Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Brenda Marsh Thanksgiving Tournament NorCal Teams???

by 2face » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:57 am

Does anyone know how the NorCal Teams are doing down south this weekend? It's been pretty QUIET!!!!!!!
2face

by 2face » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:12 pm

By the looks of the brackets, the NorCal teams didn't have a good showing. Looks like AA-Harrison is still in it, keep up the good work. All of the "top" 99 teams were one and done in bracket play.
2face

by Coach Kat » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:12 pm

Good job Norcal:

14U - AASA - Harrison in Championship Game vs Team Mizuno Young

12u - Grapettes Kahwaty in Championship game vs. Firecrackers Araujo. Grapes have allowed 2 run's through 6 games of pool and bracket play.
Coach Kat

by 2face » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:15 pm

That is great for NorCal. Great way to end the Fall season for those teams. After looking at the teams in the 14u, it looks like most of the top teams were not in attendance. Looks like over half of the teams were 99 or first year 14s. Good luck to everyone this upcoming Spring/Summer season.
2face

by style » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:30 pm

Regardless of what was in the tournament it's still a great tournament to win!!!! Great job Brandi and drew on building those kids confidence and teaching those girls how to play the game! In my opinion are the 2 top coaches in the 14u division, you dont get that daddy ball of favorites with them!!! At the end of summer those 2 coaches will have the best 14u team in nor cal. With what I keep hearing of what's going out to their try outs, it will put that team over the top
style

by nomoresoftball » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:46 pm

Hey 2 face what a joke you must be..let me tell you something I have seen some of the best teams in this country play in this 98-99 division and there were plenty of good teams there u ain't got to hate the semi final game against so cal athletics was one great game I have not seen a better hitting team ever and we have played on one of the top teams in this country the last couple of years...these two incredible coaches have done a great job with this all American team and I will tell you they are two of the best coaches my kid has had the privilege of playing for..just love that you made sure to get on here and let every one know that the top teams were not there ...that so cal athletics was one hella of a team ..so enjoy your hater filled day and be who you are two faced love your name...
nomoresoftball

by Luther » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:13 am

I have no horse in this race. So I consider this an ubiased observation...

My DD plays 16u and we did not play in this tourney.

I was able to watch games on Sunday though as I hung out with a friend at the field.

In general, I was very impressed with AASA. I was able to watch 2 of their games and thought they were a great team that was well coached.

While some "top" teams did not go to this tourney; it should not reduce the accomplishment of these girls. They beat some great teams and deserve major kudos for coming down to SoCal and leaving with a big W.
Luther

by ICMTM » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:46 am

I wish the "race to the top of the mountain" would stop. Heck I'd celebrate ANY win. If we win free gum you might get a 10 second cupid shuffle out of me. There really are only a few teams that can be elite, and some things have to go right for those teams to get there.

SoCal has a proximity and climate advantage over NorCal. They can get 10-12 kids of equal ability to come together easier than a NorCal team based on population density.
ICMTM

by notme » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:25 am

ICMTM wrote:I wish the "race to the top of the mountain" would stop. Heck I'd celebrate ANY win. If we win free gum you might get a 10 second cupid shuffle out of me. There really are only a few teams that can be elite, and some things have to go right for those teams to get there.

SoCal has a proximity and climate advantage over NorCal. They can get 10-12 kids of equal ability to come together easier than a NorCal team based on population density.

Exactly, good job AASA.
notme

by Iluvblue » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:40 pm

I wish the "race to the top of the mountain" would stop.

You say that as 80% of the 14u teams play up in 16u and 16u plays up in 18u.

You say that as parents take their very good 12u pitcher and bounce them up in to 14u.

You say that as 14u teams that dont dominate in our area start trekking down to socal 5-6 times a year. (got to play the best to get better... blah blah bullshit)

The race is fueled by coaches, parents, and teams.The race will never stop and it is only getting worse.

You can stop it for YOU, by simply not being a follower of what everyone else is doing. Problem is that there are very few true leaders and masses of followers.
Iluvblue

Next

Return to NorCal