Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

HS playa

by sball2play09 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:01 pm

:D Gonna put smiles on! Dtr did it, made Varsity as a frosh! Hard work and all heart. Thanks babe for making your dreams come true for ol pops!
sball2play09

by instiga8tor » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:20 am

That is perfect. Now there is one more father of a talented Freshman player that can have those smiles turn to frowns in a month. Then you will be Bit..... about how much the HS coaches suck:)
instiga8tor

by coachchug » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:22 am

I had a freshman catcher at my HS last year. She started every game and made first team all league. We won league then lost in second round of CIF 2-1. We were ahead 1-0 in the seventh then gave up two on a ball that never left the infield,
but thats a whole other story. Anyway this freshmans FATHER still had something to complain about!!!!
coachchug

by xxxYerOut » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:12 pm

Yea, yesterday was a lot of fun at our first HS scrimmages. Great to see so many people from years of playing softball. There are plenty of Freshman playing Varsity. DD pitched for both Varsity and JV.

The highlight was when she got back to the Varsity fields to play the last one in the field when one of our Jr's told her "I'm glad you're back. I missed you. That was a little rough while you were gone." DD thinks it was a good first day toward the team starting to gel.

They have their work cut out for them, but we like where they are heading.
xxxYerOut

by sball2play09 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:51 pm

Hey I-Gator, I already know about high school coaches. :o It's her hard work and determination and all those work outs she went to that impressed me. When she continues to have the same work ethic during the season, then I will be still a smiling dad. High school coach or not.
sball2play09

by Lifesgud » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:22 pm

instiga8tor wrote:That is perfect. Now there is one more father of a talented Freshman player that can have those smiles turn to frowns in a month. Then you will be Bit..... about how much the HS coaches suck:)

As with any other coach, high school coaches are doing what they feel is best for the kids & the community that they are serving. Lets not beat them up too much. After all, I doubt that any of us would take the job if they quit.
Lifesgud

by Imperial SB Dad » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:43 am

Congratulations, here is to hoping she has a great season. :D
Imperial SB Dad

by 454Malibu » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:50 pm

Congrats to your Daughter and you proud Dad! Mine did it last year and was the starting Catcher and First. Made First team all League "Freshman Player of the Year"! I was and continue to be so proud! Travel ball and all the hard work and sacrifice is what gets them there as well as their own heart! Congrats! :D
454Malibu

by hodi » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:04 pm

High School?????? Well our DD made Varsity as a Freshman but now the coach is changing her swing & told her all balls hit it to her she needs to back hand at firstbase. She is a true L/L & hits for power,plays center field on Travel. But he feels that left bench is her best position for now. Oh in tryouts he made her it righthand...told her that would be fair to the other girls....
hodi

by outnlftfield » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:52 pm

jv and varsity programs for the most part seem to be stocked with two-thirds rec ball players one -third travel ball girls. Recognized the travel ball faces right away...west..johansen..lodi..buhach..bear creek..hughson..east union..oakdale..frosh/soph on varsity making a serious impact..parents taking that high school grudge matches very serious ..worse than travel ball rivalries...good to see the parents,fans,girls pumped up..exciting at nor-cal classic
outnlftfield

Return to NorCal