Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Top 14U 00 teams?

by realtalk » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:18 pm

Maybe one bad apple ruins a bunch! But when I heard that parent talking about another NorCal team like that showed no class! Maybe so and I do believe you when you say the 14 & 12u coaches and players are class acts. But we were talking about the parents.
SJ Sting have good 14u and 12u teams. They compete with the best out there. Maybe all parents should be careful to what comes out of their mouths because there's always someone listening. Just keeping it real!
realtalk

by 5fingers2theface » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:56 pm

KG Hitters Kiko, Sorcerer & Firecracker Miller teams are all tough too. What happened to Grapette Kahwaty team? I know part of the team went to Firecrackers, but they never play any tournaments. Did they break up again???
5fingers2theface

by NorCalBaller123 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:25 am

Sorcerer's are not an '00. Don't think KG Kiko is either. Miller has a 99 team that is in highschool now so he co coaches the '00 Firecrackers Miller team which consists of some Grapettes-Kahwaty girls and others. They competed in their first tournament last week in Stockton and took 1st.
NorCalBaller123

by 5fingers2theface » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:54 pm

I heard that Stockton tourney last weekend was all B teams. Why didn't the go play in Vegas?? Can't keep track on all these Firecracker teams and coaches. Seems like they change coach names every tourney. Good luck this season.
5fingers2theface

by outnlftfield » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:34 pm

brutal evaluation on the B teams..comment five fingers..
..good test for norcal teams this weekend ..in salinas.. take a look at the lineup..
outnlftfield

by NorCalBaller123 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:58 am

Sorcerer's were in Stockton last week. Hmmm...guess they are now a B team then. Just join Heybucket last week 5 fingers to diss other young girls teams and pump yours up. so fun to watch. Keep digging the hole buddy
NorCalBaller123

by Iluvblue » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:28 am

That's pretty cool, I got to watch one of our B ball players hit a 230 ft opposite field HR at Arnaiz.
Iluvblue

by Iluvblue » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:14 am

5 fingers,

I learned a long time ago that the other teams we play are not the enemy. They have young girls on their teams that are just like the ones on your team.

Believe it or not, some of us don't give a crap about what others think about our team, and some of us actually have a plan. Our plan is to play often, play local, get better, keep our 1st year 14u parents from traveling all over and spending tons of their money to prove we either are good or we are avg. Believe it or not, our coaching staff knows where we are right now without spending thousands to find out. How you ask? because we know what the best looks like at each age group, we know what the weakest look like, and we know exactly what we need to do to improve our team all the while not going broke doing so.

Now you on the other hand might not understand the process of taking a team and improving them over a few seasons, and therefor may think everyone needs to go all over the west coast to get better. It is ok if you don't get it, after you have seen more than 1 or 2 seasons you might get smart enough to see how things work, so your comments are ok since you obviously are just starting out.

next time, just be careful about insulting 12 and 13 year old girls who are just trying to play and get better,
Iluvblue

by Under the Radar » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:48 pm

Iluvblue wrote:5 fingers,

I learned a long time ago that the other teams we play are not the enemy. They have young girls on their teams that are just like the ones on your team.

Believe it or not, some of us don't give a crap about what others think about our team, and some of us actually have a plan. Our plan is to play often, play local, get better, keep our 1st year 14u parents from traveling all over and spending tons of their money to prove we either are good or we are avg. Believe it or not, our coaching staff knows where we are right now without spending thousands to find out. How you ask? because we know what the best looks like at each age group, we know what the weakest look like, and we know exactly what we need to do to improve our team all the while not going broke doing so.

Now you on the other hand might not understand the process of taking a team and improving them over a few seasons, and therefor may think everyone needs to go all over the west coast to get better. It is ok if you don't get it, after you have seen more than 1 or 2 seasons you might get smart enough to see how things work, so your comments are ok since you obviously are just starting out.

next time, just be careful about insulting 12 and 13 year old girls who are just trying to play and get better,

While I see your point I am curious are you saying that if a team went to Vegas or So Cal or anywhere more than a few hours they are being foolish? then?
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Iluvblue » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:06 pm

That is not what Im saying at all. Each team has their own set of circumstances and each coach needs to do what is right for THEIR team. For us, and especially in my case, my coaching staff will be on the road for 17 straight days this Summer, so I am in no hurry to travel with our 14u team.

If we had a top dominant pitcher, then we would need to venture out a little more to see where we stand.

IMO, going to Vegas for a 12u team is fine... but that would be about it for me, except maybe 1 additional trip down south before nationals... and that would be it for me. I also have my finger on the pulse of the team, I wouldn't need to go to Vegas to find out if we could compete, id already know if we could, and if we could, id go. But if I knew we were going to get it handed to us, I would not take may parents to vegas to get whipped by all but the weakest of the weak. id stay home and play against teams we were better suited to play, without making my parents spend 5-800 dollars to go find out what I already know.

In any event, what works for us, might not work for others, and what works for others, might not work for us. but it is certainly not 5 fingers place to say what we should or shouldn't be doing.
Iluvblue

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal