Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Fresno Force vs TCS Aprils Finest

by 2face » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:34 am

I just wanted to see where teams are thinking of playing. Fresno and the new April's Finest will be the same weekend Apr 27-28. Obviously Fresno is closer for the NorCal teams, but from what I am being told most of the SoCal teams are looking at the Aprils Finest in Hemet Ca. I know most of the NorCal teams want to play the SoCal teams. Plus Aprils finest has locked in OnDeck recruiting. Derekmand Joann are great people and have done alot for the recruiting process. This tournament sounds hard to pass up, SoCal teams and OnDeck for the same price as Fresno Force. Seems to be a no brainier if you are looking at what's best for your teams.
2face

by Iluvblue » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:05 pm

For us it is pretty simple... Im not in a rush to the finish line for recruiting(of 12 and 14u players). We will save our parents money, go to Fresno, and have a good tourney like every year. The race to start heading south by 12 and 14u teams is a race I dont care to participate in.... but damn, my kids are going to get left behind, they wont get the joy of playing those great socal powerhouses either.

What will we do... what will we do:)
Iluvblue

by ICMTM » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:43 pm

If you keep taking your kids South you will ensure that the better tournaments stay down South. Furthermore it seems the TD's up here just want to make money by providing games. That's it. I guess the folks down south have figured out how to run a different business and it's attracting people from everywhere.
ICMTM

by OCwildcatMom » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:54 pm

I think that with TCS buying So Cal's Finest The Fresno Force Classic may go back to being one of the premier Tournaments in CA.

Maybe Fresno Force should see if they can make it a PGF Qualifier?

For years the winner of the Classic went on to win, place or show at ASA Nationals.

JMO
OCwildcatMom

by OCwildcatMom » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:16 pm

No not at all just think that Force Classic may get some of its glory back. I am sure you can remember when that was the big event everyone wanted to attend every year.

Trust me I think Diamond Valley is a way better facility then what they have up in Fresno but there was something about playing in a tournament that bolstered 60+ teams in both 12 & 14u Div. & the 10u would have 30+ Teams. Kinda had a regional feel to it with all the Nor Cal & So Cal teams plus NV. AZ & even OR making trips...
OCwildcatMom

by NumeroUno » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:17 pm

OCwildcatMom wrote:I think that with TCS buying So Cal's Finest The Fresno Force Classic may go back to being one of the premier Tournaments in CA.

For years the winner of the Classic went on to win, place or show at ASA Nationals.

JMO

You might want to explain yourself, you make no sense. Triple Crown has been putting on quality tourneys for many years. It seems like they are putting on quality tourneys for the older teams now.

I don't think Worth Firecrackers and Corona Angels Tyson play in crappy tourneys and they seem to support Triple Crown. I only mentioned them because they are two of the best teams in the country. Their are many more quality teams that support TC.

Unfortunately both tourneys are on the same date but with the economy many of the so cal teams did not want to spend the money and travel north. That was the only weekend in April the fields were available and the fields were reserved a year ago.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by thetruth » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:23 pm

FF put on a great show every year but times have changed. Why spend the money to go north when you can play all the best teams in Hemet. Not that Hemet is a Huntington Beach but I think every crook in Fresno circles the calendar for the FF weekend. Fresno is an arm pit and cars get broken into every year.
thetruth

by OCwildcatMom » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:29 pm

NumeroUno wrote:
OCwildcatMom wrote:I think that with TCS buying So Cal's Finest The Fresno Force Classic may go back to being one of the premier Tournaments in CA.

JMO

You might want to explain yourself, you make no sense. Triple Crown has been putting on quality tourneys for many years. It seems like they are putting on quality tourneys for the older teams now.

I don't think Worth Firecrackers and Corona Angels Tyson play in crappy tourneys and they seem to support Triple Crown. I only mentioned them because they are two of the best teams in the country. Their are many more quality teams that support TC.

Unfortunately both tourneys are on the same date but with the economy many of the so cal teams did not want to spend the money and travel north. That was the only weekend in April the fields were available and the fields were reserved a year ago.

Listen Big Boy #1 no one said TCS puts on a crappy show. They do a great job & will continue to, I am sure. I do agree that FC & CA are 2 of the best Travel Orgs. out there. All I was saying is a few short years ago it was a huge event to attend in Fresno. I do agree the economy sucks but staying in a indonesian run stinky hotel is the same in Fresno as it is in Hemet. Both places are the prospective Butt Holes of Nor Cal & So Cal, the point was that most of the younger girls have not had the opportunity or experience of traveling more then 1 1/2 hours to play. You are tired of it because you did it multiple years. But maybe that helped develop your kids more then you realize. I remember reading your post back when you 1st started this thing and how you could hardly contain yourself about going to Fresno(pre SCF) & it was not just you it was everyone. Now I do not hear anyone doing the same for either event. I just wish they were different dates. Thats all.
Again JMO
Last edited by OCwildcatMom on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCwildcatMom

by PAYME » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:35 pm

thetruth wrote:FF put on a great show every year but times have changed. Why spend the money to go north when you can play all the best teams in Hemet. Not that Hemet is a Huntington Beach but I think every crook in Fresno circles the calendar for the FF weekend. Fresno is an arm pit and cars get broken into every year.

Fresno I actually pretty nice. they play in the best parts of fresno and clovis.
PAYME

by OCwildcatMom » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:43 pm

thetruth wrote:FF put on a great show every year but times have changed. Why spend the money to go north when you can play all the best teams in Hemet. Not that Hemet is a Huntington Beach but I think every crook in Fresno circles the calendar for the FF weekend. Fresno is an arm pit and cars get broken into every year.

I wish it were all the best teams in Hemet but it is who gets their cash in 1st. & they are usually limited to the # of teams they can take in Hemet.
OCwildcatMom

Next

Return to NorCal