Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Celebration of Life Service for Phil Mumma

by ssarge » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:01 am

I think by now most are aware that Phil Mumma lost his battle with cancer Monday night.

Phil has been my friend for many years, and I was an instructor along side him at the Sorcerer Academy. I am in contact with his daughters, and wanted to pass along the information about a memorial service.

Phil really desired a Celebration of Life type service, and that has indeed been planned. It will be held on Monday, October 14, at 6:30. The location is Hillside Covenant Church, 2060 Magnolia Way in Walnut Creek, CA.

All who knew Phil are welcome, and I would appreciate those reading this passing the word to others. And I am happy to field inquiries or questions.

ssarginson@astound.net.

My absolute highest regards,

Scott
ssarge

by LadyMagic83 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:43 pm

A truly sad day in the softball world. We have lost one of the best.

Our sincerest sympathies to Phil's family, friends and the entire Sorcerers Organization.

Thank you Phil.
LadyMagic83

by ssarge » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:37 am

I've had a number of people ask me about flowers or a memorial fund.

Phil and his family suggest a donation in Phil's name to the Esophageal Cancer Awareness Association.

www.ecaware.org/give/donate

Hope to see many friends at the service on October 14.

Best regards,

Scott
ssarge

by ssarge » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:19 am

There is a new Sorcerer web site, and an included element is a section allowing memorial comments for Phil. Please feel the freedom to post on the site at the link below.

http://sorcerersoftball.org/phil-mumma/

Thanks, and best regards,

Scott
ssarge

Return to NorCal