Ok so I am new to all of this but I am a little confused. I have a few questions maybe some of you can answer.
My daughters team is in the ASA Tournament this weekend in Roseville and a few things don't make sense to me.
1. Why would a tournament take 26 teams if it makes the brackets uneven. We have pools with 6 teams which means not all teams play each other in their pool, then pools with 4 teams so everyone plays each other. How do you get a true #1 - seed if you don't play everyone in the pool. Shouldn't the tournament be cut at 24 teams so everyone plays all the teams in their pool?
2. Why would the Gold Silver be split 13 teams each? It looks like there are teams that are #1 seeds who have bye's first round then a team who is #1 doesn't get a bye. How do they decide what #1 seed doesn't get a bye. If the tourney was cut at 24 it would be split 12 12. With 26 why didn't they go 14 12 so we don't have all of these bye games?
3. How do the pools get drawn. I think it is funny that you have pools stacked with young teams and then pools stacked with older teams. Wouldn't it make sense to mix the pools with an even number of young and old teams.
4 I guess basically I am wondering Does ASA have a standard way to do pool play schedules or bracket Sunday play? Or are all of the tournaments like this.



























