Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

12u Fall tryouts-Who are favorites & sleepers going forward?

by Bookend » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:42 pm

AND, great job POP. I'm on board with your top 10. Thanks for your great work!
Bookend

by bigballer » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:06 pm

POP Time wrote:Since Real Bucket... AKA LTG PITCHERS DAD is upset I have talked about their pitching yet this season I thought I would help him out in the rankings.

1. LTG: Won the Tourney over Lady Spartans. Though the pitching on this team wouldn’t stack up to most teams around they manage to pull out wins and that’s what matters

2. FH Gold: The team to BEAT didn’t play. Good luck in So Cal, but they've won in Sac against these teams minus LTG and OBS.

3. OBS: I really thought this team would have shown better this last weekend. The Force team they lost to is a pretty strong team but when you get use to playing crappy teams in Stockton you play at that level. Proof you have to chase the better teams. Early exit in Sac, got to win outside of Stockton

4. Lady Spartans: Got a lot of shit for playing 14’s last week but maybe it helped. I thought they had their best tournament of fall.

5. Breeze: Another Semi Final showing lost to LTG, LTG dad is right a team can’t live on one pitcher you have to have more then that

6. San Jose Sting: Lost to Breeze 01

7. KG Hitters – Baptista: Struggled all weekend I thought lost to TC in pool play got by a few weak teams on Sunday, not a good weekend overall.

8. Fresno Force 01: I had not paid much attention to these guys but overall thought they were strong enough to throw them in the top 10.

9. Nevada Lightning: won against LTG last weekend and lost to the same Fresno team OBS did. They 9th last in last weeks ranking. Don't see how they got bumped.

10. AASA Richardson: Lost to Spartans early but Spartans were on this weekend.

AASA Virchis:Lost #1 pitcher to USA Elite and did not fair well in Stockton.[/quote]
bigballer

by POP Time » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:16 pm

I will answer you questions for you
bigballer wrote:2. FH Gold: The team to BEAT didn’t play. Good luck in So Cal, but they've won in Sac against these teams minus LTG and OBS.
Foot Hill Gold has yet to beat OBS that I know of so I would not place them above OBS at the end of the season. Plus winning in Sac has been about the same as Stockton, all of the same teams have played both except OBS n Gold who have pretty much stayed close to home. 3 wins in Sac does not beat 4 wins in Stockton
bigballer wrote:3. OBS: I really thought this team would have shown better this last weekend. The Force team they lost to is a pretty strong team but when you get use to playing crappy teams in Stockton you play at that level. Proof you have to chase the better teams. Early exit in Sac, got to win outside of Stockton
Tho I agree you have to win outside of Stockton this team has smacked every team on the list while playing in Stockton so the over all body of work means something. 4 wins in Stockton over the same teams beats 3 wins in Sac.

bigballer wrote:9. Nevada Lightning: won against LTG last weekend and lost to the same Fresno team OBS did. They 9th last in last weeks ranking. Don't see how they got bumped.
Really 1 good weekend you are gonna hang your hat on??? Look at the schedule they played and have played all season. When the TD is on your staff and lines you up with ducks every week what do you think will happen. How did they luck out and get the easy road on Sunday in that tourney yet the one and two seeds from the same pool stayed on the same side of the bracket??? If you look at bracketing 1 normally stays up top 2 goes down below then in the next pool 1 goes down 2 goes up, so on and so on, this way Sunday play is spread out and you should play different teams. Not the case when a GY team plays in a GY tourney. They were out side all fall and got a tip of the hat with a good weekend but lets keep it real.

bigballer wrote:AASA Virchis:Lost #1 pitcher to USA Elite and did not fair well in Stockton.
USA Elite still sucks and for the overall body of work AASA Virchis deserves an overall top 10 for fall.

Hope that helped :D
POP Time

by bigballer » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:08 pm

After looking at the brackets for Stockton, I totally think that three wins in Sac is better.
Who has OBS played in tournament play? Valley Stompers, Bears, SJ Synergy, Ripon Cyclones, Cal Nuggets. I'd have to give #2 to Foothill Gold on strength of schedule. Don't get me wrong, I like OBS a lot and would love to see these two teams play, but that early exit to the Force sticks in my craw.

Secondly, I had a chance t see the AASA Virchis team in Lodi and the coaching is absolutely dreadful. These kids win despite the COACH, not coaches, but COACH, Coo koo! The only thing that kept them in it was their pitcher. Two second places finishes gets you on the list though?

Which brings me to my third point, Virchis gets two 2nds and make the list, but the Nevada Lightning which is one of four teams on this list to win a tournament can't even scrape a 10th spot. But the Force shows up once and is on it. C'mon! You dropped them from 9th to nowhere.

Finally, AASA Richardson should not be on the list either. They're just on it becasue everyone else is that bad. Hell, I like the Breeze 02 more than them.

We're each entitled to our own opinions, that's what makes these lists fun. A little debate! :D
bigballer

by POP Time » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:07 am

bigballer wrote:Secondly, I had a chance t see the AASA Virchis team in Lodi and the coaching is absolutely dreadful. These kids win despite the COACH, not coaches, but COACH, Coo koo!!!

One thing we can all agree on is the Virchis coach is Coo Koo!!!... but hey, if we ranked teams on coaches integrity, honesty or level of sanity teams like Richardson, Virchis, Henderson, Ybarra, Stewart etc... would never make the list. Hell, I doubt we could come up with 10 teams!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
POP Time

by Bookend » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:03 am

Finally, AASA Richardson should not be on the list either. They're just on it becasue everyone else is that bad. Hell, I like the Breeze 02 more than them.

We're each entitled to our own opinions, that's what makes these lists fun. A little debate! :D[/quote]

AASA Rich is 2-0 against Breeze 02 this Fall with a combined score of 11-2. Nothing wrong with a lil' debate and throwing around your opinions.
Bookend

by POP Time » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:41 pm

As much a I have kicked Perez's ass this year I will say it looks like they played well this last weekend in So Cal, for that I will throw them back to the top, fact of the matter is of the 01 teams they have gone deaper in So Cal then any other Nor Cal team. Congrats to you and Pride on the weekend. (Tho Pride did have a lil bit of outside help) :) The bar has been set for LTG and OBS and the others, good luck at Brenda Marsh

1. FH Gold: Semi's at Pre Turkey Day Cup lost to the tourney Champions

2. LTG: Won the last tourney they played over Lady Spartans. Good luck in So Cal

3. OBS: I really thought this team would have shown better in their last event Also heading to Brenda Marsh.

4. Lady Spartans: Runner up in the last event they played Heading to Brenda Marsh

5. Breeze: Done for the season.

6. San Jose Sting:Done for the season

7. KG Hitters – Baptista: Done for the season

8. Fresno Force 01: Had a good showing in Roseville last time out. Heading to Brenda Marsh.

9. AASA Richardson: Early exit is Roseville last tourney but heading to Brenda Marsh.

10. Salano Pride: Had a great weekend in So Cal, got bumped in the semi's. Had they done it without guest players I might have tossed them a lil higher on the list.[/quote]

A lot of teams heading South for Turkey Day. Good luck to all!!!! We all hope you represent Nor Cal well....
POP Time

by Bookend » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:54 pm

LTG, OBS, Breeze, and AASA Richardson in friendlies this coming weekend at Veterans Park

238 Glenhaven Drive

Tracy, CA 95376
Bookend

by Bookend » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Getting primed for Brenda Marsh.
Bookend

by Bookend » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:58 pm

Sunday 11/24
Bookend

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal