Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Traveling for no reason

by oth6 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:40 pm

What tournament are they going to (or did) play in?
oth6

by blue1956 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:56 pm

Dozerdog wrote:
blue1956 wrote:Any weak tournament in so cal is 10 time better than a so called good tournament in nor cal.... Nor cal just don't get it do they so cal is softball mecca!!! just saying

Really? Just playing in SoCal doesnt mean you are playing strong teams. Ibviously the top teams in SoCal have been and usually are tops in the country. But to say a weak SoCal tournament is better than any so called good tournament here is ignorant. I know alot of people gave the Lions crap about running through a silver bracket in SoCal but even the parents i havevralked to from that team said the teams they played in that sunday bracket where terrible. I also talked to a Breeze parent who told me the teams they played where not good.

silver bracket are you kidding me!! come back when you can at least make a gold bracket... your right don't waste your time coming down to only make a silver bracket...
blue1956

by POP Time » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:22 pm

blue1956 wrote:silver bracket are you kidding me!! come back when you can at least make a gold bracket... your right don't waste your time coming down to only make a silver bracket...

WHOA!!!! Wait a second.... Are you saying the Silver Bracket win is not a Championship????
With all the pics floating around on Facebook a few weeks ago I would have swore LTG actually won something. I do notice now they cropped the Silver Bracket out of the pic... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
POP Time

by Saywhat44 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:51 pm

Ahh pop, I see you're still an asshole that's hating on LTG. How's that Foothill gold team that you allegedly played for? You're just one person on a mission to talk shit about certain teams. Don't get how you can be so negative.

Personally, I don't think it's that bad for a team to play up for 1 or 2 tourneys, just to get their feet wet. I saw OBS play up and then Lady Spartans played up. The transition to 14's has been as expected for my DD and her team. I saw the OBS pitcher and she seemed to do well playing up. Her ball slowed but the movement was more apparent. Ultimately, It's all about the pitching!
Saywhat44

by POP Time » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:53 am

Saywhat44 wrote:Ahh pop, I see you're still an asshole that's hating on LTG. How's that Foothill gold team that you allegedly played for? You're just one person on a mission to talk shit about certain teams. Don't get how you can be so negative.

Oh yes I am an asshole... Or wait am I just saying what everyone is thinking???? To set the record straight I don't hate on LTG or look to talk sh*% on certain teams. I spread my love around. If you make stupid statements daily I will call you on them. LTG parents and coaches just seem to make more than most :)

Saywhat44 wrote:Personally, I don't think it's that bad for a team to play up for 1 or 2 tourneys, just to get their feet wet. I saw OBS play up and then Lady Spartans played up. The transition to 14's has been as expected for my DD and her team. I saw the OBS pitcher and she seemed to do well playing up. Her ball slowed but the movement was more apparent. Ultimately, It's all about the pitching!

You are showing your lack of reading skills again. This thread is about traveling for no reason not playing up. I will say at least LTG traveled to a tourney with actual teams in it. Sucks they couldn't hang but at least they gave it a shot. By the way OBS has not played 14's in a tourney (A few friendly games, yes) and the ball doesn't slow down, it just takes longer to get there from 43ft.
POP Time

by onlooker » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:38 am

The real statement being made here is...hey we are better than you, why and the F would you go to So Cal just to get your a$$e$ handed to you? I hear it every frikin year. To me that is all the subject is about. lets point out the teams who have no business going. listen.......

Going to so cal is what softball / volleyball / lacrosse / you frikin name the sport / teams do. We all do it because it is part of the f'n experience of playing youth sports and childhood. The ability to ride in a car for 7 hours, get out and be in 75 degree heat 30 minutes from white sand beaches and donald f'n ducks home. The entire experience, running up and down the halls of the hotel with teammates, maybe having a team dinner, maybe drawing a f'n heart in the sand at the beach and taking a team picture, maybe they stay an extra night and not have to go to school Monday. Maybe even see donald f'n duck.

I have left out SOOOOO many things on the memories that are made and what the experience is really about for 99% of the teams going to So Cal.

NONE of what i said has a f'n thing to do with softball, or winning or losing a f'n game. Get your head our of your a$$.
onlooker

by Old man softball » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:00 pm

All that stuff sounds like a load of fun. All I'm saying is that u can do that fun stuff at a good tournament
Old man softball

by Bigbats12 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:51 am

Great post Onlooker! I like the new Onlooker!

Experiences are the key for these kids. I think it's crazy some folks want to blow up others based on their choices. Who cares what other teams are doing! My DD has played on some decent teams that did their fair share of traveling. Sure we play to win but after all is said and done, our team has a good time nonetheless. The tournament championship trophy shelf is a little bare but there is an abundance of memories, pictures, and lasting friendships (for her and the whole family) gained over the years.

These experiences and memories will last a whole heck of a lot longer than her college and professional softball career. What? You are telling me pro softball is not an option? That 99.99% of these girls will actually have to get a real job after college? Ahh Hell..... Why am I investing all of this money in travel softball when I could be saving it for college...?
Bigbats12

by CTCBAT » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:05 am

Onlooker makes great points.

Here is another point. The 1st time my kid was on a team we played in Stockton and got beat up. The coach came out and said next spring we're going to Vegas, SoCal, and Fresno. I was like why? Here is what happened. We lost...and miserably. The kids came back and got better. We went down south and won some games. We've been down there enough to play around .500 ball. I've been a dozen times or more now.

Being exposed to people who have out worked you causes you to look at yourself and say hey...I can do that, too. Exposure is good for the kids. Losing has it's place. If kids never lost they would stop working. Some figure out they have to outwork their competition. Others are 6' tall and man strong naturally. The win/loss stuff is nice, but it's a small part of the equation.
CTCBAT

by allugot » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:12 pm

Nice....very nice, CTCBAT!
allugot

Previous

Return to NorCal