Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

14U Team for girls not playing HS Ball Next Spring?

by Boogieman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

I would like to know if anyone knows of any coach out there that s planning on putting together a team made up of all the 99's that are currently playing on older 14U teams and the 98's that don't plan on playing HS ball? As most of you remember last season we had TS Softball coached by Joe Mello, which turned out to be a great team for all of the girls that needed a place to play in the Spring.
Boogieman

by lookingIN » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:21 am

Boogieman wrote:I would like to know if anyone knows of any coach out there that s planning on putting together a team made up of all the 99's that are currently playing on older 14U teams and the 98's that don't plan on playing HS ball? As most of you remember last season we had TS Softball coached by Joe Mello, which turned out to be a great team for all of the girls that needed a place to play in the Spring.

Goodluck on trying to find a team now ??????? lol... :lol:
lookingIN

by Old Darter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:46 am

lookingIN wrote:
Boogieman wrote:I would like to know if anyone knows of any coach out there that s planning on putting together a team made up of all the 99's that are currently playing on older 14U teams and the 98's that don't plan on playing HS ball? As most of you remember last season we had TS Softball coached by Joe Mello, which turned out to be a great team for all of the girls that needed a place to play in the Spring.

Goodluck on trying to find a team now ??????? lol... :lol:

I think Boogie is talking about a spring temp team.
Old Darter

by Boogieman » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:41 pm

That is exactly what I meant. I know a handful of 99s who won't have a team to play on in the spring since the teams that they are on will be playing HS ball. In NorCal we had TS Softball ans in SoCal they had Sota Spring Team "firecrackers Sota". A NorCal coach could defiantly make a good run with that team at Fresno Force and Firecrackers Mother's Day.
Boogieman

by ICMTM » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:16 pm

There is are "misfit" teams every year. TS wasn't the only one last year.

Since you have an idea of what the team could be start putting it together yourself. Once you get a few strong kids together the project will gain momentum.
ICMTM

by Old Darter » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Boogie...talk like that will KILL any chances for a temp team. They are not put together to "make a run" at anything. They are put together to allow a very specific age group the opportunity to "be on the field" while their teammates are playing HS. Start talking about "making a run" and summer coaches will not allow them to play (fear of losing the player).
Old Darter

by Boogieman » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:13 pm

Let me clarify. I believe that a very competitive team can be put together with those players choosing not play HS or that are to young to play HS. I would think that any coach would want their player to continue and play at a high level. I am also pretty sure the player would want to be on a competitive team. If my coach told me that I could not play for a certain team, that would make me think that he does not want what's best for my DD. If you are a good and confident coach you have nothing to worry about. Your player will come back to you.
Boogieman

by catchers_rock » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:02 am

I have a 99 and I know she and her fellow 99's on her team would love to play in the spring. It sucks that they have to make a choice to find a team to play on or sit at home until the older girls can play. If I had the time and the ability to coach a team I would, But I have neither! Lol
catchers_rock

by Wilson Bats » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:10 pm

Heard by way of the softball rumor mill that the Sorcerers & Breeze were trying to put a spring team together. Didn't hear who the coaches would be.
Wilson Bats

by Boogieman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:01 pm

I have also heard that the coaches will be two parents of sorcerers players. They used to be the staff of the original Sorcerer 98 team. Looks like Sorcerers have 8 players and Breeze has 2 players. Maybe 1 or 2 more kids and then they would be set.
Boogieman

Next

Return to NorCal