Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

New Firecracker Teams

by catchersdaddy » Thu May 16, 2013 6:34 pm

Just saw an update on the firecrackers team. Looks like they are adding a 3 new teams in the fall. A 00 in Sac area, 00 team in Stockton area and a 99 in stockton area.
Last edited by catchersdaddy on Sun May 19, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catchersdaddy

by Sftball Junkie » Thu May 16, 2013 9:27 pm

catchersdaddy wrote:I was just checking tryouts to see if anyone is having any now that spring is done and I see firecrackers are putting together a second team next fall. It looks like a great opportunity for girls in our are. I hope they need a catcher!!!

Not trying to be Negative Nelly... BUT... Why does this look like great opportunity???
No coaches listed.
No location on where the team will be based.
No idea how high the cost will be.
No idea if this is going to be a first year or a 2nd year team.

Only thing at this point it seems to have going for it is a cool name. I might wait for a lil more info before I start filling out tryout forms.
Sftball Junkie

by norcalfirecracker » Thu May 16, 2013 10:17 pm

UPDATE:
The NorCal Firecrackers will have two 00s teams and a 99 team. Coaches are in place, but names will not be released until the end of Summer.

1. 00s- Sacramento Area
2. 00s- Stockton/Manteca Area
3. 99s- Stockton/Manteca Area
Last edited by norcalfirecracker on Sun May 19, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
norcalfirecracker

by JimineyCricket » Thu May 16, 2013 10:38 pm

Personally, I think this is great news. We've had nothing but great experiences with every encounter we've had with people associated with the Firecrackers' various teams we've come in contact with in our travels. Can't wait for them to establish an '00 team in the area!
JimineyCricket

by Outta Here! » Fri May 17, 2013 7:01 am

JimineyCricket wrote:Personally, I think this is great news. We've had nothing but great experiences with every encounter we've had with people associated with the Firecrackers' various teams we've come in contact with in our travels. Can't wait for them to establish an '00 team in the area!

Stay tuned..........
Outta Here!

by GameTime23 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:46 am

If the team has a very good coach….. it's great!!!!

If not, it's just another 99's team to dilute the 99's talent pool....
GameTime23

by catchersdaddy » Fri May 17, 2013 10:08 am

I agree with GT that having a good coach is important. But I think we all know as far as 99s go we don't have a real GOOD coach in norcal. When I say good I mean who teaches fundamentals, has good talent, has proven themselves. JMO

I do finally think that this could be the time we are able to gather the best of one age group and represent. People on here always talk about the talent pool being spread all over, why not bring it all together?
catchersdaddy

by ICMTM » Fri May 17, 2013 10:37 am

The talent pool is not diluted. The coaching pool is diluted. The organizational pool is diluted. The talent pool is there. The direction is not.
ICMTM

by Kool-Aid » Fri May 17, 2013 3:53 pm

Its all a matter of perception when it comes to "talent pool".

In this area of NorCal, "high end" talent in softball is not spewing over the kettle, especially pitching, trust me.

Is there talent, sure, is it what the Firecracker brand is all about, that might be a better question, than if there is "talent" in this area.

Now can or will a 2nd Firecracker team draw from all over NorCal like the Sorcerers do now, that is another question. I think it all depends on who is at the helm ;) .

Also, people have to remember the current 14u cracker team is going to age out, and you have to replace THAT team as well, so now what, we need to restock two teams and play at a high level, good luck..
Kool-Aid

by catchersdaddy » Sun May 19, 2013 6:53 pm

Here is the update!!!!
norcalfirecracker wrote:UPDATE:
The NorCal Firecrackers will have two 00s teams and a 99 team. Coaches are in place, but names will not be released until the end of Summer.

1. 00s- Sacramento Area
2. 00s- Stockton/Manteca Area
3. 99s- Stockton/Manteca Area
catchersdaddy

Next

Return to NorCal