Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

New 10U Head Coach for Breeze has history

by SFLfan31 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:48 pm

I do not have personal knowledge of this situation. Does Coach Birch have a daughter this going to be playing 10U or is she coaching without any kids on the team? If she does have a daughter on the team, maybe she resigned because she wants to coach her daughter. Anybody think of that? Breeze is a major organization that takes a huge level of commitment, and I doubt she would be able to commit to both being a head varsity coach and an ASA coach. I have seen her name on the Breeze website for a quite a while now, well before OP came on and said she was "forcefully asked to resign" (what does that really mean anyway?). If her track record is as good as OP claims, I am one to give someone with her reputation as an outstanding coach the benefit of the doubt.
SFLfan31

by onlooker » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:04 pm

SFLfan31 wrote:If her track record is as good as OP claims, I am one to give someone with her reputation as an outstanding coach the benefit of the doubt.

UNREAL!!!!

I am not giving ANYONE the benefit of the doubt based on wins, losses, gender or tenure when it comes to my DD....have we learned nothing since Sandusky? WOW!

I'll be the first to admit the new signup and post is screaming "hatred" towards the coach....however, if anyone comes across my desk as an applicant who has been forced to resign amid accusations as stated, then clearly, the resignation it itself speaks voulmes to me. I do NOT know if that was the case at all here. All I now know is she is not at Roseville anymore and no one has said officially why.

p.s. who did Roseville get to replace her? Did Banks retire? what is going on in that town? lol
onlooker

by TooOldToCare » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:50 pm

Onlooker--I'm conflicted. In your earlier post you were questioning the OP. Now in your last post you appear to be giving him/her the benefit the doubt! Remember the OP is making a serious allegation against the coach and hiding under the cloak of anonymity in the guise of protecting his/her child. If the OP is factually correct in the allegation and story, from what is the OP protecting his/her child? Back to my earlier post. IMHO It is too easy to accuse and hide!!
TooOldToCare

by Luther » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:25 pm

TooOldToCare wrote:Onlooker--I'm conflicted. In your earlier post you were questioning the OP. Now in your last post you appear to be giving him/her the benefit the doubt! Remember the OP is making a serious allegation against the coach and hiding under the cloak of anonymity in the guise of protecting his/her child. If the OP is factually correct in the allegation and story, from what is the OP protecting his/her child? Back to my earlier post. IMHO It is too easy to accuse and hide!!

When it comes to kids I think the old phrase "Better safe than sorry" fits well.
Luther

by TooOldToCare » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:53 pm

Oh I understand that. But in this case safe from what? And at what cost to the accused from an annonymous poster??? Is this where society has gone. Unsubstantiated annonymous allegations rule? Too bad if thats the case. And you wonder why its hard to get or keep good people participating and giving their time. And please don't try comparing this to the Sandusky situation.
TooOldToCare

by Dozerdog » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:10 pm

TooOldToCare wrote:Oh I understand that. But in this case safe from what? And at what cost to the accused from an annonymous poster??? Is this where society has gone. Unsubstantiated annonymous allegations rule? Too bad if thats the case. And you wonder why its hard to get or keep good people participating and giving their time. And please don't try comparing this to the Sandusky situation.

I agree 100%!
Dozerdog

by softballmomma#1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:34 pm

I personally know this lady and from my experience with her in the softball environment she is loud, she says what she's thinking with no filter and gets into the game. BUT I have confidence she will be a great coach for the upcoming 10u team. She will teach the girls the game of softball. Varsity high school softball and a 10u team are two total opposite ages and I am sure she can coach accordingly. ;)
softballmomma#1

Previous

Return to NorCal