Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

12u Fall tryouts-Who are favorites & sleepers going forward?

by realbucket » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:38 pm

I wanna know what's all the fuss about. I was expecting to see 6ft tall muscular viking like young ladies in So Cal with all the fuss surrounding the "traveling for no reason" and all i heard was the wawawaaaaa sound. :roll: A few great teams & a bunch of average-- if that -sort of teams. Not a far stretch from what we see every weekend...Just a longer drive. :?
realbucket

by Old man softball » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:07 pm

That's why you go to good tournaments (Brenda marsh/Mother's Day ) in SoCal so all the good teams are there. Don't drive all the way there to play weak tourneys with 10-12 teams in them.
Old man softball

by POP Time » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:37 am

Real Bucket
As I said before having a coach who knows where to be and when is half the battle. Coaches Like Perez and Stewart have no plan therefor they end up in the same tourney that is packed with 1st year 12u So Cal teams. If you had a plan you would have followed these tourneys in years past and seen the TCS Pre Thanksgiving event normally has a lot of 1st yr teams. As a result 2nd year teams from Nor Cal go down and mop up a lot of the 1st year So Cal teams. That tourney is a good primer but Brenda Marsh is where it is at for fall.
POP Time wrote:My General thought as a second yr 12u team who is trying to make a run at PGF or ASA Nationals would be.

Fall: 2 trips, Brenda Marsh is a must!!
Spring/ Summer: 3 to 4 if you are playing a 12 to 14 tournament schedule which most teams do.

If I was truly a top team I would do at least 1 early, like the Presidents Day Showdown in So Cal or St Patty's Day Blast in Vegas, Fresno Force in April (goes with out saying, I consider that local) I would also do Mothers Day Classic in So Cal. If you did well at St Patty’s I would probably push for the early PGF qualifier in So Cal as well.

The problem is many coaches do not even know what tourneys to look at or even how to find them.

Remember there is a reason they call it Travel Ball. Driving to Roseville from Stockton or to Stockton from Folsom is not travel.
POP Time

by 22Forever » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:44 am

Hey POP,
So what kind of travel or tourneys should I expect for my daughter's 1st year 12u team?
22Forever

by Dozerdog » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:09 am

22, I would ask a couple questions before I gave you an answer. 1. How competitive where you guys with the 2nd year teams in fall? 2. Did you pick up girls that will make you better than fall.3. What is your long term goal/plans for travel next season? Last year my DD played on a mixed team. We went to 3 out of town noteable tournaments. St.Paddies in Vegas,Fresno Force and Mothersday Classic in SoCal. I would say if your team plans on or will be one of the better teams here next season you should play at least 2 of these. Just my opinion.
Dozerdog

by 22Forever » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:04 pm

Thanks Dozerdog. The team won a couple games against '01s teams but none against the better/best teams. You could tell the difference a year made. I do think they were pretty competitive in most games, but usually had one big inning a game taht would make the run differrential look bigger. As for the other two points I don't know answers yet, but now I know more what to look for.
22Forever

by realbucket » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:11 am

POP Time wrote:As much a I have kicked Perez's ass this year I will say it looks like they played well this last weekend in So Cal, for that I will throw them back to the top, fact of the matter is of the 01 teams they have gone deaper in So Cal then any other Nor Cal team. Congrats to you and Pride on the weekend. (Tho Pride did have a lil bit of outside help) :) The bar has been set for LTG and OBS and the others, good luck at Brenda Marsh

1. FH Gold: Semi's at Pre Turkey Day Cup lost to the tourney Champions

2. LTG: Won the last tourney they played over Lady Spartans. Good luck in So Cal

3. OBS: I really thought this team would have shown better in their last event Also heading to Brenda Marsh.

4. Lady Spartans: Runner up in the last event they played Heading to Brenda Marsh

5. Breeze: Done for the season.

6. San Jose Sting:Done for the season

7. KG Hitters – Baptista: Done for the season

8. Fresno Force 01: Had a good showing in Roseville last time out. Heading to Brenda Marsh.

9. AASA Richardson: Early exit is Roseville last tourney but heading to Brenda Marsh.

10. Salano Pride: Had a great weekend in So Cal, got bumped in the semi's. Had they done it without guest players I might have tossed them a lil higher on the list.

A lot of teams heading South for Turkey Day. Good luck to all!!!! We all hope you represent Nor Cal well....[/quote]

:roll: A lot of contradictions...praising teams & even a bump up to 1st because of a "weak tournament with only 1st year teams" that are a waste. Guess we should have held out for the BM tourney. Thanks for bursting my by bubble...I just thought we did well. :cry:
realbucket

by Yellow Ballz » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:57 pm

Any updates on todays friendlies in Tracy?
Yellow Ballz

by Dozerdog » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:12 pm

LTG went 2-1.beat Breeze and AASA. Lost to OBS.
OBS went 2-1.beat Breeze and LTG lost AASA.
AASA went 2-1.beat Breeze and OBS and lost to LTG.
Breeze 0-3.
Dozerdog

by Dozerdog » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:27 am

Dozerdog wrote:LTG went 2-1.beat Breeze and AASA. Lost to OBS.
OBS went 2-1.beat Breeze and LTG lost AASA.
AASA went 2-1.beat Breeze and OBS and lost to LTG.
Breeze 0-3.

Sorry I forgot Saturday.
Not a 100% sure of a couple games.
LTG was 2-1 beat Storm and Ace's lost to Spartans.
Lady Sparatns beat LTG and Ace's. I believe they lost to Storm( not 100% sure)
Storm 1-2 beat Spartans and lost to OBS and LTG. This team looked great for a team that was on the dirt for the first time. They will be a team to deal with in the spring. Great job coaches.
OBS 2-0. Beat Storm and Ace's.
Ace's 0-3.
I thought it was a great friendly and thanks to everyone who came out. Some great games with great teams,coaches and parents. Good luck to everyone playing this week and see ya'll in the spring!
Dozerdog

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal