Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Hype train derailed?

by onlooker » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:56 pm

simple mistake? or work in progress? or something to read between the lines? The Mello Family softball business plan is now down to just his own 18U/DD team at rocklinhype.net? I have never understood how an 18U team has a roster online and a column for skills videos but only the coaches DD has a video!! This speaks volumes about an org. That is all the old site showed, now there are no videos AND not any teams teams but his on new site. Is the Hype-Train finally out of gas? is this the end? good luck to the 12U girls, hope they find an org who can support their talent as opposed to this org. I am purely speculating on org demise, but i wouldn't be shocked, and i am speculating between the lines. Been a fan of that team since watching them back in 10's.
onlooker

by JimineyCricket » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:37 pm

onlooker wrote:simple mistake? or work in progress? or something to read between the lines? The Mello Family softball business plan is now down to just his own 18U/DD team at rocklinhype.net? I have never understood how an 18U team has a roster online and a column for skills videos but only the coaches DD has a video!! This speaks volumes about an org. That is all the old site showed, now there are no videos AND not any teams teams but his on new site. Is the Hype-Train finally out of gas? is this the end? good luck to the 12U girls, hope they find an org who can support their talent as opposed to this org. I am purely speculating on org demise, but i wouldn't be shocked, and i am speculating between the lines. Been a fan of that team since watching them back in 10's.

Ever think it might just be site maintenance, e.g., moving data to a new server, and it's just a work in progress?

That said, the rumor at the fields the last month or so is that this team's core group is moving to the Breeze come fall, to play under a local female softball legend as their new HC. Most of the parents already put their time in at Bingo, and most of the players already see their new HC for instruction. This rumor has been out longer than the FC news...
JimineyCricket

by onlooker » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:49 pm

JimineyCricket wrote:
onlooker wrote:simple mistake? or work in progress? or something to read between the lines? The Mello Family softball business plan is now down to just his own 18U/DD team at rocklinhype.net? I have never understood how an 18U team has a roster online and a column for skills videos but only the coaches DD has a video!! This speaks volumes about an org. That is all the old site showed, now there are no videos AND not any teams teams but his on new site. Is the Hype-Train finally out of gas? is this the end? good luck to the 12U girls, hope they find an org who can support their talent as opposed to this org. I am purely speculating on org demise, but i wouldn't be shocked, and i am speculating between the lines. Been a fan of that team since watching them back in 10's.

Ever think it might just be site maintenance, e.g., moving data to a new server, and it's just a work in progress?

That said, the rumor at the fields the last month or so is that this team's core group is moving to the Breeze come fall, to play under a local female softball legend as their new HC. Most of the parents already put their time in at Bingo, and most of the players already see their new HC for instruction. This rumor has been out longer than the FC news...

WOW..... I had not heard this at all...so let me get this straight since there arent many/any local legends in this area. Is Ms Klein going to be coaching the breeze in the fall? Where does that leave the curent '00 breeze who will be going to 14's as well?

p.s. I thought it could be work in progress, as questioned, but your answers seem to fit my presumption while reading between the lines and they are now done or on the verge of it. Wonder if Rocklin Hype will even be a name in the spring.
onlooker

by Bleacher bug » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:38 pm

Looker
The "Local Legend" Cricket would be refering to is Jenae Leles. Half if not more of the Hype 00 team currently go to her for hitting lessons. As I stated in the Firecrackers post before Hype 00 will be replacing the ever so failing Breeze 00

Leles already heading to Breeze to Coach + Half the team goes to her for hitting + Cobian and Leles are good friends + One of Mashburns favorite Sons S A would be coming home (Remember Mashburn loves those Cops!!) = Hype in Blue and Grey.

Posted last month
Ca Rapids. Willl be moving over to become the Sacramento 00 Firecrackers team

Nor Cal Firecrackers have done a pretty bad job of keeping this quite. Remember if you tell one person they are sure to tell 10.

Oh and by the way in case you were wondering why not Hype for the Sac 00 team???

Hype 00 to replace the ever so failing Breeze 00

Hopefully that helped put an end to the silly talk.
Bleacher bug

by Stealing Home » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:14 pm

Correct on the Hype 00 and Breeze take over. Understand current Breeze coach headed back home and to start new 14u Heat team in the fall. Maybe the Rapids will take em back with their new start and partake in the FC team?
Stealing Home

by JimineyCricket » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:30 am

From what Mrs. Cricket and I have been hearing, the new Sac FC '00 club is likely to have more former Heat Cota players than former Rapids players. (Again, what is it about that club that so many of its (now former) parents talk so much and so loudly? Note to parents - when you talk about softball players and teams, your words will ALWAYS travel farther and faster than you expect.)

If all these rumors prove true, maybe what Fall '13 will bring us (compared to Fall '012) is Heat Cota rebranded as FC, Rapids rebranded as Heat, Hype rebranded as Breeze, and Breeze rebranded as LM - all looking to fill in the gaps with the best local '00 talent left over from the turbulence in the teams in the next tier down (e.g., MVP, Lady Bombers, Mizuno AA, TC, Foothill Gold). In other words, business as usual :lol:

Here's hoping the drama stays in the Bucket, and the play on the field continues to improve. Big step up to 14s...
JimineyCricket

by onlooker » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:21 am

appreciate the intel guys. crystal clear now, i can stop speculating :)
onlooker

by Old Darter » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:38 pm

onlooker wrote:....so let me get this straight since there arent many/any local legends in this area.

Really? Here are at least 6 names that come to mind. While the first three are "legends" without a doubt, the last three are well know and by the time they finish their careers will be local legends as well. I'm sure there are many more, and with Ali Aguilar the only HS player selected to the US Junior National Team, the list will continue to grow.

Michele Granger, who lives in Loomis, is a former collegiate four-time First Team All American, left-handed softball pitcher. She played four seasons for the California Golden Bears from 1989-1993. She was a Gold Medalist at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics for Team USA softball. She currently holds numerous pitching records for the Bears and ranks top-10 in several career categories all-time in the NCAA Division I.

Jenae Leles, who is from Carmichael, attended Rio Americano High School and the University of Arizona, where she walked away with 2 WCWS Rings, and a Pac 10 ring. She was drafted by the NPF ROCKFORD THUNDER and played on the United States women's national softball team where she won gold medals in the World Cup, Canada Cup and Japan Cup.

Lyndsey Klein was the Calif. St. JC Player of the Year at Sac City before transferring to UCLA to play for Sue Enquist. Lyndsey has a WCWS ring from those years as well as a pair of PAC 10 rings. After school she played on the United States women's national softball team where she won a world championship gold medal before moving to pro ball. In 2004 Lyndsey was drafted by the NPF to the NY/NJ Juggernauts where she won yet another championship.

Jolene Henderson while younger than those above, is certainly a local legend. Having won the 2008 ASA 16u A National Championships with Lady Magic, she won 2 CIF SJS D1 championships before playing at Cal. Recruited as a HS freshman, she went on to pass Michelle Granger as Cal's all-time winningest pitcher. She has the inaugural Pac 12 Championship ring as well as 2 WCWS appearances. She was a HS All-American several years an is a 4 time NFCA college D1 All-American. Just this year she was the third pick in the NPF and will play for the Chicago Bandits. She spent the last two summers playing on the USA Softball National Elite team.

Lindsey Ziegenhirt is pretty well known as well. Having won the 2008 ASA 16u A National Championships with Lady Magic, she won 2 CIF SJS D1 championships before playing at Cal. Recruited as a HS sophomore, she went on to Cal where she finished her career 4th on Cal's all time home run list. She has the inaugural Pac 12 Championship ring as well as 2 WCWS appearances. She was a HS All-American several years as well. She was the PAC12 Scholar Athlete of the Year in 2013, as wells being named an Academic All-American. Lindsey spent last summer on the USA Softball National Elite team, and is one of only two catchers invited to the 2013 National Team Selection Camp taking place this weekend in OKC.

Ally Carda also played an important roll in winning the 2008 ASA 16u A National Championships with Lady Magic. At Pleasant Grove HS, she won 2 CIF SJS D1 championships where she was named an Under-Armor All-American. Recruited by Lisa Fernandez to play at UCLA, she was named to the 2013 All PAC12 first team. She was a member of the Gold Medal USA Junior National team in Johannesburg, South Africa where she threw a no-hitter in international competition. Although she is still playing college ball and obviously could not have been the new coach you were speculating about, she is none-the-less very well known locally.
Old Darter

by onlooker » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:53 am

My fault darter, I wasn't implying no one was a legend, or that we don't have any. I should have said,

So let me get this straight, of the legends from this area, and suspecting granger will stay silverstreak, is LK the one?

Sorry for any confusion, would be great for the kids to get her back on dirt coaching. No disrespect meant to any other local legend.
onlooker

by Wilson Bats » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:45 am

Not sure about this info but I was told last weekend that LK played for DM and he was the one that gave her the # 51. Could it be true that a former Breeze Legend would be returning to be a HC in the organization
Wilson Bats

Next

Return to NorCal