Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

What is the average cost of a TB team up to now???

by realtalk » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:04 pm

You might pick up your ball, bat and glove if you found out that Cal Nuggets 14/12U were $3300 :o
realtalk

by realtalk » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:11 pm

Can somebody get me some dads to coach again!
realtalk

by fairball » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:46 pm

You might pick up your ball, bat and glove if you found out that Cal Nuggets 14/12U were $3300

No way. Where did you get that information? Is that legit? :shock:
fairball

by jc14bar » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:10 pm

I read this with laughter and a smile on my face.

Quit drinking the "A" or "Gold" ball kool aid. quit jumping from team to team, With this orginzation and that club starting up the cost are through the roof, and you have NO IDEA where those funds are going. Are all these clubs 501 (c)(3)? Does the coach, handle money? Do you get recipts, and a budget? New uniforms each year, with new bat bags, etc. And for those that have big name sponsers.... What are they paying for???

I manage a 14U B-level travel ball team. We played in 8 tournaments starting in June and ending in Aug. We played in 5 ASA A ball tournaments, 1 AW tournmament, and 2 ASA B tournaments. Our girls recived 2 uniform shirts with their names on the back. Coaches recived 2 new shirts. Because we are affliated with a league equipment is already in place. The cost to my parents......................$360.00, AND we refunded 80.00 to my parents due to the fundraiseing that was done. (firework booth, and hosting a tournament) 280.00..... Played in the same tournaments as most of you...... and may have beat a few.....

Look back into your local B program. Remember as a B team you can play up and challenge your girls, but you have the support of your local league.

While it looks like I am bragging a bit, and I might be, I think the basis of this article is, CHECK OUR WHERE YOUR MONEY IS GOING!!!!!. Nobody should be paying 3300 and travel expenses etc. True we are not flying across the country, and we only did 2 overnight trips, you don't need to spend thousands of dollars to give your DD a positive softball experence....

Especially at 12U.

---out---
jc14bar

by CTCBAT » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:37 am

The difference between your 14B team and an A team that is competing in PGF is the tournament fees are not the same.

Sparkler Jr fee is $1650 for one tournament.
PGF Nationals is around the same cost.
Zoom into June is $800

Just those three tournaments alone divided by 15 players is $273.

There are teams who just spend and pass on the bill.
There are teams that don't travel because they don't want the cost
There are also teams that do it right.

If you know what you're paying for and are content...who am I to judge?
CTCBAT

by fansoftball » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:52 pm

well said ctcbat...its safe to say you've only scratched the surface when pointing out differences between a legit "A" travel team and the local rec "B" squad.
fansoftball

Previous

Return to NorCal