girl is trying to leg out a double or triple she is supposed to be running full speed with a mask on? Totally dangerous behavior due to the restriction of oxygen.
After the third out players are supposed to take a mask from their pocket and put it on before running of the field. Are you kidding me?
Only 3 players in the dugout, the rest sit in the stands.
Teams are responsible for disinfecting the dugouts after their game. So we pay them $1000 for 80 min games and we are supposed to clean the facility for them.
The rules are also full of power trip comments like;
We don’t need spectators.
If you don’t like it stay home.
Etc.
They keep crying how they are only running at 60% capacity like we are supposed to feel sorry for them.

Never played with 1st to 3rd but sounds like a real shit show they are running

Spazdad,
I was there last weekend. It didn’t seem bad. They have to impose a lot of the rules to keep the public safety guys happy. She can pull the mask off while she is running if she wants too. The girls just want to play.
SouthbayFP
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Stealing Home » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:53 am

Under the Radar wrote:most likely they do not want photos or videos due to playing games while the state prohibits it.

B-I-N-G-O!! Representing PGF well.
Stealing Home

by B286708 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:47 pm

Spazdad that is what I thought too. I was wondering if they are afraid of something blowing up on Twitter and them having to try and explain. I also heard rumor that Rainbow was having insurance issues and maybe hosting without it and hence don’t want any pics floating around. I also noticed that a lot of non local teams are showing up and making hard for us locals to get into the tournaments. Hopefully it gets better later this summer.
B286708
Premium Member
Premium Member

by brown bomber » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:09 pm

Saw on a FB post from Stanislaus County today saying Rainbow Fields were closed today in the middle of some games. Can anyone confirm?
brown bomber

by softballparent60 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:41 am

softballparent60
Premium Member
Premium Member

by puppy135 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:58 pm

Many rules in place, but rules were not being followed as the weeks went by. Many parents, coaches and kids without masks. Social distancing was not very evident. Saw a parent being told not to take pictures since they did not want them posted on social media showing people not wearing masks. Started out as a great idea, but as more and more teams got added the rules were not enforced. On top of that a couple of players tested positive for COVID19 and likely exposed other kids and parents.
puppy135
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to NorCal