Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Fresno Force vs TCS Aprils Finest

by ICMTM » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:51 pm

Blue made a good point. Heybucket is a pastime of those trying to kill off a workday. Other than that though teams don't travel from SoCal to NorCal looking for games. The reason being is NorCal is willing to travel! There is no other reason.

It's numbers people. There are more people in Orange and LA County than from the Grapevine to Oregon. NorCal will have a national contender in every age group, but SoCal will have two. SoCal does a better job of making the establishment. I would say the Sorcerer are the only thing close in NorCal (ie coaches stay in the same age and kids are fed through). Softball has branding, too! Everybody wants to be a Firecracker for a reason, no?

I'll even go as far as to say the best athletes don't play softball. You lose too many kids to soccer.
ICMTM

by rbi » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:58 pm

ICMTM wrote:Blue made a good point. Heybucket is a pastime of those trying to kill off a workday. Other than that though teams don't travel from SoCal to NorCal looking for games. The reason being is NorCal is willing to travel! There is no other reason.

It's numbers people. There are more people in Orange and LA County than from the Grapevine to Oregon. NorCal will have a national contender in every age group, but SoCal will have two. SoCal does a better job of making the establishment. I would say the Sorcerer are the only thing close in NorCal (ie coaches stay in the same age and kids are fed through). Softball has branding, too! Everybody wants to be a Firecracker for a reason, no?

I'll even go as far as to say the best athletes don't play softball. You lose too many kids to soccer.

To an extent might be true, but I would rather watch paint dry.
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ICMTM » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:14 pm

@RBI That's what most say about baseball/softball. Obviously I have a daughter in the game of fastpitch but I tried my hardest to get her to play soccer. Of the kids who play and excel at both it's my experience they choose soccer. She is the exception I guess.

Anyway softball for TD's are about marketing. As parents we want our kids on the big stage and we'll pay for it. I am using we loosely. TCS April's Finest just did a better job of getting top teams in their event. They actively recruited teams. I don't know what Fresno Force did, but it seems like the last two years the top NorCal teams have opted for the Firecracker MDC or now this event.

The SoCal TD's recognize the talent and ask those select NorCal teams do you want to participate. I think that tells you ALL you need to know.
ICMTM

by blue1956 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:27 pm

rbi wrote:Not much into Maxpreps National rankings as its real tough to gauge region by region of the country, as to level of play. I would argue to say that you could throw in 5 or 6 SoCal HS in the the top twenty, and you would not be doing a disservice to the rankings, that is how much talent is down there, as there should be with 10 Million people. Now Amador Valley has the perfect storm, great #1 pitcher, bats throughout lineup and solid defense, and upper class leadership, other than that its all crap shoot.

Blue, what do the other 14's parents chant when you roll up, HERE COMES THE IDIOT!

Matter of fact they do!! Or they oh sh** !!! Lol
blue1956

by GameTime23 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:57 pm

Spazz…I think you are on to something here. I’ve watched enough 1-0 or last inning comebacks from this team already this year.

I think they will see teams in So Cal with good pitching and Bigger Bats!!!
GameTime23

by GameTime23 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:05 am

Spazzz…all good and I didn’t take it negative at all. Do you have website info and maybe you can post on how there games go?

I know HS is a joke and just for fun…max prep sucks….

But I think there are some pretty good HS teams in Cali and this should be a great test for Amador…

They have 2/3 good slappers, 4/3 Bangers and STUD pitcher… Throwing 65+ with tons of movement and spin….She's special!!!

Please keep us posted if you can….
GameTime23

by rbi » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:07 am

No doubt it will be a huge challenge for any team to win this (Michelle Carew Classic). Its potentially 5 games in 3 days to win it all, and its NOT like TB where team are 3 deep in pitchng, PLUS there are no "easy" games, so this forces you to throw your #1 pretty much every game, as your not going down there to get 2nd place.

With that said, no NorCal team has ever won the event as far as I know, so it will be interesting.

ICTM, baseball maybe a bit slow and I have a kid playing in college and still say that, but softball, hell no, soccer i think your mistaken, its the sport that ALL non soccer people say is grueling to watch. ICTM you might want to ask a few EX crackers if its all peachs and cream playing for Yoda. ICTM, SoCal will have more than two contenders in each age group at PGF, that I assure you, NorCal in 12's and 16's tough challenge, and 14's you will have prob three, and Gold depends upon who shows up the week at PGF, meaning how teams play as NorCal has talent on paper.

Spaz, looks like YB has not yielded a run yet this year in the 10 games if Maxpreps is accurate, should be interesting, and hell no im not making another trip to LA to watch, im good with looking at results.
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GameTime23 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:05 am

Thanks SPAZZ & RBI......Looking forward to updates!!!
GameTime23

by ICMTM » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:03 pm

rbi wrote:No doubt it will be a huge challenge for any team to win this (Michelle Carew Classic). Its potentially 5 games in 3 days to win it all, and its NOT like TB where team are 3 deep in pitchng, PLUS there are no "easy" games, so this forces you to throw your #1 pretty much every game, as your not going down there to get 2nd place.

With that said, no NorCal team has ever won the event as far as I know, so it will be interesting.

ICTM, baseball maybe a bit slow and I have a kid playing in college and still say that, but softball, hell no, soccer i think your mistaken, its the sport that ALL non soccer people say is grueling to watch. ICTM you might want to ask a few EX crackers if its all peachs and cream playing for Yoda. ICTM, SoCal will have more than two contenders in each age group at PGF, that I assure you, NorCal in 12's and 16's tough challenge, and 14's you will have prob three, and Gold depends upon who shows up the week at PGF, meaning how teams play as NorCal has talent on paper.

Unless it's a world cup year :roll: We'll just agree to disagree and keep it moving. There is data to suggest you're opinion is just that with regards to soccer.

As far as NorCal vs SoCal there just aren't 10 teams out there that are all going have a legit chance at winning nationals. In 16's last year there was one. 14's was wide open, but even then there were about 5 teams that had a legit shot at winning (2 from SoCal). There are a lot of teams called Crackers but in the end there is usually one elite team and three good ones with the name.
ICMTM

by blue1956 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:39 pm

Spazsdad wrote:There is a thread going in the CA forum but thought I would just post that #1 Amador lost to the 7th ranked team in Orange County.

ouch!!! that hurts! lol....Just Trolling along..
blue1956

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal