Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Spectator Etiquette

by Luther » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:13 am

ICMTM wrote:Saying I'm rude for BBQing in a public park is the dumbest thing I've heard! That's almost un American.

I think he is saying that people put on friendlies specifically for fundraising.

As part of entering the friendly; they hope and expect that a large number of the visitors will buy their food and drinks. When someone brings a BBQ; they often grill for the entire team which greatly reduced the amount of money that can be made.

Many friendlies will actually say "No BBQ's".
Luther

by ICMTM » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:52 pm

And I think men shouldn't wear skinny jeans...

Just because you ask doesn't make the request right. I understood what he said. I have the right to abstain from a fundraiser. There is no law saying I have to support your cause, and there is no law against barbecues in parks (unless posted otherwise). I guess it's rude then I get in my car and go down the street to buy food, too?

Stop the nickel and diming of families. If you need to make the money earn it honestly.
ICMTM

by ICMTM » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:21 pm

Nope.

And I can probably go one further to say these makeshift snack bars are operating in a more illegal fashion than I am. Charge the fee you want/need up front and stay out of the food and beverage industry.
ICMTM

by jonriv » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:39 am

Spazsdad wrote:
ICMTM wrote:Nope.

And I can probably go one further to say these makeshift snack bars are operating in a more illegal fashion than I am. Charge the fee you want/need up front and stay out of the food and beverage industry.

I guess it is time to rewrite the manual on hosting softball events.

I guess the HS bake sale is next!
jonriv

Previous

Return to NorCal