Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

It's that time for tryouts....

by Miken dad » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:25 pm

Are there teams/org that you would say stay away from?
Miken dad

by TooOldToCare » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:33 pm

Yes!!!! 8-)
TooOldToCare

by Bob Uecker » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:07 pm

TooOldToCare wrote:Yes!!!! 8-)

Nice, well said!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bob Uecker

by 99NorCal » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:36 pm

Gotta be one of the best responses ever on the Bucket.
99NorCal

by allugot » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:11 pm

;) must do your homework....
allugot

by NorCalSBMOM » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:15 pm

I would suggest staying away from 12u Monarchs. Coaches aren't true to their word and need to focus on coaching. Had several families leave the 10u team mid season. No worries if your the assistant coach, your daughter will get plenty of playing time even in light of no bat and Several errors each game
NorCalSBMOM

by fairball » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Please! If your kid isn't good enough to earn playing time, move on without junking up this forum. You just don't get this kind of ridiculous sour grapes nonsense in the SoCal forum. Learn from that and don't do it any more. It's not only embarrassing for you, but it also makes the entire top half of the state look amateurish!
fairball

by THATSHICRAY » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:14 pm

Yes, there is a lot of teams to stay away from, but perhaps look more into the coach's past history. The ones who keep jumping around from organization to organization advertising no daughter, that's who you want to stay away from. You live and you learn trust no man that looks you straight into you're eye trying to sell you something.
THATSHICRAY

by NorCalSBMOM » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:25 am

Not talking about my kid, we are talking about and the community should know past events/details before picking a team for their daughter. It is a fact several families(with talented girls) left mid season. I don't agree in pulling your daughter from a team if you don't agree with the coaching but this leaves the rest of the team that worked so hard in a bad spot, and history has a way of repeating itself.
As for being embarrassed, my suggestion to you would be to consult spell check before hitting post.
NorCalSBMOM

by ICMTM » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:56 am

If you keep blasting people you might be the parent that other families stay away from. The softball sideshow is getting to be a bit ridiculous. Even if I do not like a coach or the way he/she runs their program you don't have to rush to the internet and "warn" anyone. Talk with your actions and leave.

The sooner you move on the happier you will be. We spend too much time, money, and energy to let a bad situation keep us down. Just move on and get to a better place. What works for me may/may not work for you. You really have to do your homework and not be lazy. If you were going to spend the money on buying a car (because after about 4 or 5 years of softball fees alone that is a car) you would go online, read reviews, take the car for a test drive, and make sure you want that vehicle. Why when you're investing more into your child would you not want to do your research? Don't leave it to some stranger you don't even know on a free forum!

NorCalSBMOM may be a nice lady...may be a man? With all of two posts are you going to make a decision based on what she said? I hope not! It's an opinion and you can consider it, but it's not where you stop doing your research.
ICMTM

Next

Return to NorCal