Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

are you an unsigned 2013 pitcher?

by dirt in the skirt » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:12 pm

I have an out of state college looking for an immediate pitcher, they offer full scholarship and have an outstanding record, if interested pleases contact me asap.
thank you
Chris ball
Norcal Diehards Fastpitch
925 354 7243
cballdh@yahoo.com
dirt in the skirt

by onlooker » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:10 am

with all due respect....is this how it works? you know a coach who told you they need a freshman pitcher and have a scholarship ready for any warm body you find on an internet forum? i must be naive, dont the colleges have their own heybucket to post ads? hehehe or is this how it works? sorry for my ignorance, but as most know im a little skeptical.....what im really thinking is (and im probably off base).....isnt this great timing to post somehting like this during your org tryouts? just a hunch, im probably wrong and making light of an opportunity that is real for some young lady....i apologize if so, but i had to point out that i think its a nor cal diehards ad.....im ok with being wrong on this one though :)
onlooker

by truth325 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:48 am

Your post for a pitcher is just strange, on so many levels. "Hey look at me, I know a college coach"
truth325

by dirt in the skirt » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:03 pm

well onlooker You are wrong!...we have many relationships with colleges and I received a call from a school that lost a pitcher and are looking to fill that spot immediately, its called networking...we have two pitchers on our gold team one is signed and leaving in august and the other one is 13 years old, hence the post for a pitcher that may have gotten lost in the cracks and could possibly have a great opportunity to continue playing while working on their degree,
is it such a bad thing to try to help out a player and or school that needs a position filled?..it in no way benefits our organization other then doing the right thing. too many people are focused on what's in it for them instead of asking what we can do for our players regardless of who they play for.
have a great weekend
Chris ball
dirt in the skirt

by dirt in the skirt » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:25 pm

better yet superstars,
why don't you help out in maybe seeing if there is a player out that that would like a shot at college ball, here is the contact information for the coach at Northern Oklahoma Jamie Roberts ...Jamie.roberts@noc.edu,let her know I sent ya! she's a great coach that gets it, im sure she would appreciate the help and I know that any pitcher that didn't get signed would appreciate your help as well.....so there ya go do the right thing and help out.
thank you for your time and consideration
sincerely
Chris ball
dirt in the skirt

by Tenshun » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:41 pm

The post doesn't seem strange at all to me. Maybe the coach lost a pitcher for whatever reason and has an immediate need. I'm sure there are probably some unsigned pitchers looking for a home and this is a potential opportunity.
No courage. No game.
Tenshun

by Fly Out » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:53 pm

Couldn't agree more with Spaz and Tenshun

Shows you how little many parents like those who are trash talking this know about the process. I have seen 3 or 4 of these emails this last fall. As a coach one of the best ways to get the word out on a late need is use the network of coaches you trust. My first thought was Chris didn't know one or many so he went a step forward to help. First thing I did after reading this post was forward it to a coach I know, who knows a few who fit the need.

Good Looking Out Chris
Fly Out

by onlooker » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:29 pm

cool, so YES, this is how it can work....I made no bones about being naive, I will continue to ask these kinds of questions FOREVER.....I too thought it could be real thats why i waited a couple days to NOT be the first one to quetion it, I just couldnt wait anymore. I can't be (and wasn't) the only one who raised an eyebrow.
onlooker

by CheckWriter » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:23 pm

Not unusual to see coaches themselves post stuff like this on UCS.

Spy softball used to have a running post on unsigned seniors. Don't know if Rayburn is still doing that.
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

by THE SWAMI » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:44 pm

A 13 year old on a 18 gold team :?: :?:
THE SWAMI

Return to NorCal