Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Team Churning Normal?

by sacval00dad » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:39 am

My Kid has only played travel ball for a couple years, so maybe this is a newbie question. Is this much churning of teams normal? We're in Sac and at the end of summer we saw a half dozen teams blow up or change flags. Looks like about the same number is happening now at the end of fall.

Is this normal? This might contribute to the lack of success for many teams. If you cant even keep coaches, teams and organizations together, how can you expect to keep a core of 8+ girls together to grow into a solid team?
sacval00dad

by Black&Red00 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:04 pm

Totally normal especially in the younger age divisions. My DD went 14u this fall and man is there a big difference between the crazy parents in 12u and the less crazy parents at 14u. I have friends whose DDs are still in 12u. I would go watch some of those games and I do not miss it. I say this because I want you to know there is hope. 10u and 12u it is all about whose kid is best and one uping everyone. As they get older it seems the game becomes more about the girls and less about the parents' egos.
Black&Red00

Return to NorCal