Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Firecrackers Have A New Safe N Sane Version????

by noncrazynorcal » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:44 am

Old man softball wrote:I hear thru the grapevine that lady Spartans 01 will be a firecrackers team in the spring don't know if it is true has anybody else heard the same rumor.

Spartans 03 coach has announced that he's moving to Firecrackers. That would be his 4th team in a year. I don't know about Spartans 01. I thought they would be finishing 12u with the Spartans but things change all the time. That would be a surprise move IMO but is maybe something that would help them before going to 14u next fall.
noncrazynorcal

by POP Time » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Old man softball wrote:I hear thru the grapevine that lady Spartans 01 will be a firecrackers team in the spring don't know if it is true has anybody else heard the same rumor.

Rumor is true.... Spartans are now Firecrackers. Honestly for Steve and Tish it is probably a good thing they got into a bigger org which they have wanted for some time. For the parents time will tell. I hear fees have double from what they were last season?? As a parent I would ask why?? You will be lied to and told some type of Org response like we are playing in So Cal more blah blah blah... Bottom line the tourneys are almost the same cost until you get older. The extra is to put the name on the chest, if you think otherwise your funny. Don't get me wrong I think name has a lot to do with things down the road so I am not saying its a bad thing I am just say know it now and understand it.

This next part has nothing to do with Steve or the 12u team because I like the guy and have said it before I think he is a good coach.

This would be an all age question, Silvan, Stone, Coronado, Price, Vasquez and what ever others will follow tomorrow.

All of these people who get excited about the Firecrackers crack me up. Answer two questions!!! Would you have stayed with the team you are on had the name not changed to Firecrackers?? Would you have gone to that coaches tryouts had their name not changed to firecrackers.

If your answer is Yes to both then it is a great move for you.

If your answer is No to both your an idiot for staying on the team or going to the team. The Org name will not change the coaching style of the coach or the way he or she runs the team.
POP Time

by Old man softball » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:26 pm

I'm telling you pop it all has to do with fan ware. FC has the coolest hats!! :lol: :lol:
Old man softball

by noncrazynorcal » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:03 pm

That's a good point POP. Maybe Stone deserves another look after all!
noncrazynorcal

by CTCBAT » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:39 pm

I do think that the allure is to move to something that will give you a shot and drawing a player from another team. It's too bad they are doing it under the Firecracker umbrella, but the reality is they kind of have to. It's tough being a new organization. It's pretty much the only way you can reinvent yourself and win now.

All the same if this group of new NCF teams were to start their own thing I would respect it a little more, but that is just me. They hype around Fastpitch softball makes people forget these are kids and amateur players. This sport has become monetized. It's a shame!
CTCBAT

by onlooker » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:48 pm

So does the talent who has already left Stone, Coronado and whoever else come running back because they are firecrackers now? Im hearing from some of those parents and the reply has been no chance. Lipstick on pig is what one parent told me :) I laughed.
onlooker

by CTCBAT » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:15 pm

onlooker wrote:So does the talent who has already left Stone, Coronado and whoever else come running back because they are firecrackers now? Im hearing from some of those parents and the reply has been no chance. Lipstick on pig is what one parent told me :) I laughed.

Right. I am not saying "it's going to work" but I am saying I get the effort.
CTCBAT

by CTCBAT » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:29 pm

While people talk there are some coaches no matter what has been said get talent to go to them. Don Mashburn, who has been talked about to death, gets talent to play for him. ILB, who gets bashed because he is who he is, gets talent to go play for him. I don't think you can say that because a certain family left that another one doesn't see it as an opportunity.

I have a scenario for you. Kid A plays for team X. She has a down year. Team X posts we're looking for player A's position. Don't think the family of player A is feeling the loyalty. Player A goes to play for one of the teams mentioned who need bodies and it works.

I wouldn't be surprised if all these teams come out strong in the Spring/Summer
CTCBAT

by sacval00dad » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:05 pm

So Coronado just posted his Tryouts for AA Mizuno on DF. Maybe he is staying there instead of jumping to the Crackers because a bunch of jerks that have never had their DD play for him talking shit on HB, maybe not. My DD has played for him and I found him to be a knowledgable and capable coach. We left that team because we were done with KJ, and would not hesitate to play for Coronado again with a different organization. I know winning draws talent to your tryouts, but an organization name can also keep it away.
sacval00dad

by Dozerdog » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:05 am

So I know my spelling sucks! :lol: But my math is usually pretty good. Me and friend counted all the Furecracker team in are area now and came up with 11. Not only do we have 9 NorCal Firecrackers teams, we will now have 2 Firecracker -Blanco teams. Really? Can some one explain to me the benefit of playing for a Furecracker team as opposed to playing for say a Grapettes Team with the same level of coaching?
Dozerdog

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal