Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Is it true?

by Shutupandplayball » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Is it true that the Hot Shot team that lost to the 12u monarchs last week just beat the NorCal Firecrackers 3-0 today?
Shutupandplayball

by onlooker » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:57 am

Shutupandplayball wrote:Is it true that the Hot Shot team that lost to the 12u monarchs last week just beat the NorCal Firecrackers 3-0 today?

You haven't been missed mr reid. LOL i'll just call this marketing and leave it at that.
onlooker

by Foul Ball Magnet » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:10 am

Oh boy here we go. I knew that something like this would be getting posted so lets set the facts straight.

The Hot Shots-Carter team did in fact lose to OBS-Cat two weeks ago... in a friendly tournament. Girls were getting work in secondary positions and #3 pitcher on the rubber. Not the Sunday lineup by any means. The score was like 5 to 4. Kudos to OBS-Cat. They have a great 12U team. Cat and Slice are outstanding coaches and they have their girls playing some great ball. Enjoy watching them play and they are on the short list of top 12U teams in Norcal.

That being said, the Hot Shots vs Firecrackers game yesterday was simply a great game. The Hot Shots jumped on the Crackers pitcher early, scored a couple runs and then rode some good pitching and good defense for the win. Firecrackers have a great team with a lot of talent and they did not beat themselves with sloppy play, it was a really good game.

I doubt the OBS-Cat team would come in and beat the Firecrackers just because they beat the Hot Shots in a friendly two weeks ago. The awesome thing is that is looks like OBS-Cat is playing up in 14's for the Grapes Survivor tourney next week so we MIGHT get to see them play each other.
Foul Ball Magnet

by Dozerdog » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:33 am

Foul Ball Magnet wrote:Oh boy here we go. I knew that something like this would be getting posted so lets set the facts straight.

The Hot Shots-Carter team did in fact lose to OBS-Cat two weeks ago... in a friendly tournament. Girls were getting work in secondary positions and #3 pitcher on the rubber. Not the Sunday lineup by any means. The score was like 5 to 4. Kudos to OBS-Cat. They have a great 12U team. Cat and Slice are outstanding coaches and they have their girls playing some great ball. Enjoy watching them play and they are on the short list of top 12U teams in Norcal.

That being said, the Hot Shots vs Firecrackers game yesterday was simply a great game. The Hot Shots jumped on the Crackers pitcher early, scored a couple runs and then rode some good pitching and good defense for the win. Firecrackers have a great team with a lot of talent and they did not beat themselves with sloppy play, it was a really good game.

I doubt the OBS-Cat team would come in and beat the Firecrackers just because they beat the Hot Shots in a friendly two weeks ago. The awesome thing is that is looks like OBS-Cat is playing up in 14's for the Grapes Survivor tourney next week so we MIGHT get to see them play each other.

Please don't drag us little 11 and 12 year olds into this we had nothing to do with it. Our girls just want to play hard against the best competition we can. Congrats to the Hot Shots on a nice win over a quality team. By know means does this mean we feel we can beat any team because of a another game against a common opponent.
Dozerdog

by slice » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Hello y'all, this should be FUN. I like to read most times, but this requires response.

Foul Ball, lets indeed set the FACTS STRAIGHT!! ;)

I'll preference this by stating I have great respect for Coach Carter, Staff and his team and this is not directed towards HIM or THEM…….just FOUL BALL. I’m sure his team as well as ours was trying to play hard and compete as well in that FRIENDLY GAME!!....Secondary positions, #3 pitcher, #1 catcher, girls getting in work, not the Sunday line up :roll: ……c’mon that’s YOUR excuse…..not Coach C's. I guess we had our Sunday best going strong huh. A little info here……we did the same with our little ole 11 year old pitcher learning and throwing at 43ft. :) BTW Final 7 to 4 I think, but whose keeping score. :o I could really careless who we play or the final tally……I’m way more concerned of how we perform &........EXECUTE!! as a team. I have been a part of many big wins & tough heartbreaking losses in "FRIENDLY GAMES" and Tournaments (Locally, Regionally and Nationally). So in short don’t put us in YOUR fight by trying to disrespect our Team with what we did in that….."FRIENDLY GAME"!! Cause if you were REALLY REALLY watching, well…………….was it a fair or foul ball? :?

Hot Shots v Firecracker game….good game??….2 bad calls including the Firecrackers catcher (01) never touching that….FOUL BALL!!

You doubt we would beat the Firecrackers; FACT is whose knows…..maybe, maybe not. However there is NO DOUBT who won that....."FRIENDLY GAME"…..with all the girls on both sides “JUST GETTING IN SOME WORK IN THERE SECONDARY POSITIONS”!! :roll:

Several of those girls currently playing on the Firecrackers, played for me at 10s…..when in FACT nobody BEAT them in Nor CAL.... :D

Another FACT: OBS-Cat is a 12-U team. We will play as a 12-U team against 12-U team competition; when appropriate we will or might play 14s. The FACT is a team or player needs to learn how to win and DOMINATE in your own age group first before trying other ages. As of now, we have 9 months left on this age contract.

Last FACT: Good win for Hot Shots, but leave it there. Hopefully we’ll have a chance to play again when girls on both sides will be in their Primary positions and playing “FOR REAL” and not just taking the afternoon or day off!! :lol:

Thanks for the compliments towards our team and coaching staff that is truly appreciated…. 8-)

Oh yeah for those out there who know me I’m far, far away from being sensitive…… :P

Again this is not directed towards Coach Carter, Staff or the Hot Shots Team…….I just want the FACTS! to be Fair with FOULLL Ball!!
slice

by Foul Ball Magnet » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:28 pm

slice wrote:Hello y'all, this should be FUN. I like to read most times, but this requires response.

Foul Ball, lets indeed set the FACTS STRAIGHT!! ;)

I'll preference this by stating I have great respect for Coach Carter, Staff and his team and this is not directed towards HIM or THEM…….just FOUL BALL. I’m sure his team as well as ours was trying to play hard and compete as well in that FRIENDLY GAME!!....Secondary positions, #3 pitcher, #1 catcher, girls getting in work, not the Sunday line up :roll: ……c’mon that’s YOUR excuse…..not Coach C's. I guess we had our Sunday best going strong huh. A little info here……we did the same with our little ole 11 year old pitcher learning and throwing at 43ft. :) BTW Final 7 to 4 I think, but whose keeping score. :o I could really careless who we play or the final tally……I’m way more concerned of how we perform &........EXECUTE!! as a team. I have been a part of many big wins & tough heartbreaking losses in "FRIENDLY GAMES" and Tournaments (Locally, Regionally and Nationally). So in short don’t put us in YOUR fight by trying to disrespect our Team with what we did in that….."FRIENDLY GAME"!! Cause if you were REALLY REALLY watching, well…………….was it a fair or foul ball? :? ...

Not trying to disrespect any teams. The original poster must have a grudge or wants to start another crap thread against the Firecrackers. The only reason I posted was because it was implied that the Hot Shots team was somehow an inferior team by losing to a 12U team and therefore the Firecrackers are also inferior for losing to the Hot Shots yesterday. All three teams are good teams with good coaching. Will leave it at that.
Foul Ball Magnet

by NumeroUno » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Shouldn't it be just a yes or no answer? They either lost or they didn't :)

I don't care care about the weather or if the stars were out of line or little RayRay had the flu..

did they or didn't they win? :lol:
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by GameTime23 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:44 am

UNO .....you know ray ray from KG....she's a BEAST!!

Hehehhahahahh

Slice....classic

I bet red/white and blue would love to have u back!!!!!
GameTime23

by lookingIN » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:52 am

I think the RayRay Uno is refering to is a Legend in So Cal . The team could not win without her. Her daddy glasses were like Tri Focal. You got to go read up on it. Really fun stuff in there. It should be in the Classics section. As for all this chatter here, I love 12U parents and coaches. Keep it intresting.
lookingIN

by NumeroUno » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:13 pm

lookingIN wrote:I think the RayRay Uno is refering to is a Legend in So Cal . The team could not win without her. Her daddy glasses were like Tri Focal. You got to go read up on it. Really fun stuff in there. It should be in the Classics section. As for all this chatter here, I love 12U parents and coaches. Keep it intresting.

That's the RayRay we all know and love :)
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

Return to NorCal