Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

I know grapes come in bunches, but SEVEN teams?

by Coach Kat » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:37 pm

12U Ervin - A mix of 2000/2001. Rob is one of the best coaches in the area with the younger age groups, expect lots of defense fundamentals, aggressive baserunning, small ball execution, ect... He is intense, definately has his own style. Constantly coaching/instructing during tournaments which some may perceive the wrong way (takes one to know one) and will have a very agressive tournament and travel schedule. Bottom line, his teams always compete and your daughter will get better playing for him.

12U Kahwaty - A 2000 team. Have not coached against current staff so cannot comment, Strong nucleus of girls who have been together for 3 plus years, currently in semi-finals at Brenda Marsh tournament in SoCal winning two 1-0 games in bracket play. This will be one of the best 12U teams in NorCal in the spring.

12U Mendez - A mix of 2000/2001. Mark helped me coach the 2011 season, helped our 10u the 2012 season, and started the 12U team this fall. He played professionally for the Yankees, does not have a daughter/relative on the team and will teach the girls the game. He will bat his line up on Saturdays and develop kids in multiple positions. Solid coach and team.
Coach Kat

by Stealing Home » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:44 pm

From my view - Irvin is who I would want my daughter playing for - if only for the opportunity to steal home :) Great accountability and aggressiveness from his girls.
Stealing Home

by ICMTM » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:30 pm

triplecrown wrote:[b]Thats my whole point, and i think you missed it, its quality not quantity that matters

No...I politely said you were wrong, but if you thing you're right I'm okay with it. There is quantity and quality...it's just not playing softball. They don't live close to each other, and they start too old. Next time you disagree make a point! We lose a lot of kids to soccer because it's in the same HS season whereas it's not in SoCal. They don't have to choose so early.
ICMTM

by Multiple Scoregasms » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Let's revisit this experiment:
Fall 2012
12U Mendez - Gone, A mediocre USA Elite
12U Ervin - Gone, Solid team with OBS
12U Kahwaty - Gone, Most of the girls went Firecrackers
12U Hawkins - Gone, ????
14U Acuna - Gone, ????
14U Bilbao - Gone, ????
14U Kappmeyer - Still there and still a solid team.
14U Krueg - Merged with Olson to form a new 18's team.
16U Olson - Merged with Krueg to form a new 18's team
16U Hutchins - Gone, ????

Fall 2013
12U Misasi - playing all NSA so far. Mostly 02's
12U Guevara - came over from RR Gold. Plays mixture of NSA and ASA. 02's & 01's
14U Brooks - Formerly USA Elite Pfenning. Was a solid team, some disgruntled parents and coaches moved to the Grapes. All ASA, mostly one and done on Sunday.
14U Kappmeyer - See Above
16U Pearson - ????
16U St. Dennis - was coach of Bilbao before. I'm assuming he took over for Bilbao.
18U Olson/Krueg - Great move and great fit. Both coaches are well respected and deservingly so. But who are the going to bump. Clark of Homes?
18U Clark - Solid as always
18U Gold Gomes - The Madman is always a winner and is the backbone of the organization. People want to play for the Grapes because they put girls in college and this is the team that does it.

I'd really like to see this org have age pure teams 10-14's and limit it to two teams per age group. If the plan was to build a recruitable base of 14U it was an epic fail. They have a lot of mediocre teams on the lower ages, besides Kappmeyer. It's a lot of shuffling for such a well known or. But at least there in better shape than their counterpart Regpala.

How's the indoor Facility coming along?
Multiple Scoregasms

Previous

Return to NorCal