Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Freedom Park $$$$$$

by Turret94 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:04 am

I want to say that my family found it outrageous this weekend at DF (Freedom Park) that they would not allow families to eat food or drinks in the parking lot!!

They are saying that families cannot bring their own food and eat in the parking lot.

First of all I dont think they can control the parking lot and secondly, this is total greed by the TD (DF).

I'm curious if anyone feels the same.
Turret94

by ICMTM » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:26 am

There is a public park with a grill and picnic area right behind there. Move it to the grass and say call the cops.
ICMTM

by guero_gordo » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:35 am

I do think that's cr@p, unless you're blocking traffic. We sat under the trees and ate. Nobody cared.

Their snack bar is one of the best around though.
guero_gordo

by zerotolerance » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:03 am

Hey, how about having some HEALTHY options at the snack bar if you are going to require people to eat your food. This is an athletic event and some parents don't want to feed their young athlete's chili cheese fries, nachos, hot dogs and greasy hamburgers. It's rather ridiculous to think that they wouldn't be supportive of fueling our athletes with some protein and fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, grapes, melon).
zerotolerance

by WhoMe » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:24 am

Zero,

I totally agree with you there. I would love to see the snack bars at least attempt to offer some healthier choices. The problem will be, when little susie wants a pretzel covered in nacho cheese between games, until the parents say no, there is no reason for the snack bar to change. Just like WalMart, people complauin about them but until the 8 gazillion people that shop stop, why change?

I feel blessed that I have a wife that is way more organized than I am and packs grapes, melon, granola bars. Beef jerky, though high in sodium, is still a good option due to its protein content.

zerotolerance wrote:Hey, how about having some HEALTHY options at the snack bar if you are going to require people to eat your food. This is an athletic event and some parents don't want to feed their young athlete's chili cheese fries, nachos, hot dogs and greasy hamburgers. It's rather ridiculous to think that they wouldn't be supportive of fueling our athletes with some protein and fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, grapes, melon).
WhoMe
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ICMTM » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:00 am

DF/Arnaiz/Enter your snack shack here are only going to sell things that have a high profit margin. I just don't feel I have to patronize them. I'll respect the rules of the house, so long as the house has the authority to make the rules. DF can't police the park adjacent to their complex.
ICMTM

by guero_gordo » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:04 pm

Teriyaki chicken rice bowls at FP aren't bad, wish they'd put veggies in them though.
guero_gordo

Return to NorCal