Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

12u Season Rankings UPDATED 6/12

by linedrivelouie » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:41 pm

Let me start by saying thank you to Game Time 23, and everyone else for the PM's who talked me off the ledge... Cricket was right, a lot of the trash was over the Magic situation and not about players. Many of you shared thoughts that you enjoyed the rankings and wanted to keep them going.

Uncle posted earlier he would like to see Hype and Grapes K get a spot at PGF. I agree these teams will compete great down there. Maybe keeping rankings going on HB will help their case with the boys at PGF!!! ;)

I view these as early season ranking's since the ASA Kick Off is actually the first weekend of April. I get that many of us started with friendlies in January but the season doesnt really start until the ASA Kick Off.

Please remember this is only one person's thoughts and that I tend to look at overall play then the last weekends event so one strong day or bad day will not throw you to the top or kill you.
Last edited by linedrivelouie on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
linedrivelouie

by linedrivelouie » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:42 pm

1. Rocklin Hype: Kept entire roster intact from last season until Vegas where they lost their #2 pitcher. Will continue to play well in local tourneys. Do they have the pitching to play at a top level in the larger tournaments? I have only seen their other pitchers a few times if they fill that spot well the team will move on as strong as ever.

2. Salinas Storm: Very strong #1 pitcher and a supporting cast which makes this team a threat to everyone. Pretty aggressive on the bases and seem to execute with strong fundamentals. played well in Vegas would love to see them in the Sac Stockton area more.

3.Grapettes K: Has had a strong start in local play struggled a bit in Vegas and the Qualifier this last weekend. Thought they were going to come back and get it in the bottom bracket. Hard way to travel when you have to play that many games to win out. The season is young the consistency will come. I know they ended Hype's day on Sunday but I think in overall play Hype is still on top.

I think honestly you could throw a blanket over these top 3 teams…

4. KG Hitters: Strong hitting team… (I guess you better be when Hitters is in your name LOL!!!) One of the top infields in 12u softball #1 pitcher is out with a broken ankle right now but the Bats and the D will keep this team in games while the other pitchers are on the mound. Was surprised they were not at the qualifier this last weekend.

5. Lady Magic: Congrats on qualifying this weekend… On paper one of the strongest lineup’s out there. The team is new to playing together and was one who didn’t get wrapped up in playing every other weekend in January and February. They will take some time to gel but they will. As the season moves on the roles of each player will start to define and they should get better the longer they play together.

6. Clovis Rocket Millar: Strong hitting team with a solid defense. This team has played well against the top teams on the list. Went deep in the So Cal PGF Qualifier. Lost to magic 1 game short of the loser bracket qualifying game this last weekend. This is a strong team that will compete against the top 5 well.

7. NC Valley Stompers: This is a strong team that will compete against the top 5 or 6 well. In the games I have watched this team can hit... Had a hard weekend at the qualifier but this team will compete well in nor cal all season.

8. Foothill Gold: Played well the last 2 weekends. Went to the Championship game at the Bit N Bit Tourney, bumped Grapes K into the loser bracket this weekend. #1 pitcher is an 01 and they have a few young ones on the team but don’t take this team lightly they can play ball.

9. CA Rapids: Team went deep during the qualifier. Another team with a pretty solid lineup. Seems like 11 see’s the mound almost every game. To play well in the larger tourneys and with the strongest teams they will need to get the other pitchers going. It’s too hard to ride one arm for that many games.

10.Grapettes E: Slice has put together a scrappy team like always, split with 00 and 01 players very aggressive on the bases, lots of small ball. (Typical of Robert!!) Team is new together but has as many if not more games played then anyone to this point. This team has proven they can play with the better team in friendlies now they just have to put it together in tournaments.

11. Team CA: This is one of those team who got a late start to the season like Magic. Some new faces 2 or 3 01's on the team. I have seen them play a few times now and they seem to be improving each week. Line up is getting stronger. Stubbed their toe this weekend 2 and out however both games were a lot closer than the score showed. As they play together they will learn how to stop that one bad inning. The lefty was missing this weekend???

12. CV Synergy: Congrats on qualifying for PGF this weekend. I am sure you surprised a few this weekend. I watched them at the ASA opener, they seemed to have a good weekend, The lefty pitchers are a good combo. Had a hard weekend at Bit N Bit but put it together when they needed it this weekend at the PGF Qualifier. Keep playing strong and climb the list.

13. Hanks Bombers This team has been on the incline since the beginning of last fall. They play a lot of local ASA and seem to stay under the radar. They will compete well with all mid pack teams.

14. LTG Lions: This team keeps getting the short end of the stick on Saturday having to play the top teams on Saturday pushing them into the Silver Bracket each week. This is a very strong 01 team who is doing a good job learning to compete in 12s.

15. CA Breeze New coach and a lot of rebuilding to do. Another team who will take some time defining rolls on the team etc… Definitely have some talent their a few core girls and a lot of rebuilding to do. I hope they can put a good team together. Good luck to you guys.

Many other teams in the area but had to cut it somewhere...
linedrivelouie

by Fly Out » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:42 pm

Welcome back LOUIE!!! :D :D :D
Fly Out

by uncle » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:08 pm

Good job Louie ! Very nice break down on teams. Hype and Storm have been the most consistent teams. We can argue the fact that the Grapettes eliminated both of them at one time in bracket play and competed in a 14u tourney. But also loss to some teams that they were suppose to beat. Storm also took a 14u tournament in Salinas and eliminated Nuggets twice (Nuggets 3rd in Vegas 14U) but Salinas is no Stockton or Sac tournament and been eliminated by Grapettes in Championship Play. Hype had a slow start but has a combination of Speed, Power and Pitching. They have been Red Hot! But has been eliminated by Storm and Grapettes in elimination games. So the truth and fact in my opinion is that every Sunday there should always be a new winner depending on brackets.
And as of friendlies that been hosted by either Storm or Monarchs they all beat each other up.
I'm a fan of Magic so I think they will be on the top of the list soon. They play in the top friendlies/ tournaments and stay competitive and has the talent.
uncle

by linedrivelouie » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:20 am

Uncle I get what you are saying. I had so many arguments in my own head on how to list the top 3 teams. :lol: :lol: :lol: I think they are all so evenly matched you could go either way. I can see those 3 moving up and down in that top set based on how they play that weekend. I typically don't drop a team past a few spots based on a bad weekend. Same thing with teams moving up I typically won't leap frog them over multiple teams based on one good weekend.

I really think you can throw a blanket over the top three, it's a good game any time they play.
linedrivelouie

by handsinsidetheball » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:43 pm

Louie I like the rankings.., they are fun.. Good work

I know our girls were really impressed with the San Jose Sting this past weekend..I asked DD what team stood out to her.. She immediately said the Sting... I heard they had a younger team.. Surprised they are not ranked here.
handsinsidetheball
Premium Member
Premium Member

by linedrivelouie » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:22 am

I agree with Sting I normally don't put the younger teams in my rankings until later in the season unless they really impress me early. There are a few 01 teams I like and I am sure will make it in down the road. Sting, Spartans, and Fresno Force are in the top 4 or 5 younger 12u teams.

Sting: This was a strong team in fall with a very strong 01 pitcher. The team showed discipline and strong fundamentals. Coaching staff seemed to be on the right track.

Lady Spartans: Went to Nationals in 10u after the berth was bumped down to them however many wuld argue they were one of the top 2 teams in 10s last season. They lost a few key players after fall. The players they have replaced them with have stepped in nice and this team is moving in the right direction.

Fresno Force 01: This is the old CC Dirt Dogs team who was runner up at the 10u Westerns last season. this team works hard and is a strong 01 team. This is a team like Roseville Heat Cota last year. Doing the right things earlier hanging with the older teams here and there. They will upset many older teams by the end of the season.
linedrivelouie

by OCwildcatMom » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:12 am

So who is the favorite at Fresno Force?

Looks like your #1 was beaten by #3 & #12 finished higher than #7 & #8 at PGF Qualifier?
OCwildcatMom

by Outta Here! » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:00 am

Good list, Louie! Since you like keeping it to older 12U teams, I would replace LTG Lions with USA Elite. I would also put RR Gold on this top 15 instead of CA Breeze.

LTG is a solid 01 team though and I would also put AASA Richardson on your 01 team list.
Outta Here!

by Chango15 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:18 am

You guys continue to prove my case time in and time out. You are so "girly-man" sensitive that you dont think this stuff through.

Linedrivelouie ranks Hype 1st and yet they didnt even get a berth to PGF...come on. And Magic gets a loser's bracket berth but yet they are ranked 5th? Proves my point that the third berth - should not happen. Also proves SoftballJunkie is connected with the Hype AND doesnt know what he is talking about.

Again, nothing personal, just the FACTS.
Chango15

Next

Return to NorCal