Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Firecrackers Have A New Safe N Sane Version????

by Bleacher bug » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:08 am

So I have been hearing rumors for a week or so now that Firecrackers are bringing on a few new teams to Nor Cal....

I was shocked to hear that, what is left of Mizuno Coronado is one of the new teams.

I guess the Firecrackers are trying a new Northern California version with this?? This must be the Safe N Sane version?? You know the one that looks good but when you put it into action it just makes a lot of noise and has no pop!!

Someone tell me this is rumor... I have not seen this actually announced but many have heard this direct from Coach Coronado...

If this is true Cracker parents anywhere in the country should be pissed!!!
Bleacher bug

by noncrazynorcal » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:15 am

What they are relying on is that most parents will look at the name on the jersey, not on the coaching roster. Even if many people think it is watered down, TR is thrilled with the growth of his brand name. He's got over 50 teams now which means over 500 families paying at least $10 a month just to put the name on their official gear.

A coach wants the best players they can get and if paying extra franchise fees means being able to more easily recruit one more strong player or two, then they will do it. But how will parents know if team X is the REAL Norcal FC if there are more than one team in a division?? No, my DD did not try out for the Firecrackers, Hype, or Rapids.
noncrazynorcal

by Bob Uecker » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:32 am

I see that Stone from Mizuno '99 just announced that they will be holding tryouts for Firecrackers too. So lets see....with Coronado that will make three '00 teams and now a '99 team. That's four teams in 14U?!!

Here is the thing that bothers me I guess is here you have an organization with a good reputation where you try and get the best of the best to tryout but then you add two coaches with less than "good" reputations to their org. Sorry Firecrackers I just lost a lot of respect for your org. Coronado and Stone leave Mizuno where both combined don't equal .500 ball even if you separate them just by looking at their records for the past couple of years.

Now it looks like your just after the $$$. Don't blame you I guess
Bob Uecker

by Ovr Weight N Bald » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:35 pm

Actually makes 5. You forgot about Millers Team. Then again they won't play much 14's and will represent everywhere they go.
Ovr Weight N Bald

by Dozerdog » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:51 pm

Also if the rumors are true they will be adding a 12s team along with a 10s team that has put out tryout dates that will put them at 9 or 10 teams. They went from 1 solid team to 10 teams in a fall season. So much for prestige.
Dozerdog

by Old man softball » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:00 pm

They will always fill ant team they start because they have the best fan ware. Come on dozerdog who doesn't want one of those hats with the little firecracker on it.
Old man softball

by Wilson Bats » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:12 pm

It looks as if they have entered the 18gold market when they allowed Bill Dilvan announce his tryouts. He then proceeded to email every player in the Sacramento area to invite them to tryouts.
Wilson Bats

by Old man softball » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:39 pm

I hear thru the grapevine that lady Spartans 01 will be a firecrackers team in the spring don't know if it is true has anybody else heard the same rumor.
Old man softball

by sacval00dad » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:54 pm

I've seen Coronado in action, and while he is not a superstar, he is a better coach than his record. The problem with his teams is they have only been about 6 deep with talent. This happens when your flag doesn't draw talent to the tryouts. Mizuno brought in 3 new teams for the beginning fall and is losing 3 at the end of fall. That tells me something too.

What makes a great coach? Is Sjolie great? Or did he have a good roster that got better when the Heat died? An organization doesn't make it with a bad coach, but a good coach can have a great team under an organization that draws talent.
sacval00dad

by Bleacher bug » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:59 am

sacval00dad wrote:I've seen Coronado in action, and while he is not a superstar, he is a better coach than his record. The problem with his teams is they have only been about 6 deep with talent. This happens when your flag doesn't draw talent to the tryouts. Mizuno brought in 3 new teams for the beginning fall and is losing 3 at the end of fall. That tells me something too.

Let not get to silly here. Though I am not a KJ fan All American has little to do with the lack of success at the Coronado tryouts. Maybe the fact the guy can't keep players longer then a half season is the first problem. The guy has zero softball coaching backround. Who wants a 14u softball coach with 1 year experience of softball coaching

sacval00dad wrote:What makes a great coach? Is Sjolie great? Or did he have a good roster that got better when the Heat died?
Made my point for me. comparing Sjolie n Coronado is like Apples n Jello, Sjolie had to be doing something right to draw players when Heat went away because obviously under your thought process nobody would show up to a Rapids tryout... If memory serves that team was pretty good before they became Firecrackers. Sjolie at least has a prior coaching background.

Org name has little to do with it in this case. If the coach is a jack ass players won't come. If players show because of an org name they will soon leave when they see the coach has no clue.
Bleacher bug

Next

Return to NorCal