Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Central Valley Showcase

by Jerry Aldini » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:53 pm

Is it common practice for threads to be deleted? I understand that there are plenty of critics of this disgrace of a showcase, but is that a reason to keep everyone else in the dark? Maybe the site that can't keep up with all of the posts?
Jerry Aldini

by CheckWriter » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:09 pm

I was wondering the same thing and corresponded with #1 on the same thing. He said the posts quickly spiraled to include F-bombs and specific references to body parts that generally do not get singled out on HeyBucket (well except maybe SAM's avatar), hence the deletion of the thread. I think, in general #1 & Spaz do a decent job of deciding what stays (which is most of it) and what goes.

I think it is clear that the term Caveat Emptor applies here for next year.

JMO
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

by lookingIN » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:34 am

It was all bad and everyone knows it. Just dont attend next year. Jessie can't blame anyone but himself. I hope PGF learns about letting just anyone use their name to attract teams.
lookingIN

by bigballer » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:02 pm

This event was run poorly, but it has a ton of potential. What it needs is someone who has experience running tournaments, a relationship with PGF, connections with the big local and SoCal clubs. Does anyone fit that criteria? Hmmmm.....
bigballer

by Ovr Weight N Bald » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:13 pm

I can only imagine putting an event on of this size has to be extremely difficult. I know there were many issues with fields ump schedule changes etc.. I for one do not want to nor plan to go back, I am sure many who went to this event will not return either.

I am curious what would a connection to the major So Cal clubs do? Nor Cal Firecrackers has probably the closest relationship to one of the largest So Cal clubs around and they couldn't get teams to travel up last year when they tried to host a tourney. Fresno Force is even having a hard time getting the better So Cal teams to travel now.

Why does anyone in Nor Cal think the better teams in So Cal are going to get in a car and travel 4 to 5 hours minimum to play teams from Nor Cal when they can play the best teams in the country in their back yard and sleep in their own bed every weekend.
Ovr Weight N Bald

by FullCount » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:37 pm

Ovr Weight N Bald wrote:I can only imagine putting an event on of this size has to be extremely difficult. I know there were many issues with fields ump schedule changes etc.. I for one do not want to nor plan to go back, I am sure many who went to this event will not return either.

I am curious what would a connection to the major So Cal clubs do? Nor Cal Firecrackers has probably the closest relationship to one of the largest So Cal clubs around and they couldn't get teams to travel up last year when they tried to host a tourney. Fresno Force is even having a hard time getting the better So Cal teams to travel now.

Why does anyone in Nor Cal think the better teams in So Cal are going to get in a car and travel 4 to 5 hours minimum to play teams from Nor Cal when they can play the best teams in the country in their back yard and sleep in their own bed every weekend.

Bay Area Showcase this past weekend had several good teams in the "power bracket", including Mr. Rico himself... Only complaint about this tourney was the poor quality of the fields. Some of that $6/person needs to go back in to leveling those ridiculous, rolling infields :roll:
FullCount

by Kool-Aid » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:52 am

If you really want to you can pick apart ANY tourney there is, i mean Twin Creeks is a abused old slow pitch complex that Perales uses because of its location and number of fields. Those fields needed help 10 years ago, do i see him changing locations, hell no, the teams keep coming why would you.
Kool-Aid

Return to NorCal