Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

NorCal Dirtdogs

by Gottaluvit » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:25 am

The Central Cal Dirtdogs are proud to announce the addition of the NorCal Dirtdogs for the Spring/Summer 2014. The team will be Coached by Gary Ybarra and will be based out of the Sacramento/Folsom area. The team will be a 12U 2001 team. Any further questions please contact Gary Ybarra at (916) 622-7357 email norcaldirtdogs01@gmail.com
Good Luck Gary and Welcome!!!!
Gottaluvit

by gobblygoop » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:19 pm

Why the Norcal Dirt dogs? Or even the Cencal Dirt dogs for that matter? Is Norcal or Cencal so prestigious that you need to hang on to such a regional moniker to separate yourself from all of the other Dirt Dog teams? Do you have Firecracker envy? How about you put your big boy pants on and just call yourself, wait for it . . . . The Dirt Dogs! Or feel free to use the California Dirt dogs as well. No thanks necessary, but you are welcome!
gobblygoop

by Gottaluvit » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:33 pm

Hey Goop you don't have to like what any organization is called. Bottom line is you have no clue to what the bigger picture is and what Gary has plans for so why don't you cut some slack put on your big boy pants and quit complaining. Nobody is asking you to coach them or to bring your child to the team. Competitive teams are great to have around and you may not like the organization but it has a great reputation. Best of luck to you.
Gottaluvit

by Dozerdog » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:38 pm

Not to disrespect anyone, but this is exactly the problem with our area. How many teams do we need? This area has way to many teams in all of the younger age groups. I'm knocking coach Ybara or the Dirtdogs. From what I heard Ybara didn't field a team because of a lack of players at tryouts and the quality of the players that showed up. I don't know if this is fact or not but there are way to many teams that don't compete already adding another in the mix doesn't make sense to me. People complain about not being able to compete down south. Well this is part of the reason.
Dozerdog

by Gottaluvit » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:13 pm

I agree it can become watered down. However you don't know what the ultimate plan is regarding this. But if your still involved in about 2 to 3 years maybe you will have your answer. There are great programs in NorCal and there are some that aren't very good the only people who water down are those that complain about this or that coach and or organization.
Gottaluvit

by gobblygoop » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:33 pm

First off, Dog is 100% absolutely correct!

Secondly, Best of Luck Gary!

Thirdly,
You're right I don't know what Gary's plans are. But if his plans are to expand the Dirt Dogs it doesn't seem like he's thought it through very well. Also, I have no ill will towards the Dirt Dogs or Gary. Frankly, I could care less if they move North or even if Gary has a team. The whole point of my comment was, Why label a team Nor Cal? Is there something prestigious about that? Do you want to separate yourself from all of the other great Nor Cal Teams? The biggest, most successful orgs (Grapes/Breeze/Sorcerers) don't use Nor Cal. Why regionalize a team to a region that is the red-headed step child of regions. I understand it's a step up from California's armpit, otherwise called Cen Cal, but that doesn't make it any more prestigious. The Firecrackers use Nor Cal because they want differentiate between Nor Cal and their So Cal legacy. Plus they're everywhere, Texas, Arizona, Southern Cali, Northern Cali, and now San Diego (which is different than So Cal). It's all about messaging and branding. It's marketing 101. Pepsi and Coke never label themselves the #2 best cola in the U.S., do they? And don't worry, because I would never have my daughter play for a second tier org like the Cen Cal, er.. um.. Nor Cal Dirt Dogs.
gobblygoop

by Gottaluvit » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:10 pm

Goop grow up I'm not going to stoop to ignorance. I wish Gary the best and even you Goop.Hopefully I can meet you in person not behind a key board someday.
Gottaluvit

by noncrazynorcal » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:53 pm

Dozerdog wrote:From what I heard Ybara didn't field a team because of a lack of players at tryouts and the quality of the players that showed up. I don't know if this is fact or not but there are way to many teams that don't compete already adding another in the mix doesn't make sense to me.

Multiple rumors said that old Ybarra team was breaking up before they even had tryouts for fall. They left Mizuno All-American and 3 new 12u teams popped up in its place. It's got to be a good deal if Stewart moved over his really good Heat team to there, right?

The big drop-off after the first few 2001 teams is not going to be improved by adding another one, no matter how big the announcement :roll: is.
noncrazynorcal

by gobblygoop » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:29 pm

Gottaluvit, you must an RC drinker. I may be harsh, a bit nasty, and even childish but ignorant I'm not. Be careful what you hope for.
gobblygoop

by thing is ... » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:20 pm

[quoteby gobblygoop » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:29 pm
Gottaluvit, you must an RC drinker. I may be harsh, a bit nasty, and even childish but ignorant I'm not. Be careful what you hope for.][/quote]

My money is on ignorant. You must be really angry about something to not be able to wish a dad who is volunteering his time, for free, to coach a bunch of 12 year olds.

Way to go! You sure are super!
thing is ...

Next

Return to NorCal