Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Grapettes Tournament Information

by PDad » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:38 am

Tenshun wrote:I just noticed ASA doesn't allow cash prize give aways in ASA sanctioned events. That's too bad as I thought it was a great idea.

The rule, as written, concerns player eligibility for championship play and goes beyond ASA sanctioned events...

Article 310 GENERAL REGULATIONS OF CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY
G.03 No Junior Olympic player may participate in any tournament in which cash prizes are awarded.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Intel » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:12 pm

I know the Grapettes are using the term "travel fund" but this is a Gray area other tournaments have tried and could (remember I said could not would) jeopardize a player NCAA amateurism status. You just never know how a parent or player will answer the questions in their NCAA application.
Intel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by rbi » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:24 pm

Intel wrote:I know the Grapettes are using the term "travel fund" but this is a Gray area other tournaments have tried and could (remember I said could not would) jeopardize a player NCAA amateurism status. You just never know how a parent or player will answer the questions in their NCAA application.

You make a VERY good point. Now, with that being said, who out there can tell me their TB org. does a good job of educating their family's on the NCAA Eligibility Center and how to navigate through this process. All I ever hear is "did you register"?. Do programs actually sit down with the family's and discuss how this works? I would be curious to know the answer on this, who does a good job and who does not, and if someone does a "good Job", what do they do???

I know before all you experts get on here and say its a cake walk, slow down as its not a cake walk for everyone.
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Intel » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:17 pm

Fresno Force conducts a two hour seminar each year for all of our teams on the college recruiting system we use to include reviewing both the NCAA clearing house and the play NAIA site. As a Wilson Sponsored organization we review key questions about the sponsorship, but we still have had one parent who answered incorrectly and we received a call from the NCAA and had to provide data to them.
Intel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Iluvblue » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:02 pm

what happens when superstar suzie Q pitcher has zero fees, her airline tickets are paid for , and mom and dad hs hotels paid for by an organization as well. NCAA Violation??? Must not be... or maybe it is and no organization pays for that type of pitcher. :roll:
Iluvblue

by Intel » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Iluvblue, you know it is a violation if the same is not applied to every player on the team. That is why some travel ball team in Socal and on the east coast have been investigated and former players were not cleared to play in the NCAA.
Intel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Iluvblue » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:34 pm

intel.. that is why I had rolling eyes.
Iluvblue

by Kool-Aid » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:32 am

I notice Grapettes have the "big boys" coming for a tournament this Summer. A word for the wise, if you plan on having THEM play at Lodi Sports Complex, thats like finally getting that super hot chick to go on a date with you, AND you show up in a AMC Gremlin, your like so done. You better find a Bentley!
Its tough enough to find quality opponents for them, to make the trip worth while BUT, then you add in conditions, oh boy! :shock:
Kool-Aid

Previous

Return to NorCal