Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

12u Fall tryouts-Who are favorites & sleepers going forward?

by POP Time » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:45 pm

Well this is how I see the season as it finished. I think you could toss the top 3 around every week. With out a doubt they were the class of the 12u Field this fall. I would think OBS and LTG will be the teams to beat going into Spring. From 3 on down I think it will be anyone's game going into Spring, just depends on changes at tryouts.

1. OBS: OBS was eliminated at the same time as LTG but watching the level of the teams they played I feel OBS gets the nod based on the way they represented in the games they played this last weekend Eliminated in game 2 by Firecrackers Manny.

2. LTG: Played well in So Cal. Eliminated in Game 2 by So Cal A’s who lost in the semi’s.

3. FH Gold: Semi's at Pre Turkey Day Cup lost to the tourney Champions. Didn’t play this last weekend at BM. Would have been nice to see the “Team To Beat” compete against the better So Cal teams.

4. Lady Spartans: Kept them in the 4 spot. Had a great weekend at BM but in reality They won the games they should and lost to the teams I thought they would. Got their bang for their buck though, had to do it the hard way after losing and getting the Saturday afternoon game. Over all great weekend lost to the eventual winners in the semi’s.

5. Breeze: Done for the season.

6. San Jose Sting:Done for the season

7. KG Hitters – Baptista: Done for the season

8. Fresno Force 01: Played a great game against Spartans, lost a close one. Sucks to travel to So Cal to play a team from Nor Cal and get bumped

9. AASA Richardson: Got Thumped by So Cal A’s. Just not ready to compete at the level of the better So Cal teams.

10. Salano Pride: Had a great weekend in So Cal, got bumped in the semi's. Had they done it without guest players I might have tossed them a lil higher on the list.

Should be interesting to see what tryouts bring. Hearing rumors all over of players looking for new homes. Sounds like very little changes coming at OBS and LTG, I hear Gold has already lost their #1 pitcher and a few others are to follow, Firecrackers LS (Lady Spartans) have had more then a few working out with others, Stewart is Done... Is anyone surprised??? Boykin is now at KG. Sounds like they are trying to do what they can to keep players but I know at least 2 who are already at Gold and at least 3 others who have found homes. Breeze lost their #1 pitcher and are making changes in other spots well, Ybarra has a new Dirt Dogs team coming, I could go on and on but I think you get the picture, it will be an interesting few weeks.
POP Time

by fromtherightsideline » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:20 pm

Funny how All American Stewart had only 10 players but somehow 11 have have gone to teams. LOL
2 went to FG & 6 went to KG Boykin Sacramento, leaving 2 players, Stewart's daughter & CF. Can't speak for either but rumor has is CF didn't like the travel & expense. Don't know what Stewart's daughter is doing (smart if went back to rec). I wouldn't say that Boykin is scrambling or that it was a surprise that Stewart is no longer coaching :lol: .
fromtherightsideline

by Bookend » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:14 pm

Once again, nice job Pop! Gotta love the rumor mill. Thanks for your write-ups and knowledge.
Bookend

by POP Time » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:49 pm

fromtherightsideline wrote:Funny how All American Stewart had only 10 players but somehow 11 have have gone to teams. LOL
2 went to FG & 6 went to KG Boykin Sacramento, leaving 2 players, Stewart's daughter & CF. Can't speak for either but rumor has is CF didn't like the travel & expense. Don't know what Stewart's daughter is doing (smart if went back to rec). I wouldn't say that Boykin is scrambling or that it was a surprise that Stewart is no longer coaching :lol: .

Like I said Rumor is 2 to Gold, 3 to new homes. Maybe at this point you think 6 went with Boykin maybe others think they have come to them. Until they have paid and hit the field reality is you have nothing. Obviously you are a Boykin Parent who read a little much into what I wrote. I never said they are scrambling if you feel that way so be it. I have always been a Boykin supporter and from day 1 have said the only reason AA Stewart filled a team or was able to stay together was Matt.

I will however say you are low life trash for your comments about a specific kid. As much as I dislike Stewart and have little problem smacking coaches around, Direct comment towards a kid is off limits, his kid should be left out of things. Good luck this season to your new KG Team. remember Karma is a BITCH!!! When you are wondering why things suck in your life, with your team or why things just won't go your way remember the comments you made about an 11 yr old girl... :oops: :oops: :oops:
POP Time

by 2kellsj » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:00 pm

I totally agree. It is one thing to bash a coach but an 11yo girl - that is WRONG!
But there are coaches bashing girls all the time at the fields - what's their excuse?
You are also right with the fact until they pay & are on the field they are not part of the team but that applies to all teams not just KG Boykin.
Good luck everyone of the 12U teams - going to be a very interesting couple of weeks.
2kellsj

by Dozerdog » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:38 pm

Any news on movement? I've heard light numbers for some of the better teams at their tryouts. Just curious if we will much movement in 12s.
Dozerdog

by 01SoftballDad » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:45 pm

Dozerdog wrote:Any news on movement? I've heard light numbers for some of the better teams at their tryouts. Just curious if we will much movement in 12s.

Hearing quite a bit of movement. Sounds like a lot of "stable" teams are not nearly as stable as they thought. Also, heard the 12U Firecrackers pulled a lot of girls.

2014 will be interesting..
01SoftballDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to NorCal