by LadyMagic83 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:49 pm

The Lady Magic family is deeply saddened by the news that Mavis Heyward
passed away earlier this morning. Our deepest and most sincere thoughts,
prayers and love go out to Earl, Simone, Stephanie and the entire Heyward
family.

Services have not yet been set, and Earl has requested that the family be
allowed to grieve, for the moment, in private. Please respect the families
wishes and not contact them.

Thank you Mavis, you will always be missed.
LadyMagic83

by Que » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:02 pm

I am truly saddened to hear that Mavis is no longer with us. I was glad that I had an opportunity to meet her and become her softball friend these past few years. She was always a pleasure to be around and a wonderful person to talk with. I knew Mavis as a person very dedicated to this game and a tireless worker for the former "Fire & Ice" team now the Lady Magic. I will pray for the family and hope that all around the softball community that new Mavis do the same.

To Earl, from what I have witnessed Mavis was truly your "REAL ASSISTANT COACH". To Simone & Stephanie please continue to honor your mother as I know you will with the same work ethic & desire that she possessed. Take care to you all and God bless.

Mavis, thank you for being the leader you were. You will forever be missed!!
Que

by dittoz » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:37 am

Mavis was an anchor in the NorCal Fastpitch community. From her time with Fire & Ice to the more recent Lady Magic, we remember her and respect her vast knowledge and support she gave to so many in the Fastpitch Community.

Our family had the very great priviledge of calling Mavis a friend and it is difficult to believe that her time has come so soon. We'll miss her, her always smiling face and that big ASA Nationals hat she frequently wore, but more, we'll miss her presence. She was larger than life and she will be missed terribly.

Mavis was incredibly proud of the success all of her family earned and we look forward to the success of Simone at LSU, Stephanie as she moves into high school and gold-level ball in coming years and of course Spencer and his future endeavors!

Our love goes to all of them!

~ The Lerner Family
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

Return to NorCal