Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

SAC 16U rankings

by Are you kidding me? » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:29 am

I have seen her and frankly I don't disagree with the post about her talent or skill, she is a great player. I wasn't ridiculing the player, the poster was who I called out. Wasnt it you that posted something about one or two players not making a team, teams of this calibur cannot win consistently with just a few good players, takes a team! ;) The post was more about singling out one player than who the player was. NOT taking away anything from her or any of the players on that team. Its about the kids and their experience...lets all keep that in mind.

As with any team the truly talented will seek out those of the same calibur. Good players will wonder away from teams they dont get the playing time they want or the level of competition and therefore exposure from...and gravitate towards places that will give them that...agreed....

As for the matchups in the coming tourneys...it will be interesting indeed....
Are you kidding me?

by watchtonsofsoftball » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:19 am

Looks like I ruffled some feathers with a parent. Your right maybe I shouldn't single anyone out. There are certain kids that catch my attention and she was one of them. Its always about a team effort. Agreed that kids gravitate to other kids of the same calibur. As far as fall goes and kids playing other sports, your not going to convince me there. For the kind of money that teams cost to play, I'd definately want my kid on a committed team . Thats a whole new discussion. The upcoming schedule is getting interesting for sure. Maybe I could sway the TD to have a pool like:
TNT
CA Rapids
Foothill Gold
Lady Magic
AASA

Lets just sort this thing out right here! That would make for some nice talk over the winter. Ahh that would be to easy.
watchtonsofsoftball

by dittoz » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:42 am

I don't post here much anymore, mainly over at 43'... Most of you from around NorCal that are on here know me :) and I come back here to post as this thread comes very close to home - my kid also played for TNT and was one of those who left TNT and now plays at the Rapids. Both teams are good quite frankly. TNT is one of the greatest groups of kids and parents my family has had the fortune to play with. As happens sometimes, it was just time to move on. Nothing against TNT - if it was the right situation, we wouldn't hesitate to play there again and we remain close with many of the families !

Rapids are also a great bunch of kids. We are playing all 18's this fall and we'll see how things pan out for spring as to 16s or 18s. The showcases are definitely a different beast than tournament ball and in spite of winning most of the games we've played, it ain't about that as much. I'm just a dad on the team these days and take a lot of photos - more oftne than not my world is a 3" x 3" screen and a 1/2" hole to look thru! :) Decisions, strategies and coaching are all up to the coaches who are indeed demanding and very knowledgeable. Personally, I hope we stay at 16s where we can compete in the local metro and perhaps go to Nationals and compete in one of the most highly recruited ASA tournaments in the country but that all remains to be seen.

LM is equally good. We know several of the girls over there and we think very highly of Earl and his group. FHG? Have not yet seen them play either, but we know a few of them as well and if the rest of the team competes as they do, they're likely a good team too! Having a pool as "watches" suggests would be pretty cool. Not sure it would be fair to the others, but what the heck... it'd certainly settle some of the commotion here ;)

Good luck to everyone as your DD's continue their journey.

Best,
curt
Being from NorCal, what do I know anyway???
dittoz

by Heyall » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 am

Well THAT just takes the fun out of everything, don't it ? ;)
Thanks for clearing up a lot of things, all in one post!

Hey Grapettes! How about it!?
Heyall

by watchtonsofsoftball » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:58 pm

Well I know the Grapettes saw this thread but unfortunately looks like we will have to hope they meet up in eliminations on sunday. I see 2 games of interest.
AASA vs. Foothill gold
Lady Magic vs Ca Rapids

If FH Gold gets past AASA I will give them some love. Good pitcher I hear vs good hitting team.
Magic and Rapids just settles who is where in sac. In overall picture doesnt mean as much as the first game IMO. Who knows maybe we will see more matchups on sunday with some meaning to them. I will definately be out for this weekend. Good games in 14u division as well at arnaiz.
watchtonsofsoftball

by Heyall » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:43 pm

Seems much of this may be a mute point now that the season is pretty much over;

-- TNT is apparently on the verge of either breaking up or seeing a significant roster turnover.
-- When it's not raining, Lady Magic is beating virtually everyone they play, at least in Sactown.
-- FHG has yet to really play anyone at the Marquee level of Sac-area 16's
-- 16u Rapids (Warren) appear to be graduating a number of the better players to 18G and are looking for a lot of new players.

So, will Lady Magic continue to rule their world? Will FHG emerge at the Association Championship in June as the better team? Will Rapids-Warren pick up fresh pitching and hitting? And what about TNT? Will we continue to see them in coming seasons?

It's going to get interesting!
Heyall

by watchtonsofsoftball » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:37 am

Yes it's fall....but I will say I told you so.

From your post heyall, if its true TNT is losing some players, I said a few pages back they needed to do something and probably look to move. Of course I caught some heat, but it looks like someone is paying attention. Its just reality, doesnt mean it has to be popular.

As far as Lady Magic, again, saw them quite a bit early in the season and I said their additions coupled with seemingly better chemistry has made them a huge force again. That team hits like no other team at 16s right now. When their pitching is on, anyone in this area will have fits with them. And its not just in sacramento. From the game tracker updates they have won atleast 7 games against so cal teams too. They also beat a very good az hot shots team. Again caught heat for giving them some love. Lots of magic haters here as I realized when I myself starting giving them their due. And I did a 180 from the summer on this team as they lost against some teams that made me shake my head and obviously were not the same team. Oh and the biggest thing is they are drawing scouts NOW. I am not at liberty to say but there are several big schools already following that team.
IMO they are the clear front runner in sacramento easily and will go deep next year wherever they play.
FHG- I did finally see, and they are a pretty good team. I was impressed overall with them. However, I dont think they have enough pitching right now. FHG's problem will be that there name is foothill gold.

Rapids- Good team, not great. Probably top 10 but not at the upper level in the area just yet. Pitching again is a bit lacking. Good hitting team.
watchtonsofsoftball

Previous

Return to NorCal