Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Incline Village Tournament?

by softballjunky12 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:03 pm

Can someone send me the link to the June Incline Village tournament? Plus feel free to add any feedback on on the tournament...ie. level of teams that attend..etc.

Thanks!
softballjunky12

by NCal123 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:43 pm

http://capitolsports.org/public/

Level of play is fair to good. Some "A" teams but some not "A" as well.

Worth the trip if you want to kick it a little and enjoy tahoe. Not recommended if you are looking to play six very competitive games. Just make sure that is understood going in.

In the past have used it as a fun/relax tourney after Metros. Fields we played at were very nice and great views. Plenty of places to stay at along the lake and most have BBQ facilities.
Girls had a great time the couple of years we did it and still talk about it.
NCal123

by 454Malibu » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:21 am

Yeah, we did it when my Daughter was 12U a few years back. Competition as stated, some good, some not so. A few nice older, but remodeled Motels along the main highway and then higher end stuff. BBQ, let the girls swim and hang out! Great place to get away when you get tired of Stockton and Modesto!
454Malibu

by 2ddsonebucket » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:56 pm

Great event to learn about the parents and families...enough said
2ddsonebucket

by weasal3 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:54 pm

We played last year as 12's. I think there was 8 teams in our age group. 4 were pretty good ,the other 4 were pretty weak. My advice is ,if you go make sure you book your lodging well in advance. The motels suck,your best bet is to rent a condo.
it was a lot of fun,we might play again this year
W3
weasal3

by 454Malibu » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:16 am

We stayed here (Tahoe Inn) 2 Summers ago. http://staynorthtahoe.com/ Decent and they had a nice patio and bbq area. 2.5 to 3 stars for basic motel in Kings Beach which is about 5 minutes from the fields. CHEAP too. Just get rooms in the main motel area (by the pool) and not in the old annex area.
454Malibu

by Hamstring » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:21 pm

Great Tourney to get into. As long as there is nothing major planned elsewhere that weekend, usually is not. As mentioned above, the comp is mixed but worth the drive and $$ for the semi-relaxation you'll get.

Plan some events ahead of time BBQ and some vollyball along with some lake swimming.

Usually done with the games early enough to get some good bonding time in for the girls and parents.

If you're a two DD dad in two diffenent levels you'll miss the relaxation driving between feilds to catch that next game...sorry...you could always catch a blackjack table later that night.. 8-)

Cheers!
Hamstring

Return to NorCal