Spring 12U NorCal

by Dozerdog » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:59 pm

Storm beat Monarchs 2-0
Storm beat Firecrackers 7-1
Storm beat Force 10-3
Firecrackers beat Force 4-0
Firecrackers beat Monarchs 4-3
Monarchs beat Force 12-3

Some teams batted all some batted 9-10. Some rotated players in and out through out the games and all rotated pitchers a lot. Its was good work for all amongst some solid teams. I believe Force was missing a few players.
Dozerdog

by Capt_Jack » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:29 pm

Game on Sheeple, going to be a great season for those who are working through the winter.

All this great weather is bad for farmers but great for softballers!

Shame on those not putting work in. Could be the most competitive season seen in a long time.

Cheers to all you Hard workers!

:ugeek:
Capt_Jack

by roadrunner12 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:54 pm

In Madera the Venom, Force, Krush, Vendetta, and Rockets went at it. The Venom and Force battled to a 1-1 tie. Although the Venom left runners on 2nd and 3rd twice along with bases loaded they only could mustar up one run. The Force showed they are also a team to be taken seriously as they bounced right back after being scored on. The Venom has an 11 year old who can take it up to 52, but needs to be more consistant with her strike zone. The Force pitching will not overwhelm you with power, but is capable of keeping their team in the game by hitting their spots. The Krush and Rockets are young but do not let that fool you. As they will battle to the end as they did on Saturday. It must be that Fresno/Clovis fight in them. The Vendetta team showed they can sneak up on you as they did to the Venom in a tie game. Overall a good friendly for the first games of the year. I do know the Venom 14u, 12u, and 10u teams are always looking for friendlies. The 14u is a first year team (formerly Lady Canes), The 12u team is split in age but will battle with anybody. This fall they played the Storm in the championship game of the Monica Abott Classic. The Storm took care of business during that game. As for the 10u Venom they look like they are up for the challenge. They went 4-0 this weekend defeating two Dirt Dog teams, The Force, and Vendetta. Private message me if interested in a friendly. Regards the Roadrunner12.
roadrunner12

by gobblygoop » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:36 am

roadrunner12 wrote:In Madera the Venom, Force, Krush, Vendetta, and Rockets went at it. The Venom and Force battled to a 1-1 tie. Although the Venom left runners on 2nd and 3rd twice along with bases loaded they only could mustar up one run. The Force showed they are also a team to be taken seriously as they bounced right back after being scored on. The Venom has an 11 year old who can take it up to 52, but needs to be more consistant with her strike zone. The Force pitching will not overwhelm you with power, but is capable of keeping their team in the game by hitting their spots. The Krush and Rockets are young but do not let that fool you. As they will battle to the end as they did on Saturday. It must be that Fresno/Clovis fight in them. The Vendetta team showed they can sneak up on you as they did to the Venom in a tie game. Overall a good friendly for the first games of the year. I do know the Venom 14u, 12u, and 10u teams are always looking for friendlies. The 14u is a first year team (formerly Lady Canes), The 12u team is split in age but will battle with anybody. This fall they played the Storm in the championship game of the Monica Abott Classic. The Storm took care of business during that game. As for the 10u Venom they look like they are up for the challenge. They went 4-0 this weekend defeating two Dirt Dog teams, The Force, and Vendetta. Private message me if interested in a friendly. Regards the Roadrunner12.

Beep Beep!
Thanks for the update Roadrunner. While reading your post I could feel that stagnant Madera air sticking to my flesh. I could smell the cow dung in the breeze and feel Ray Ray's 52 mph heater blowing by me. You almost paint a picture as well as Vin Scully. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gobblygoop

by BeastMode » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:11 pm

:)
Last edited by BeastMode on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeastMode
Premium Member
Premium Member

by roadrunner12 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:15 pm

Thank you for the clarification of the new 12u Storm team. Always a pleasure to have another new team to compete with. Best of luck to you and your team. See ya on the road Beep beep!!!
roadrunner12

by Dozerdog » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:54 am

BeastMode wrote:Don't get things twisted... Storm-Jimenez is a new 12U team. We did not play in the fall, but did happen to scrap up a few players from here and there.

You did read my earlier post? Believe me everyone knows that your team is not the fall team. No disrespect to the fall team. See ya in a week or so.
Dozerdog

by gobblygoop » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:42 pm

So, how'd everyone do?
gobblygoop

by 2k1dad » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:34 pm

Big weekend of friendlies! Any early season surprises or predictions?
2k1dad

by Dozerdog » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:17 pm

I would say two teams that will be in the mix that might not have been thought about in the mix of the better teams will be Sting and AASA-Richardson. Also curious to get a look at Bownet and both KG hitters teams. Didn't get to see a lot of the teams I would have liked to have seen in Salinas. Good to see some of the early favorite teams go at it. The one team that I have seen a few times that is primed and ready to go is NC Firecrackers. Looking forward to seeing if they can keep it going. That team can flat out hit! Oh and be careful with 00! She will make you pay at the plate and on the bases when she is behind the dish.
Dozerdog

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal