Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Spring 10U NorCal

by off the walls » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:31 pm

No I dont agree with their assessment. I'm just an observer of 10U. It just came across as a put down. I for one am glad you clarified it.
Thanks.
off the walls

by uknow3127 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:11 am

Wow!! What a weekend of softball!! Here is how I would rank em after this weekend at the Force Classic.

1. Ca Breeze; it's not even close here. After beating one of the SoCal powerhouse teams in Power Surge, it's clear cut this team is hands down best team in NorCal but has to be In conversation for best team in state. We will see in SoCal in two weeks at Mothers Day Classic when ALL top teams will be there.

2. KG Hitters; KG also had a phenomenal weekend. This team can really bang the ball. Problem is their pitching. It's just good not great. They had a great run to the final game with the Breeze, beating a very talented Batbuster team. They will also be in SoCal for Mother's Day tourney.

3. Clovis Rockets; This team is so scrappy!! They battle at the plate and are strong defensively. They don't have the firepower at the plate the top two have even though they beat KG on Saturday. They have to prove they can win on Sunday.

4. NorCal Smackers; Moose is pulling miracles out of this team. They are very well coached and play very hard. They can play with everybody on this list but don't have the talent to get over the hump.

5. Dirt Dogs;
uknow3127

by Baller454 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:07 pm

Great weekend of softball in Fresno. Totally agree! A little wet to begin with but the sun came out and all was good.

uknown3127 posted the top 5 teams...

1. Ca Breeze
2. KG Hitters
3. Clovis Rockets
4. NorCal Smackers
5. Dirt Dogs;

I agree with 4 out of the 5.

4 NorCal Smackers. The other teams on this list have made good/strong Sunday runs but Smackers are yet too. These other teams are definately improving from solid coaching.

I think the fun team to watch is the Rockets. Maybe not the best but the most fun to watch! And no I am not a Rockets parent. Just telling it like it is.
Baller454

by pinoypride1977 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:27 pm

uknow3127 wrote:Wow!! What a weekend of softball!! Here is how I would rank em after this weekend at the Force Classic.

1. Ca Breeze; it's not even close here. After beating one of the SoCal powerhouse teams in Power Surge, it's clear cut this team is hands down best team in NorCal but has to be In conversation for best team in state. We will see in SoCal in two weeks at Mothers Day Classic when ALL top teams will be there.

2. KG Hitters; KG also had a phenomenal weekend. This team can really bang the ball. Problem is their pitching. It's just good not great. They had a great run to the final game with the Breeze, beating a very talented Batbuster team. They will also be in SoCal for Mother's Day tourney.

3. Clovis Rockets; This team is so scrappy!! They battle at the plate and are strong defensively. They don't have the firepower at the plate the top two have even though they beat KG on Saturday. They have to prove they can win on Sunday.

4. NorCal Smackers; Moose is pulling miracles out of this team. They are very well coached and play very hard. They can play with everybody on this list but don't have the talent to get over the hump.

5. Dirt Dogs;

saw some great games this weekend breeze is by far the best nor cal team. that power surge team is no joke. I think the power surge pitcher is the same one that held KG to 1 base runner in vegas and breeze was able to beat them. they had just blown out dirt dogs with a different pitcher. I think that's the difference with nor cal and so cal is so cal teams have 2-3 legitimate pitchers per team. that was also a great win for KG showing vegas might of been a fluke beating the team that won the vegas tournament was a good showing. I have to admit though I was more shocked with that outcome then I was with the breeze game great tournament and can't wait till mother's day where they other top so cal teams will be for sure so the road will be a lot tougher facing 3 good teams back to back to back on a sunday good luck to all and keep up the hard work. great softball at the 10u level
pinoypride1977

by Dwong10118 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:39 pm

I see Breeze is tropy hunting at NSA tournaments. Stealing signs seem to be their motto! Can't wait till a good team beat them at a NSA tournament. Maybe going to Tennessee will bring them back down to earth!
Dwong10118

by Dozerdog » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:49 pm

Dwong10118 wrote:I see Breeze is tropy hunting at NSA tournaments. Stealing signs seem to be their motto! Can't wait till a good team beat them at a NSA tournament. Maybe going to Tennessee will bring them back down to earth!

You mean like winning Fresno Force or finishing 2nd at MDC in SoCal? How do you know why they are playing in an NSA tournament? Maybe they are getting some girls work in different positions. Also is a team that is better then most suppose to not play tournaments because they are to good? Maybe it's the only place to play that weekend. If your kid is in that NSA tournament you should hope she gets a chance to play that team so she can see what that next level looks like. Good Luck at national Breeze!
Dozerdog

by Dwong10118 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:19 pm

I don't mindmy girls playing higher competition, as a matter of fact that's the only way for a team to get better is to play "better competition", but if you need to go to Elk Grove to work on stuff then something is wrong. What is there to gain from Breeze's standpoint! A bigger head maybe. Maybe we should go play an all star team or a rec team. To me that's just to pad their already cocky ego! We know your 10U team can hit pitching at 45- 47 and we know you pitch at 53-54, and you know that too so what's there to prove!
Dwong10118

by moosemcnair@aol.com » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:00 pm

I have to side with Dozerdog on this one. The Breeze is the team to beat at 10U. They have proven themselves as the best around these parts and very very good beyond these parts. They have a balanced team of pitching, defense, and hitting. They are well coached and I know the players and staff work extremely hard. Some of the better NorCal teams have come close to beating them, but they still have come out on top, even if it is by a run or two. NorCal teams should be happy to have them around, and happy to play against them. I think they are legit and will do well in Tennessee. I hope they do well in Tennessee and I hope it sets the bar for NorCal teams to raise their games for the future.

As far as playing in a NSA tournament. 1)They have to play somewhere. 2) They played Vegas, Fresno, SoCal, and are going to Tennessee. How much travel and money spent do you expect from a 10U team. You sound silly when you attack them for entering a tournament that they are just as eligible to play in as any other 10U team. From what I know the Breeze is building bridges with SoCal teams to come play friendlies in NorCal against the right teams. Being a great 10U team is tough, because if you play 12's for a tournament, you have a different size ball and pitch and hit from 40 feet. 10U hitters that see 50MPH and can hit it are reacting much faster than the average 12U hitter sees from 40 feet. So what is a good 10U team to do if they can't get a great 10U friendly on a weekend to get better, well maybe play a NSA tournament (Elk Grove is an easy commute)instead of not play at all!!! It is easy to attack, but this Breeze team has the added pressure of not having a bad day ever. What a great bonus, if you are playing NSA and get a game or two against the Breeze.

Go Breeze, good luck in Tenn. and represent NorCal well!!!!
moosemcnair@aol.com
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pine_Rider » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:09 pm

Wow DWong10118, nibbling on some sour grapes? Cocky egos? Have you interacted with any of those little girls? They work their butts off to win those games. Traveling to SoCal every weekend to play is obviously out of the question so maybe the NorCal teams need to offer more competitive play. Instead of bashing a 10U team (seriously...you get this upset at 10s? 10U??) why don't you take a step back and appreciate the effort and drive of those young ladies. And if you can't beat them, join them. Take your special snowflake over to tryouts in Fall.
Pine_Rider

by THE SWAMI » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:57 am

Dwong10118---- I dont have a dog in this fight, but calling them out for "trophy chasing" is rediculous ! Go to their website and take a look. They already have about 10 championships! If I had to guess, your pissed because they came in and put an A$$ whoopen on your kids team....As far as why they were there? I cant answer that. I dont think there were any local ASA tournaments last weekend, and you dont just "decide" to drive to Los Angeles, those tournaments are planned out long in advance.

"by Dwong10118 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:39 pm

I see Breeze is tropy hunting at NSA tournaments. Stealing signs seem to be their motto! Can't wait till a good team beat them at a NSA tournament. Maybe going to Tennessee will bring them back down to earth"

Sounds like you have been drinking way to much Hateraid!! Even if they get there buts kicked at Nationals it's still a great experiance for the kids to go back there.......
THE SWAMI

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal