Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

14u rankings line drive louie

by Claire » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:44 am

Line drive you said you were in 14u how about doing the 14u rankings?
Claire

by Outta Here! » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:33 am

Claire wrote:Line drive you said you were in 14u how about doing the 14u rankings?

Now is not the time to put together a 14U ranking list because several 99 teams are playing 16s and several 00 teams are relying on older players (99s and 98s) to get them through the fall.
Outta Here!

by linedrivelouie » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:01 pm

I have held back from doing any rankings for a few reasons.

1. I like to really get to know teams before I comment on them. With just moving into the age group I would like some time to really see who is doing what and gauge the level of competition the teams are playing.

2. As stated previously many of the better 14U are playing 16s

3. A lot of the 14s teams do have 98s playing down right now. Personally I think if you have 98's in fall you should not even be looked at for rankings.

I might try to put something out by the end of fall, more of a preview going into tryouts type of thing. Spring I will probably get a ranking on the 00 teams since I am comfortable with who they are and as the 99s roll out of High School around Memorial Day we will start to get real 14u rankings going.

Hope everyone understands why I am waiting. I will put the question out there though...

If the better 14s teams continue to play 16s, (which I suspect they will) do you guys want them included in the 14s rankings or would you rather they be listed separate? Maybe GT 23 could give us a hand there. He has been there n done that.
linedrivelouie

by Safe under the tag » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:42 pm

Welcome to 14u Louie, looking forward to your insight.
Safe under the tag

by onlooker » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:59 am

linedrivelouie wrote:
If the better 14s teams continue to play 16s, (which I suspect they will) do you guys want them included in the 14s rankings or would you rather they be listed separate? Maybe GT 23 could give us a hand there. He has been there n done that.

You dont need GT23's help :) it was all good, but keep it yours.

YES, because contrary to popular belief, the teams playing 16's arent all that in comparison to the teams still playing 14's. In addition, ALL of the 99 teams will be aiming for one thing, a 14U berth at a national event in 2014. Regardless of where their coach thinks they will get better (4 games in 16U vs 5-7 in 14U, you be the judge), they are going to have to play and beat local 14U teams in a matter of months to get to the prize they all want. Sure hope their fall gets them ready for that, would be nice to see more than 1 or 2 QUALIFY for a national event.
onlooker

by THE SWAMI » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:07 am

Line drive, I would like to see you put the 14's that are playing up (in 16's) in the 14's rankings. Just because they are playing up doesn't mean they cant/wont come back and get into some of the 14U tournaments. If they are playing up, odd's are they have a decent team and should be put in the mix.....
THE SWAMI

by GameTime23 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:34 am

Louie....I would do a Fall rankings and make note if a team was older playing up or down...Most 98's playing 18/16's in the fall...

Would also have end of Fall rankings...with a Pre Spring/Summer Rankings… updated after tryouts with player/coach movement....Make note of teams going dark and 1st yr 14's still playing local, So Cal and force tourneys.

Pre-rankings for MDC....Championship play updated rankings with PGF, ASA or TCS teams...and end of Summer rankings!!!! That's kind of the format we had followed in the past!!!

Louie keep up the good wk and I'll send you PM (with some good info on 14's)…..Hands down KG 14’s the team to beat!!!
GameTime23

by Saywhat44 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:16 pm

GT seems to have plenty of great advice. Will we have any type of early ranking or at least rundown of each team that moved up, switched names, moved around, etc.? Would be nice to have a comprehensive list with some insight (anything you have would be great). I just haven't seen too much of where everyone is at now. Thanks for continuing this for us Louie!
Saywhat44

Return to NorCal