Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

RANKING THE SACRAMENTO AREA TEAMS 12U SPRING 13

by halfhaole » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:40 am

1. LADY MAGIC HAS THE TRADITION AND DRAW OF SOME GOOD TALENT.

2.CA BREEZE HAS BEEN SOLID ALL YEAR IN TOURNAMENTS.

3. LADY SPARTONS ARE WELL COACHED AND HAVE SOME RETURNING TALENT

4. FOOTHILL GOLD 00 HAS SOME NEW TALENT FROM LAST YEARS FREEDOM TEAM ...THE GIRL THEY CALL "RED". THIS GIRL IS THE REAL DEAL, FASTBALL IS SMOKIN GOOD. SHE NEEDS A FEW MORE PIUTCHES TO MAKE HER GREAT.

5 MIZUNO SHOULD HAVE TALENT STILL AVAILABLE TO COMPETE.

6.FOOTHILL GOLD 01 PICKED UP THE HEAT CATCHER & SPARTONS PITCHER. SHOULD MAKE THEM BETTER. TEAM HAS SPEAD AND FEW GOOD POWER HITTERS

4 MIZUNO SHOULD HAVE TALENT STILL AVAILABLE TO COMPETE.

5 LTG LIONS WERE A SCRAPPY TEAM ALL YEAR, SEEMS THEY HAVE ADDED SOME PIECES TO GET BETTER. NPITCHING NEEDS IMPROVEMENT.

6 FOLSOM FREEDOM HAVING A HARD TIME RETAINING TALENT. THIS TEAM A MIXED BAG OF 00 & 01. NEEDS PITCHING

7. ROSEVILLE HEAT HAVING STRUGGLES KEEPING PLAYERS. 10U SPRING TEAM IN 12 SURPRISED A LOT OF FOLK WITH THEIR PLAY. LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE ON THE RIGHT PATH. THEY LOST CORE HITTING , PITCHING & CATCHING.

8ROCKLIN THUNDERCATS WHAT ARE YOU? B OR A TOURNAMENT TEAM? QUIT TRYING TO BE BOTH. JUST GO TO THE A TOURNEYS AND SEE HOW GOOD YOU REALLY ARE...
halfhaole

by Outta Here! » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:57 am

Where are the Hype, CA Rapids, Team California, Hank's Bombers, and MVP Lady Renegades? I get out often to watch these Sacramento area teams play and also have a good pulse on the player movement going into the Spring. Here is my ranking for top Sacramento area older 12U teams (00):

1. Hype
2. Lady Magic
3. CA Rapids
4. Foothill Gold 00
5. Team California
6. Hank's Bombers
7. MVP Lady Renegades
8. Mizuno 00
9. CA Breeze 00

There are few 01 teams that MAY be better than some of these 00 teams listed above, but since there was so much 01 top player movement, it's hard to rank them going into the Spring (LTG Lions, Lady Spartans, Foothill Gold, Roseville Heat, etc.)

Excited to get the season started and watch some of these players/teams grow. Good luck Sacramento area teams! Happy New Year! Let's keep it positive in 2013 heybucket users.
Outta Here!

by Stealing Home » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:51 pm

Really - lots of mis-info here and guesses.

Breeze - a slight brezze - lost a lot, Mizuno = No, Heat - has been put out and gone, Freedom - Freedom to go back to rec., Thundercats - no more Thunder - all kids back in rec., so yes a B team.

Hype - maybe time to believe - #1 team to start the year!

halfhaole wrote:1. LADY MAGIC HAS THE TRADITION AND DRAW OF SOME GOOD TALENT.

4. FOOTHILL GOLD 00 HAS SOME NEW TALENT FROM LAST YEARS FREEDOM TEAM ...THE GIRL THEY CALL "RED". THIS GIRL IS THE REAL DEAL, FASTBALL IS SMOKIN GOOD. SHE NEEDS A FEW MORE PIUTCHES TO MAKE HER GREAT.

6.FOOTHILL GOLD 01 PICKED UP THE HEAT CATCHER & SPARTONS PITCHER. SHOULD MAKE THEM BETTER. TEAM HAS SPEAD AND FEW GOOD POWER HITTERS

5 LTG LIONS WERE A SCRAPPY TEAM ALL YEAR, SEEMS THEY HAVE ADDED SOME PIECES TO GET BETTER. NPITCHING NEEDS IMPROVEMENT.

6 FOLSOM FREEDOM HAVING A HARD TIME RETAINING TALENT. THIS TEAM A MIXED BAG OF 00 & 01. NEEDS PITCHING

7. ROSEVILLE HEAT HAVING STRUGGLES KEEPING PLAYERS. 10U SPRING TEAM IN 12 SURPRISED A LOT OF FOLK WITH THEIR PLAY. LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE ON THE RIGHT PATH. THEY LOST CORE HITTING , PITCHING & CATCHING.

8ROCKLIN THUNDERCATS WHAT ARE YOU? B OR A TOURNAMENT TEAM? QUIT TRYING TO BE BOTH. JUST GO TO THE A TOURNEYS AND SEE HOW GOOD YOU REALLY ARE...
Stealing Home

by Sftball Junkie » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:52 am

I will wait for Louie or someone who knows what they are talking about to Rank Teams. Why are we ranking Sacramento teams only what happened to Nor Cal Rankings???

Magic is a mix of Heat n Breeze. When they actually do something on the field lets rank them. No doubt they will be a good team but give the ones who have played together a little credit. Keep in mind Hype spanked Breeze and Heat multiple times last fall. Breeze lost almost everything that was talent. Spartons?? Must be Spartans you speak of, lost 2 of their 3 pitchers. Foothill gold 00 at best 9 or 10. Mizuno, are you kidding me?? LTG should be pretty good for an 01 but no way #5. Folsom Who?? Heat I am assuming you are talking about the 01 team they were not that good in Fall and lost a ton of key players. Rocklin T Cats, you obviously do not understand how B ball works!!! You obviously do not know much about Travel Ball let alone Travel Ball in Nor Cal. Have you ever been to an ASA tournament in the Sac area and actually watched teams play. Did you even read what you posted how many #4 #5 and #6 spots do you have. Try spell check here and there... What a Joke this post is.

Sftball Junkie

by onlooker » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:39 am

agreed junkie, it's only January 7 and this gets the IGNORANT post of the year. Nowhere even close to painting a true landscape.
Last edited by onlooker on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
onlooker

by noncrazynorcal » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:28 am

This sounds like the ranting of a very disgruntled Rocklin dad, like either his DD didn't make the Thundercats or wasn't a starter, so he moved her to a travel team for more playing time.

I'm ok with having a Sacramento ranking on the Bucket, but this guy's post lacks any rational thought whatsoever. He wanted to take a shot at the Thundercats. Who honestly thinks multiple 01 teams are going to come in and be competitive right off the bat in 12u?? Folsom Freedom as a top-10 team? My head hurts.
noncrazynorcal

by Dramafreedad » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:35 am

Just wanted to say that I agree with the fact that it is way to early to drop rankings on sac teams and that soon enough we will see who comes out on top but wanted to clear up one fact, that I believe softball junkie posted that Hype spanked the breeze and heat numerous times in the fall and the truth is that Heat only faced Hype once in the fall and heat beat them and if memory serves me that heat also beat them in metro's at the end of spring which by the way was one great game that could of went either way!! Hype is a great team and I'm not trying to take away anything from them just wanted to spread the truth about the wins and loses!!
Dramafreedad

by Outta Here! » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:09 pm

Dramafreedad wrote:Just wanted to say that I agree with the fact that it is way to early to drop rankings on sac teams and that soon enough we will see who comes out on top but wanted to clear up one fact, that I believe softball junkie posted that Hype spanked the breeze and heat numerous times in the fall and the truth is that Heat only faced Hype once in the fall and heat beat them and if memory serves me that heat also beat them in metro's at the end of spring which by the way was one great game that could of went either way!! Hype is a great team and I'm not trying to take away anything from them just wanted to spread the truth about the wins and loses!!

That's correct. Raul, Derek, and Curtis have done a nice job with the Hype and they are a very good team. The Lady Magic look good on paper so we will have to wait and see how they play together. Both teams will be fun to watch and hopefully they will play each other early in the season (outside of the Salinas friendly). Don't fall asleep on the CA Rapids though because they played well in the fall and added three players from the Heat.
Outta Here!

by Bob Uecker » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:49 pm

Wow, just re-read this post....the only team that belongs in the top 10 ranking is Lady Magic.

halfhaole, any new or updated rankings before the season gets started?
Bob Uecker

by jbl1465 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Just curious if after the first tournament there might be a "slight" change in the rankings?
jbl1465

Return to NorCal