Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

16s FATT DADDY's ....what's going on!!

by BeenAroundToo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:40 am

Gametime, thanks for going out on a limb all year and posting your take on how teams rank.

Now that the summer season is in the books I was thinking you may want to update your rankings one more time based on what teams actually did rather than what you think they will do.

Let me just out myself and tell you that I am the parent of a Valley Stomper player. We understand the lack of respect in your previous rankings because our team had played primarily 16s this summer and was off your radar screen. We also understand that these rankings really are entertainment designed to promote certain teams.

A little respect for the Valley Stompers who beat three of the teams you have ranked above them (R&R 99, AASA-Harrison, and KG Hitters) in the gold championship bracket at TCWS where they finished second losing only to Breeze 98 4-3 in the championship game.

The one thing you were right on about is the coaching on this team. Not only does he teach the skills and manage games extremely well, he meets each player where she is at and treats her with respect. They really know how to build a team from an eclectic group of players.

Just looking for a little respect for my DD's team …………… :)
BeenAroundToo

by Safe under the tag » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:24 pm

Kinda funny, been around too, you say that, and you call yourself that, but if your team wants respect, #1 you don't ask for it, #2 the team earns it. Not saying they didn't, but if that's what you want, don't come begging for it. Especially in this forum. Obviously you have not been around. Teams and orgs earn the respect of their peers, don't go on hey bucket and ruin that by asking for it.
Safe under the tag

by Wilson Bats » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:49 am

Will the Fatt Daddy rankings be moving to the 16U age group now?
Wilson Bats

by catchers_rock » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:36 am

Watching a friends team at the world series and heard the score keeper say she had to re- enter 99% of the Valley Stompers team into GC. because the roster was totally different for the World Series than when they had played them a few weeks before. If this is true or not, I am not sure. Just saying if they loaded the team with older girls I don’t respect the coaching but the girls deserve it , they played well. And yes they beat my kids team!
catchers_rock

by GameTime23 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:58 am

CR..Not true at all...I watched 4 or 5 of their games at TCS and same team all year. I believe he might of added a 3rd pitcher and OF...Stompers won with the girls that got Callaway there!!!

Dude can take 9 neighbor hood kids and compete...He's that good!!!

Wilson..... I still thinking about 16’s rankings, but just not sure if it’s worth it?

I march to the beat of my own drum and my kid is going to college with or without sports, so I’m considering it…..

Got plenty of great feedback over the years, but someone always going to hate!!!!

FEEDBACK from a respected Buckethead:
Ehhh...No real need to. I started to, and it became real obvious who is who. The other thing is too many 14 teams in 16U, and 18G teams will come down to qualify for 16U if they don't have seniors on the roster. The good teams will play at least half their schedule in SoCal. You really do start knowing all the players since the number of kids thins out. There's really no mystery.
GameTime23

by ICMTM » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:12 pm

In our area this past summer 16's went pretty much exactly how I thought. The only surprise to me was the CA Krypt'nite. I knew they had some talent but I didn't know they were as good as they showed.
ICMTM

by GameTime23 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:13 pm

Breeze 98 showed well playing 18s and continue to compete with anyone...

KG hitters played 16s and straight ballin & top 14s team..... Won 16s.....Congrats!!!

AASA played well and runner up 16s.....Congrats!!!

Grapes DP & Cal Nuggets both in final 4......

This weekend we will see more 16s playing RR tourny. Fall is here!!!!
GameTime23

by ICMTM » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:58 am

Watch what some of the "2nd year" 16U teams do come summer. You won't see them now, but they may try and qualify for a premier berth in spring even though they are listed as 18G teams.
ICMTM

by fansoftball » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:19 pm

fall is over, tryouts this weekend...how about an update from GT23?
fansoftball

by Gut » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:01 am

OK. This is a little off topic, but am I the only one who thinks it's asinine to tryout for a team in November that won't play it's first tournament until May??? Yes, I understand that these teams hold "clinics" during the High School season and other events, but come on man. SIX MONTHS before the season starts???!!!!!! That's ridiculous. I might not even be alive by then.....
Gut

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal