Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Lady Sharks 98 joins NorCal Firecrackers!!!!!

by norcalfirecracker » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:47 am

The NorCal Fircrackers would like to welcome "San Jose Lady Sharks 98" to the firecracker family. The lady sharks 98 earned a berth to PFG in 2013. We look for them to do it again in 2014.
Coaches are Joey Rodriguez and Bob Randall. NorCal Firecrackers-Rodriguez will be a 16u team this fall. They will play showcase tournaments and friendlies. Tryouts will be posted tonight.
norcalfirecracker

by AfatasiFastpitch » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:52 am

NICE!!!!!
AfatasiFastpitch

by Goldball4 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:15 pm

Joke! Heard these guys went out to the shark tryouts like nothing was going on! Then emails head of org. the next day and tells them this news. No integrity at all with these coaches! No honor with these coaches! Welcome to the firecrackers! Good thing Tony, or Don didn't hear about these guys doing what they did! Otherwise they would've been firecrackers for one day! Disgusting act!
Goldball4

by sjsharkie » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:27 am

After 10 years with the San Jose Lady Sharks, and 2 DDs who went on to play at the collegiate level, I would like to offer some perspective on this situation. Tom Barrera, and a handful of others, mentored these coaches over the last couple of years, and they progressed and developed a few athletes into solid players. They came out to tryouts last week looking to improve on the core of what was going to be the Lady Sharks' 16u team for this fall and the summer of 2014.

Somehow they got bitten by the 'grass is greener' bug and decided to take 'their' girls and join a NorCal branch of Tony Rico's Firecrackers organization. Some of these families still have outstanding financial obligations to the Lady Sharks and the Firecrackers appear to be happy welcoming these coaches and players into the FC fold.

On multiple levels this is disturbing and disappointing, but we can only hope it can somehow turn into a positive for the innocent girls involved who have been directed by their parents to follow Joey's and Bob's path.

The Lady Sharks are in the process of reforming a 16u staff and team for the fall and would welcome these young ladies and their families back if it would be a good fit for them but we are saddened by the acts of these coaches and their choices.

Neil Hogan
San Jose Lady Sharks
sjsharkie

by demash » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:47 am

And the slogan that Tony uses for his organization is "Play With Honor". I would hope that someone informs him of what has happened in NorCal.
demash

by Kool-Aid » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:12 am

demash wrote:And the slogan that Tony uses for his organization is "Play With Honor". I would hope that someone informs him of what has happened in NorCal.

Why dont you ask a few former players/parents, including some of his best, what they think of the slogan :lol:

btw, do you really think TR cares what people think :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Kool-Aid

by Saywhat44 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:32 am

I know exactly what Rico thinks "Show me the money, Jerry!!!! Show...me...the...mmmmoooooonnnnneeeeeyyyyy!!!!"
Saywhat44

by ICMTM » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:39 am

Saywhat44...help me...help you!!!

I hope the Heybucket doesn't turn into the travel ball fee collection agency. Kids move on. Coaches move on. Organizations move on. I actually can see where the decision to have the tryout with the Sharks was made before the decision to make the switch to a different org. I just think this "imma tell Tony" line is funny. You don't think they already knew?
ICMTM

by Saywhat44 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:10 am

The Firecracker name is so diluted now that it' serves no benefit. I don't think the semi-annual clinic that Rico makes an appearance at isn't worth what they pay for the name. But as long as people keep wanting the name and paying for it, it won't stop. Hats off to Rico for making a killing. The shame is on us for buying into the hype and for continuing to pay for it.
Saywhat44

by onlooker » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:11 am

ICMTM wrote:Saywhat44...help me...help you!!!

I just think this "imma tell Tony" line is funny. You don't think they already knew?

yep, had me scratching my head as well....but what I really want to know, is what org has a fee structure that makes families financially responsible for anything after the season is over and offseason/tryout time? Is there such an org that has "credit" extended from summer to fall? WOW,

nothing different happened here then happens anywhere else in Nor Cal, so what is "happening in NorCal?"

mizuno garcia became team cali
tc smash became nc fc
hype cobian became breeze leles (someone should tell demas what is going in in norcal, hehe)
rr gold becomes nc fc
rapids become nc fc
the list goes on and on and on, but NONE of these have had an imma tell the org boss post before. To me the people effected are org's and org bosses, not parents and players as it appears they are benefitting from tony showing up here.
onlooker

Next

Return to NorCal