Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

16s FATT DADDY's ....what's going on!!

by Wilson Bats » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:40 pm

Haven't seen all the 16U's play this Fall as many were playing 18Gold but here is my top team picks after Fall.
1. Lady Magic
2. NorCal Firecrackers-Baisdon
3. CA. Breeze-Mashburn
4. Sorcerers-Bill
5. West Bay Nuggets
6. AASA Harrison
7. Nor Cal Firecrackers-Sharks
8. Nor Cal Patriots
9. K G Hitters
10. You Pick
Wilson Bats

by GameTime23 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:40 pm

Wilson I appreciate the effort and love the fact you’re giving Nor Cal Bucket a lifeline.

I’m not sure about your rankings tho, but I would like to offer a little input if you don’t mind. I would love to post what’s really going on, but things are bad for teams out there right now and tons of player movement just after fall. You would think all the drama with players, parents and coaches would end? But it hasn’t and only getting worse from what I can see.

At this age is all about showcasing, fields and contacts…Winning is out the door!!!

#1). Lady Magic: cream of the crop, top fields and tourneys and sending kids to big time colleges. Top of the line coaching too. what more could you ask for?

Lady Sharks VG: Sound be on this list. Top coaching, with some very good talent on this team. Handful of players have verbal or on the radar for other schools. Team has enough talent to over come player loss and other issues. Team will play 18's this summer is my guess.

#2). FC98: seemed little off this fall, but who cares. Still getting kids signed and team is loaded with talent. Will lose a few good players this summer. Lets see if the adds will make up for loses? Coach Mike has done a great job with this team and they will be a Top Nor Cal team for sure this summer. Keep up the good work.

#3). Breeze98: I love this team and they always show up and will play anywhere. Tons of talent and getting kid on the radar. Let hope DM will play nice with the other teams this summer...no need for unwanted attention when colleges are looking I don't think.....

#4). Sorcerer: A lot going on here and doesn’t look good for org going forward. Many of the signed kids move up this fall and other are leaving after this fall. Didn’t play well this fall and beat by many of the team ranked lower than them....(FYI not my rankings)...team is still loaded with some of the top young talent and has a PGF berth this summer (i'm guessing on this one???). Lets see if they can replace and reload for the summer. Good Luck!!

#5). Cal Nuggets: Up and coming and on the rise!!! Beat all 3 of the top ranked teams they played this fall. Playing top So Cal tourney, fields and games. Woods has her mojo working and a BUZZ about the whole org!!! Looks like they added a few players and didn't lose any. Team will represent well this summer!!

#6). AASA: A lot going on here. Team had a winning rec this fall, but just didn’t get into the big tourneys or fields. Will have a large turnover this fall. Enough talent in place and good young coaching will keep them competitive. Will need to add a few more to the puzzle and get into the top tourneys and fields to be scene. Good luck!!!

#7). FC-Sharks: Didn’t see very much after leaving lady sharks this fall. I know they have added a few proven A- Ballers to the mix. Should be a very competitive team going forward. Not sure in the FC name will give them the juice they will need to showcase, but quality kids are going there. This team will compete well this summer!!!

#8). NC Patriots: I’m lost on this one and didn’t see them at all this Fall.

#9). KG: Big time young talent on this team and kids being showcased at the big tourneys and playing and beating top teams here in Nor cal and So Cal. This team is loaded with D1 players and will be one of Nor Cal top teams going forward. Kiko one of the top coaches and those kids and parents are lucky to play for him. I think this team is registered as a 14’s, but will play 16’s this summer!! Top #3 team if you ask me.

#10). Grapes DP, Stompers, KG-hugel, Stings 16’s
GameTime23

by SayHey » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:32 pm

I gotta disagree with the rankings. The Firecrackers and Breeze each lost a couple of key players to promotion while the Sorcerers are a team in disarray - their top pitcher took off before fall & then they lost top 3-4 hitters, not to mention being led by a mediocre coaching staff. I'd knock all three teams down a few rungs.
SayHey

by GameTime23 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:19 am

Congrats Grapes Coach DP…great job with 16’s friendly in sac this weekend. I hate the drive, but it was well run and a good experience.

Like the extra stuff you did with relay contest, team pics and t-shirts. Something a little different. Plus umpire were pretty good for 1-man crew and fields you did your best.

Can clearly see the effort and pride you guys took in having a good friendly.

Good luck this summer!!!
GameTime23

by Magos » Fri May 30, 2014 6:42 pm

I have to disagree all around. Sorcerer will be the team to beat. Good pitching, good hitting and good D.
The coaching staff is strong too. Thanks to BS and RR my daughter made her mark.
Magos

by Wilson Bats » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:02 pm

What happened in Las Vegas it shows the Sorcerers forfeiting to the NC Firecrackers
Wilson Bats

by fansoftball » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:59 pm

Wilson Bats wrote:What happened in Las Vegas it shows the Sorcerers forfeiting to the NC Firecrackers

whatever the reason, that has to be heartbreaker to a team that looks like it was rolling.

on another note, Firecrackers Baisdon got their berth.
AASA and both Nuggets teams...BBQ??? ouch
Both Dirt Dogs teams won a few loser bracket games.
Firecrackers Rod made a little noise.
fansoftball

by respectthegame » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:13 pm

The girls had finals and games were running behind. That's what was told to those who were there yesterday.
respectthegame
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jtat32 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:21 am

respectthegame wrote:The girls had finals and games were running behind. That's what was told to those who were there yesterday.

That would have been my guess. Tough position to be in. Kudos on a good run, hope the girls do well on their finals, and good luck next qualifier!
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GameTime23 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:28 am

Sorcerer looked very good and beat nuggets 4-2.....FC98 always legit..

AASA and Nuggets (missing 4/5 kids HS) give them credit for putting themselfs out there and making that trip...D Doggs and FC rodriguez showed well too...

The PGF chase is on!!!!
GameTime23

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal