Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Speed and Agility/Strength and Conditioning

by bigballer » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:48 pm

Thanks for all of the good info. I have experienced the whole personal trainer/strength trainer already. But we feel we need someone to work on maximizing bringing technique and speed drills.
bigballer

by EliteSB » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:48 pm

My daughter goes to Donni at D1 Sportz off belvedere in sacramento. He has 4-5 softball kids including my daughter. I can say he has really pushed her and she never leaves without her shirt completely soaked in sweat. The guy is a great guy/motivator and has his masters degree, so not some fly by night trainer. He also interned with USC and UCLA football as a strength coach. I am a believer. She had 7 homeruns in high school last year. Started work with him in may and she hit 10 out in less at bats and against all so cal teams (play on so cal team) in the summer. Not saying HR's are the best measure but Ive seen more consistent power since she's been there. Everything is jumping off her bat. In 3 months she is ALOT stronger than she was. Its really apparent when a new kid starts with him and then I really see the progress, cause I remember when she started and how bad she looked. He charges 25 bucks for group (usually 1-3 kids are there) and you can just jump right in. For 25 bucks a lesson my daughter is usually there for hour and 15. For whatever its worth. I will say that my daughter and I are committed (her time and my money) and that makes a huge difference no matter who you choose. We've seen a lot of kids come and go who cant hack it or its "to hard". Being that mine is a year away from college to me its a must if she is to play her freshman year.
EliteSB

by Revolution Sports » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:18 am

There's a new facility located in Martinez, CA called Universal Sports Academy.
A company inside there called Revolution Athletic Performance specializes in speed and conditioning. They have a high speed treadmill in there which allows you to work on correct running form and you can raise the incline up so that when they go to flat ground it feels like they're running down hill.

If you want more info http://www.usamartinez.com/revolution-a ... rformance/
or call 510 334-7612 ask for Daniel Chen or email
daniel@revolution-sports.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC8kALdet1k
Daniel Chen
Revolution Athletic Performance and Sport Health Science
330 Ferry St, (inside Universal Sports Academy)
Martinez, CA
Athletic Performance Coach
daniel@revolution-sports.com
Revolution Sports

by MrHittingCoach » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Power, Speed & Agilty Best in Modesto & reasonable prices!

http://www.bonsueliteathletics.com
MrHittingCoach

by jimc » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:29 pm

All In Training.
4540 Florin Perkins Rd suite 100
Sacramento
Nnamdi LeBlanc
contact Karen Jackson for appointment
916-740-0339
karenjackson2@aol.com
kj@all-in-training.com
Jim Carda
Head Coach 14u
10U, 12u Player Development Coordinator
ltgcarda@gmail.com
916-799-4103
jimc

by realbucket » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:58 pm

http://m.bonsueliteathletics.com/
My dd had been conditioned already before starting here with a personal trainer from our gym. She attended a session with a team mate & loved it. They definitely challenged her and strengthened her more than she had ever been before. She is very driven but they took her to the max.
realbucket

by outnlftfield » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:28 pm

Former Cal softball player, Gwen Arafiles instucts a one hour workout session on Monday nights at 630 pm at the Gamechanger hitting academy (3476 East Eight Mile Road, Stockton) . Gwen caters her workouts to softball speed and conditioning drills , placing emphasis on improving overall quickness and agility. Gwen also has a short question and answer session after her workouts and the topics discussed are education, nutrition and the college recruiting process. All ages are welcome 10 under-college age. Gwen is a certified personal trainer and has a masters degree in education. Gwen was also a member of the 2005-2006 world series Cal Golden Bears. Questions 209-986-0323
outnlftfield

Previous

Return to NorCal