Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

12u Fall tryouts-Who are favorites & sleepers going forward?

by POP Time » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:38 am

Since Real Bucket... AKA LTG PITCHERS DAD is upset I have talked about their pitching yet this season I thought I would help him out in the rankings.

1. LTG: Won the Tourney over Lady Spartans. Though the pitching on this team wouldn’t stack up to most teams around they manage to pull out wins and that’s what matters

2. OBS: I really thought this team would have shown better this last weekend. The Force team they lost to is a pretty strong team but when you get use to playing crappy teams in Stockton you play at that level. Proof you have to chase the better teams.

3. FH Gold: The team to BEAT didn’t play. Good luck in So Cal

4. Lady Spartans: Got a lot of shit for playing 14’s last week but maybe it helped. I thought they had their best tournament of fall.

5. Breeze: Another Semi Final showing lost to LTG, LTG dad is right a team can’t live on one pitcher you have to have more then that

6. San Jose Sting: Lost to Breeze 01

7. KG Hitters – Baptista: Struggled all weekend I thought lost to TC in pool play got by a few weak teams on Sunday, not a good weekend overall.

8. Fresno Force 01: I had not paid much attention to these guys but overall thought they were strong enough to throw them in the top 10.

9. AASA Richardson: Lost to Spartans early but Spartans were on this weekend.

10. AASA Virchis: Didn't Play
POP Time

by realbucket » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:11 am

:lol: this much I will say*** you couldn't pay me to let my dd pitch! No way in he!! The point I'm trying to make is the pitcher doesn't make the team. :idea: My dd works her a$$ off every day. More than any pitcher I've EVER seen at her age level. And her team is where they are because of not only the pitcher but players like my dd. I keep her as far from the mound as I can. No offense to pitcher parents but I would never. You have to be a special breed of crazy to walk that line :shock:. Not an Ltg parent either... :lol: Just a parent sick of the hype about pitching making the whole team. :mrgreen:
realbucket

by Bleacher bug » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:04 pm

realbucket wrote:My dd works her a$$ off every day. More than any pitcher I've EVER seen at her age level. And her team is where they are because of not only the pitcher but players like my dd. Not an Ltg parent either... :lol: Just a parent sick of the hype about pitching making the whole team. :mrgreen:

Obviously you have not had one of the top pitchers in the area on your team yet if your daughter out works every pitcher who she has ever played with. I will say I am with you and my kid would never pitch I don't want the stress of that nor do I have the time but I am realistic about what they do every week.

Why do you think the Pitcher gets the Glory??? Why does the QB Get the Glory??? Why Does the Driver in NASCAR get the Glory??? Because they are the ones who get the blame as well!! How many times do you here. So and So got lit up today or So and So was off her game and it cost us. 95% of that is pointed at the pitcher. I have watched my daughter make an error at 2b behind her pitcher n thought, if I was the pitcher I would go slap her. Yet the pitcher just steps on the mound n keeps throwing.

Have you ever asked the top pitchers what their week is like. On top of the things most of our kids do outside of practice like Crossfit, Running, Weights, fielding and hitting lessons the better ones also add Pitching lessons once a week and then Pitch at least 1 to 2 days on top of that outside of practice. At practice who shows up 30 mins to an hour early?? Pitchers and Catchers... on most teams Tuesday n Thursday Pitchers and Catchers are 30 mins early on Sunday's an hour early. So while you are still eating egg's in the am they are already on the field busting their ass before the rest of the team gets there.

Maybe you have just been on teams with the wrong pitchers but I give my daughters teams pitchers and Catchers all the props in the world. I couldn't imagine adding Pitching or Catching workouts to the list of crap we already do.
Bleacher bug

by mosfan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:20 pm

This thread is funny. It is like watching a show..Oh! The commercials!! Thanks for the laughs..back to lurk mode... :lol:
mosfan

by Bookend » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:53 pm

Wow, time to change my username!
Bookend

by Old man softball » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:56 pm

Some one jacked your name that's some BS!!
Old man softball

by Bookend » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:30 pm

I kinda like
your username,O.M.S! Fits me to a tee.
Bookend

by mosfan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:43 pm

:P Oh! Mudda...I took somebody's name. Not to worry am a good person...I promise to just lurk...
mosfan

by Old man softball » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:47 pm

Old man softball is taken. Damn it :lol:
Old man softball

by Bookend » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:54 pm

Yah, and I'm a good guy also. Ha! And a great liar...
No worries Old Man, you've earned your username. I'll try and make positive contributions in the future.
Bookend

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal