Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

12u Season Rankings UPDATED 6/12

by ICMTM » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:59 am

I am a little tired of the SoCal measuring stick. What I see in SoCal isn't better athletes it's better coaching and instruction at younger ages. I see similar athletes who are better groomed.

If you play a double header against a team on your level it takes four hours of your weekend and you get 14 quality innings in. Hire a blue. You only need one. You save dough! If you play in Ybarra's tournaments (no knock on him) its a draw. A few top teams may/may no be there. You're paying $100 a game to sometimes run rule a team. It feels good to win, but if you're run ruling a team you're not getting any work in.

We're so caught up in winning we don't put the energy into preparation.
ICMTM

by realtalk » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:02 pm

Let me rephrase.
To many times coaches won't merge or switch teams because they want to be head coach and there are times as a parent u got to let ur daughter go and compete...
realtalk

by ICMTM » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:32 pm

realtalk wrote:Let me rephrase.
To many times coaches won't merge or switch teams because they want to be head coach and there are times as a parent u got to let ur daughter go and compete...

That makes for other issues and doesn't solve the real problem. SoCal's bigger clubs train to be the best in the nation. We just want to have bragging rights over our own territory.
ICMTM

by Bob Uecker » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:48 pm

ICMTM wrote:
realtalk wrote:Let me rephrase.

That makes for other issues and doesn't solve the real problem. SoCal's bigger clubs train to be the best in the nation. We just want to have bragging rights over our own territory.

This is a very true statement and I agree with you ICMTM, the coaching at the younger age is much better than it is here at up in Norcal. We have coaches that bank on the talent that comes out, encourage them to continue with their personal lessons and bring it back to the team to be ready to play. Socal coaching, they teach and they teach each and every one on the roster to play and be ready to go on any given Sunday.
Bob Uecker

by realtalk » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:05 pm

I agree.... In NorCal all the Gold Teams have the good coaches . SoCal the gold coaches also coach younger teams.
Why is San Jose population is 2nd highest after LA but can't produce teams?
I'll tell you why? More teams these NorCal teams have more $$$ in their pockets. San Jose (A-Ball Teams)
Sting, Strikkers, Sharks, Kryptonite, Stars, Legends, Tabu, Riptide, Diamonds, Aces, Lightning oh ya the new one this fall SJ Synergy... I think I'm getting sick :oops:
I probably forgot a few... Sorry if I left ur team out.
That's all in a 15mile radius! Some programs have 2-3 teams. Lol
realtalk

by Tyler Durden » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:30 pm

realtalk wrote:I agree.... In NorCal all the Gold Teams have the good coaches . SoCal the gold coaches also coach younger teams.
Why is San Jose population is 2nd highest after LA but can't produce teams?
I'll tell you why? More teams these NorCal teams have more $$$ in their pockets. San Jose (A-Ball Teams)
Sting, Strikkers, Sharks, Kryptonite, Stars, Legends, Tabu, Riptide, Diamonds, Aces, Lightning oh ya the new one this fall SJ Synergy... I think I'm getting sick :oops:
I probably forgot a few... Sorry if I left ur team out.
That's all in a 15mile radius! Some programs have 2-3 teams. Lol

Tabu?
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ICMTM » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Tabu = Try And Beat Us. In Baseball they had been beasts (my son's age anyway) but I think the softball part is new? Not sure. Anyhow of all those organizations mentioned where is the good coaching at 12U? In our experience we didn't meet with good coaching until 2nd year 14U.

As far as the number of kids/teams that issue corrects itself and quickly.
ICMTM

by Saywhat44 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:09 pm

Louie, are you moving up? And I heard through the grapevine that Grapettes K is now the firecrackers. Edited to say that whether or not this be true, they're the best first year 14 moving up I'd say.
Saywhat44

by linedrivelouie » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:11 am

I stared a new thread to answer you questions and transition this talk into 14u :lol: :lol: :lol:
linedrivelouie

Previous

Return to NorCal