Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Rumor has it.

by confuseddaily » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:08 am

Rumors are flying about the Breeze 00 team. I hear the head coach is charging each player over $100 (100x12=1200) per month for lost wages. This is on top of their bingo commitment? Is this standard in this organization? Is this standard in this sport now?
confuseddaily

by Sftball Junkie » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:49 am

Confuseddaily,

Question 1
Are you still confused as to why your daughter didn't make the team or are your just bitter???

Question 2
Even if this rumor is true, obviously you are not paying the fee so do you really give a shit???

Answer to question 2. No, please refer to question 1 :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :o
Sftball Junkie

by confuseddaily » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:02 am

defensive much? again the question was is this standard for this organization or softball in general now? insert smart A#$ comment .....now.
confuseddaily

by THE SWAMI » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:30 am

I believe it's becoming more of a standard for teams that don't have there own indoor facility to charge an additional fee for the team to get indoors....I haven't heard of coaches getting money.....(is it tax free :shock: )
THE SWAMI

by Miken dad » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:52 am

I think it is standard for the teams that pay their coaches. Also,the ones that use a specific facility i.e Hanks bombers charged $95/month for use of their facilities.
Miken dad

by confuseddaily » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:32 pm

Thank you Swami and Miken Dad, for use of a facility I get. Doesn't Breeze have their own facility? The piece that threw me off was the lost wages part, but if its the norm I guess a second job is in order.
confuseddaily

by Bob Uecker » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:33 pm

Well the term, "You get what you pay for!" is yet to be determined in this case. We'll just have to sit back and watch what unfolds, but for the girls sake, I hope it all works out.

Remember parents, bitter or not, that this game is about them and we need to allow our girls to now start playing the game for themselves. Let go of the stroller and let them walk for themselves. Now, if you were one of the ones who didn't wear red socks and didn't receive a fair shake...well I guess I see your point. :o :o :o

Hopefully all of the girls have found a home to play the game that they love. Move on.

But I see the cross roads here. Who do I trash? Lady Magic (as everyone still wants them to fail) or now do I unleash on the new Breeze with Leles at the helm receiving a paycheck. If it is at all true, well then they'll be big expectations for them to win.
Bob Uecker

by Gut » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:23 pm

I do not know if the new 00 Breeze Coach is getting paid, but I do know that "Professional" hitting and pitching instructors are making $80/hr now regurgitating knowledge that mostly was GIVEN to them when they were youths. Some of these people are pulling in $6,000 per month. They also purposely do NOT coach a team so that you must pay them $80 per hour for their knowledge. While I am all in favor of capitalism, this fact tends to sicken my stomach. I think it's nearing the point that all money spent on travel, gas, equipment, lessons, etc. adds up to more than 90% of the scholarships attained.
This all just reinforces the fact that the girls should be playing for the love of the game.
P.S. Is anyone looking for professional beer drinking lessons? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gut

by allugot » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:55 pm

I have heard of paying for private lessons, paying tourney fees (for the season), but paying someone to cover loss wages....! WOW... any org should be ashamed of that one... :o plus required to work bingo?? seriously ... wow....
allugot

by Sftball Junkie » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:42 pm

Ok what I threw back earlier was a joke obviously OP is a lil sensitive. No I don't have a kid on the team and one thing is for sure my kid would never play for an org that D Mash is involved in.

That said.... If it is true, call it lost wages, salary, a bonus, a what ever... Everyone complains about daddy ball or not enough non parent coaches and the lack of good coaching period but you expect a coach who doesn't have a kid on the team to deal with all of the parents crap not to mention the time commitment away from family friends etc... for free???

If you had no kid in softball would you spend 30+ hours a week working for free???

Leles makes a living teaching softball in lessons etc... losing 2 days a week of evening lessons when doing practice will with out a doubt cut her pay. If you had no kid on a team would you take a cut in pay at your job to coach a team for free???

If it is true $1200 a month is probably a pretty good deal, that comes out to about $10.75 an hour. Assuming it's true, the parents of that team must agree it's a pretty good deal otherwise the rumor would be 12 Breeze players all quit yesterday...

Like I said before if you are not paying it why do you care?

PS. If you are a high level ex player and I can pay you 10.75 per hour to assist on my team please PM me today I will have you on the field this week!!!!
Sftball Junkie

Next

Return to NorCal