Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Players being thrown at intentionally!

by exD1dad » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:39 pm

IMO 12U is too young & pitchers should never throw at a players head

Last Fall playing 18's in a showcase a SS tagged my DD in the face while she was standing up returning to the base on a line drive. the Head coach told my wife the next day "that kid was playing for the money doing whatever it takes in front of college coaches" the next time she came up he called a fast ball 5 fists inside (insinuating to hit her in the knees) which I thought was not only the right thing to do, but a very nice gesture on his part. I later found out the 15 yr old pitcher had never been told to intentionally hit someone & missed her spot which resulted in a single. :lol: My DD took it as part of the game & it wasn't a big deal to her.

I do know another 18's coach who never lets his pitchers bat in tourneys for safety cause he doesn't want them to get thrown at.
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bucket_list » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Last June at Norcal Metros the San Jose Lady sharks 12u hit a girl in the head. The Sharks players laughed and the sharks coaches seemed pleased. The girl who was hit was the opposing teams coaches daughter. The word was that the sharks organization told him that if they ever played his daughter would be hit.
bucket_list

by Tyler Durden » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:15 pm

bucket_list wrote:Last June at Norcal Metros the San Jose Lady sharks 12u hit a girl in the head. The Sharks players laughed and the sharks coaches seemed pleased. The girl who was hit was the opposing teams coaches daughter. The word was that the sharks organization told him that if they ever played his daughter would be hit.

I call bullshit. Welcome to Heybucket.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by guero_gordo » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:00 pm

The Bush Bengals do it. Haven't seen them single out the pitcher, just the next batter.
guero_gordo

by Ovr Weight N Bald » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:58 pm

Stealing Home wrote:Why not?

Please remember Stealing Home is about the lowest form of trash on Hey Bucket. The comment here just points to that.

I second the BS call on Lady Sharks. If you think a coach or Org would have an order to head hunt a player you have more issues then most as well.
Last edited by Ovr Weight N Bald on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ovr Weight N Bald

by sjsharkie » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:36 pm

bucket_list wrote:Last June at Norcal Metros the San Jose Lady sharks 12u hit a girl in the head. The Sharks players laughed and the sharks coaches seemed pleased. The girl who was hit was the opposing teams coaches daughter. The word was that the sharks organization told him that if they ever played his daughter would be hit.

Wow, unbelievable. I was at this game with our 12u team, and the 19 year old coach, who was calling pitches. The thought that a 12 year old girl could control a headhunting pitch, and that it had been practiced, or even discussed, only could be considered by someone with a very twisted and suspect agenda. I find the description 'the word was' very disturbing as well.
The fact of the matter was that the Sharks were trailing 2-0 at the time but were having a great time in the dugout playing the game. A curveball got away from the pitcher and the batter was hit in the helmet. She was fine and headed to 1st base when her dad came over from the 3rd base coaches box to check on her. No problem and I can certainly understand his concern.
The situation escalated when he came back to 3rd base and accused the Sharks of gunning for his daughter, setting off his other coaches and parents.
Sadly, this is a coach who had been with the Sharks last year and the 19 year old college player had been on the same 12u staff.
As an aside, the 19 year old coach is a college pitcher and has been in travel ball since she was 10. She has never been addressed about intentionally hitting a batter by a coach at any level.
Read into this what you will but our organization is in it for the girls, all of them, even those that don't play for us.

Neil Hogan
San Jose Lady Sharks
sjsharkie

by Stealing Home » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:40 am

Hey Fat Ass - my reply was not meant to imply why not hit a player, but rather the question at hand - "Does this really go on in 14u girls softball?"

Regardless of your soft side or anyone else - the answer is why not or yes it does. Accept it happens - regardless of the reasons.

Ovr Weight N Bald wrote:
Stealing Home wrote:Why not?

Please remember Stealing Home is about the lowest form of trash on Hey Bucket. The comment here just points to that.
Stealing Home

by Miken dad » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:31 am

lazyspectator wrote:First of all, I'd like to say hello to all of you. Newbie to the forum but not to the softball world. I was recently at my niece's fall tryout, with teamX. I was sitting near the dugout,where the teams catcher was talking and laughing about throwing at another teams pitcher in one of there recently played tournaments. I couldn't believe my ears! The coach walked by and had shut that convo down. Needless to say, my niece did not go back. Does this really go on in 14u girls softball?

That's pretty unbelieveable. I can't imagine a coach calling for that, but after reading on here and going to numerous games there are a lot of classless coaches outthere. Which team was it? if you don't mind me asking.
Miken dad

by rkoplowitz » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Several years ago my daughter was playing in a 12U game in Yuba City in a low level tournament. The opposing coach lost it after what he thought was a bad call. Next pitch his pitcher looks into the dugout, shakes her head no, seems to have been corrected, fires a fastball at my daughter. Long night in the urgent care center getting a cast on a broken elbow.
rkoplowitz

by rbi » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:02 pm

Now we have 12's "policing themselves", and head hunting! Cmon man you really serious, this is really lame.

Getting hit by a 60+mph pitch in head with the garbage they have for helmets, is no joke, my kid has been hit probably 10 times square in melon just in last few years of Gold, 2 times causing her to drop and be taken to hospital, this shit is no joke. Not ONE time did I ever feel it was intentional, well maybe one HS game but that was after she hit two bombs off same kid in one game, but other than that, intentional head shots if condoned those coach's need to be gone for life from the sport, or let them take one off the head and see how they like it, some people have no clue :evil:
Last edited by rbi on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal